Same old fans every time.

The world is full of self appointed experts on everything, my experience on such folk is that they never change because they never listen, so they never learn anything. The average expert knows more and more about less and less, until they eventually know everything about nothing. lol

1 minute ago, torres said:

Most don't do either 

Yes we are happier when we win and down when we lose - that is a football supporter.

But most look further than the result (the ones that go and watch the games) - we can see positives when we don't win and also see when we have got away with the 3 points.

The discussions on here are normally accurate - some vary on players performances that is natural, but as a club/team the supporters on here are normally not far from the mark.

The ''extreme'' views from week to week tend to be from those that don't attend.

Or with a lot of time on there hand be it they are retired or be it that they don't work due to circumstance or choice.

Its normally busy on here at lunchtime and after 6pm so you can gauge who fails into what.

Or after 3.30pm if they are in school lol

1 hour ago, sonofbert2 said:

I sat behind a bloke last night who is probably one of the most negative supporters I have ever come across.

I told him to stop shaking his head before it fuckingfell off and that was in our early good patch.  He was ripping into Baker who he thought was Lees and over the game as we talked he got full house for OT Negative Bingo - KW, Hirst, Clare, fake injuries, get Hutch back in etc the lot!

It was nailed on he posted on here so I said, "I'm dreading going on OT later if we can't get back into it soon" to see his response.  He'd never heard of it :laugh:.

Got fed up of his moaning so I kept sniffing loudly behind him until it finished just behind his hearing aid.

It was like he hated us.

Annoying as that is (and there's a bloke behind me on the North who just winds everyone up the same) at least he goes, pays his money. He must at least care.

It's the poisonous over opinionated stay at home slaggers that are much much worse. And in a far bigger proportion on social media than at the matches. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Peacenocchio said:

Annoying as that is (and there's a bloke behind me on the North who just winds everyone up the same) at least he goes, pays his money. He must at least care.

It's the poisonous over opinionated stay at home slaggers that are much much worse. And in a far bigger proportion on social media than at the matches. 

Twitter regarding football is mind boggling  

It's either venomous abuse or equally as sick, grown men calling footballers ''Mate'' and wishing them happy birthday like they have been best friends for years!!!

Both make my skin crawl 

7 minutes ago, Peacenocchio said:

We were in a pub abroad but he does go 5 or 6 times a year he said when asked and lives a fair distance from Sheffield now.

The bar had loads of matches on loads of tellies and he was obviously a regular so maybe there was a touch of envy/resentment at Man U on the big screen and being surrounded by mainly them, not sure but he was madly negative.

Not relevant but funny was the bloke in the Stoke shirt too busy watching Man U to know they'd even scored.  I was the only one who cheered and he still never clicked on until the whistle.  Weirdo.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, room0035 said:

So we lose a few games and we blame the players, the manager, the team the chairman, the pitch, the mascots.

We win a few games and we blow smoke up the managers ass being a master tactician, the players are all brilliant and worth millions, the chairman' s amazing, we are going to finish top 6 or top 2.

Is this not part of being a football fan - some go OTT but fans love their club, they want it to do well, but when things go wrong they are not happy.

Hand on heart for anyone on here I bet you can count on one hand in the amount of time after a lose you have said the other team were just better. 

Agree completely. In the eye of the supporter, footballs rarely been about the other team being better, fans hold their club in higher regard than most other clubs, and if a defeat happens it’s down to the manager or a mistake, when in  actual fact it’s just that the opponents are better footballers. A weird psychology in football 

3 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Aren't 99% of clubs fans the same as ours though?

Yes we do have people how enjoy stirring and moaning over bad results but all clubs have fans like that.

Also people need to remember out of players, coaches, journalists and fans its only the fans who have paid to be there.

course they are,

I saw the formation and selection last night and knew that there would be zero width in the team. Low and behold, zero width! Too congested in the middle of the park with no outlets out wide.

Tip, tap, tip, tap, run forward 10 yards, turn round in a circle and pass back to hector/pudil/Dawson....this happened all night long. Fox and Baker constantly having to deal with 2 attacking QPR players as there was minimal tracking back by the midfield.

That was awful last night, I’m going to vent about it but it’s now the next day and it’s time to move onto Birmingham. I just hope lessons are learnt, passion from the team is required and some bloody movement up front. I really really fear we are going to get hammered at the Sty and the pigs are going to be able to sing about their own massacre.

3 hours ago, torryowl said:

I just find it strange that it doesn't transmit to negativity down at the ground on matchdays …..you'd think with fans with such poisonous views the boo's & jeers and the "jos out" chants would be reverberating around the stadium …..I wonder why it doesn't seem to happen . 

Its definitely there just not in big enough groups yet. There's a few who sit behind us that make criticising remarks as the team is read out then go on to slag every player in turn. Next thing they are wankcing the same player off if he does something good. Its madness. We have always had these fans but they have a greater platform now to be heard. I'm old school & believe the term supporter means to support & when I'm at a game I will give every player who wears the shirt 100% support.

WAWAW

4 hours ago, mkowl said:

Could be argued that the same old fans perpetually look to smooth over the cracks that are evident to most of us. On and off the field there are issues. Is it too much to ask that we demand the best rather than putting up with average 

Good point, but what is the best?.

Is it buying players in and shelling out Millions for the privilege, if so then history show us that to be wrong, we tried that in the very recent  and not so recent, past and look where that has got us.

Or is it to build some thing that will last the test of time, if this is the best way forward, and in my mind it is, then that will take time.

Unfortunately we are now living in the INSTANT the 'me now' society and so fans want instant success, instant every thing.

For all his faults, Mr Chansiri has spent money on the infrastructure of the club, Academy, Scouting, the training ground etc, yes there is still room for improvement, but I am sure those will be addressed at the right time.

Edited by adelphi1867

5 hours ago, adelphi1867 said:

What do some fans do all day?, do they sit at the PC just waiting for the Club to make mistakes and then pounce gleefully on them?.

Noticed that myself, bloody west brom were reyt lucky...and forest, milwall last season and one or two more gliches in between. Then last night FF not playing caused a massive headache for our coach, he normally likes to play a settled side...but foookin FF bolloxed it up and he had no choice but to make wholesale changes.

My bet is he leaves him out when available so he can concentrate on his defensive plans....nearly there now, just a couple more hundred tweaks and we will have the best defence in the league.

I'm at a loss as to why people moan, i mean everybody makes mistakes.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Aren't 99% of clubs fans the same as ours though?

Yes we do have people how enjoy stirring and moaning over bad results but all clubs have fans like that.

Also people need to remember out of players, coaches, journalists and fans its only the fans who have paid to be there.

Spot on pal.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, adelphi1867 said:

What do some fans do all day?, do they sit at the PC just waiting for the Club to make mistakes and then pounce gleefully on them?.

Where are the same fans when the Club / team get it right?.

some may know enough about football to see we cannot be clapping all the time.

we've a fight on our hands this season, some haven't realised it yet.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

Agree completely. In the eye of the supporter, footballs rarely been about the other team being better, fans hold their club in higher regard than most other clubs, and if a defeat happens it’s down to the manager or a mistake, when in  actual fact it’s just that the opponents are better footballers. A weird psychology in football 

Agree with this but don't you also think that, even if the other team has better players, they only play as good as you allow them to play ?

An organised outfit can stop other teams playing well, you see it all the time in so called giant killing matches, where the underdogs want it more.

3 minutes ago, ElsecarOwl said:

Agree with this but don't you also think that, even if the other team has better players, they only play as good as you allow them to play ?

An organised outfit can stop other teams playing well, you see it all the time in so called giant killing matches, where the underdogs want it more.

Yes on occasion it can be down to the underdog wanting  it more but 9/10 that doesn’t happen and the better quality team win the match 

Football is a simple game over complicated by mercenaries like CC who are desperate for a paycheck, thus releasing a book on being a master tactician, which IMO is a load of ballacks

Yes tactics play a part, but you could have poor players in those tactics, it’s about the quality of the player 

Guest LittleG
3 hours ago, LittleG said:

I think this is the same at the majority of football clubs who have had to put up with what we have over last 18 years. 

As a further example of so called fickle and complaining fans that don't just follow Wednesday, the players at top of the league Boro left the field to a chorus of boos last night cos they couldn't beat Rotherham.