Same old fans every time.

2 hours ago, adelphi1867 said:

Good point, but what is the best?.

Is it buying players in and shelling out Millions for the privilege, if so then history show us that to be wrong, we tried that in the very recent  and not so recent, past and look where that has got us.

Or is it to build some thing that will last the test of time, if this is the best way forward, and in my mind it is, then that will take time.

Unfortunately we are now living in the INSTANT the 'me now' society and so fans want instant success, instant every thing.

For all his faults, Mr Chansiri has spent money on the infrastructure of the club, Academy, Scouting, the training ground etc, yes there is still room for improvement, but I am sure those will be addressed at the right time.

the issue is really this transition period. If we have players on big wages just sat doing nothing, then it seems an extraordinary waste of everyone's money. The younger players will develop better alongside experienced players IF the attitude of the latter is good

Actually my frustration is more that the building of the team and infrastructure was effectively put on hold for two years. It would be good to get the first interviews with DC linked up at some stage, perhaps I just dreamt that he said this was his intention

So won't fault the initial expenditure on quality players, that was needed, it gave the necessary uplift in quality.

But imagine a parallel universe where post Wembley the next transfer windows were all about adding younger players and starting to bring on one or two of the Development Squad lads. instead we got a splurge on post peak career players, with indifferent injury records, attitudes to match and are now costing probably in the region of 100k to 200k PER week between them to not contribute

7 minutes ago, mkowl said:

the issue is really this transition period. If we have players on big wages just sat doing nothing, then it seems an extraordinary waste of everyone's money. The younger players will develop better alongside experienced players IF the attitude of the latter is good

Actually my frustration is more that the building of the team and infrastructure was effectively put on hold for two years. It would be good to get the first interviews with DC linked up at some stage, perhaps I just dreamt that he said this was his intention

So won't fault the initial expenditure on quality players, that was needed, it gave the necessary uplift in quality.

But imagine a parallel universe where post Wembley the next transfer windows were all about adding younger players and starting to bring on one or two of the Development Squad lads. instead we got a splurge on post peak career players, with indifferent injury records, attitudes to match and are now costing probably in the region of 100k to 200k PER week between them to not contribute

Yep, that’s exactly where we went wrong. Had we spent those Year Two millions on just the two or three players that were needed, we could have actually added some real quality to the squad

The only way out of our current situation is to sell Reach and/or FF, wait for this dead wood to go, then hit the reset button. 

And equally important would be the appointment of a manager who knows this league, and a Director of Football that can implement a sensible recruitment (and sales) policy. 

The above is a common sense formula. My concern would be that I don’t think DC thinks any of this makes sense. 

• Thanks 1

Don't think this is a case of fickle fans, we praise when going well and complain when we lose. The bigger problem is the performances and the way we are sleepwalking to defeats,  This lack of clean sheets will see us on the bottom 3 at the end of the season unless Jos can sort it out.

6 hours ago, gurujuan said:

I’d find it even more bizarre if people came on here praising the side following a 3-0 defeat to QPR As I mentioned in another post, expect plaudits when you do well, but brickbats when you don’t 

Very true, but... the knee-jerk reactions by such a large proportion of our fanbase is embarrassing and idiotic. 

Edited by taylor

12 minutes ago, vulva said:

The only way out of our current situation is to sell Reach and/or FF, wait for this dead wood to go, then hit the reset button. 

And equally important would be the appointment of a manager who knows this league, and a Director of Football that can implement a sensible recruitment (and sales) policy. 

The above is a common sense formula. My concern would be that I don’t think DC thinks any of this makes sense. 

I go along with all of this (almost) but I’d hope we’d be looking to offload a few others in January as cash sales to keep things afloat for now, rather than Reach or FF at this stage, else what’s the point in not playing players like you know who (not mentioning his name again in case some have fits)

8 minutes ago, taylor said:

Very true, but... the knee-jerk reactions by such a large proportion of our fanbase is embarrassing and idiotic. 

I’m not sure it’s such a large proportion. I tend to ignore all that crazy stuff, as I’m sure most do, so with the floor to themselves, maybe it seems like a larger percentage 

6 hours ago, Plonk said:

I like to think I’m fairly balanced in my views. I spent yesterday traveling down to London, paying five pound for a bottle of crap cider and being ridiculed by a very special person in a Mexican hat.  Now I can put up with that if my team put in a performance. But they didn’t. Which is why some of my comments last night where over the top. I don’t mind poor players, God knows I’ve watched enough, but what I can’t stand is a lack of commitment. Sadly that’s what we got last night. 

That im afraid is down to the manager. Why put Fox back in the team. Why play two big lads up front then barely put a cross in all night. Why allow QPR the freedom of London to play passes just where they wanted.

absolutely baffled by last night. Things need to change and quickly.

I agree with 99% of your post, but it's a sad state of affairs, when I'm most interested in the Mexican hat wearer.

Care to explain?

I actually think most people on here being critical try and explain why based on the evidence they have witnessed.

So 

Not playing the best keeper

Not playing a settled defence

Not playing a settled formation

Lack of solidity when not in possession

Full backs being left exposed to 2 on 1 situations

Lack of width

No tackling in midfield

Persisting with playing out the back to centre halfs that would be more comfortable meeting a chap called Vlad in Salisbury

Inability to get Reach into the game

Slow build up play

The lack of touches in the opposition box, our forwards generally facing our own goal when receiving the ball

Constant switching of tactical formation in the game. Get it right at the start

Slow starts in both halves of games

Ineffective substitutions

We Lost

Whoopy doooo yes, brilliant wooo ooooo !!!!!!

Get a grip. Many people on here have valid points about the state of the team and the club.

maybe if we kept the same game plan that works, didn't have financial penalties hanging over us every time the boot boy went for a crap

then I'd say fine.

BUT.... it's been run like a comedy sketch this club... and people are right in having a pop when we've just been shafted 3 - 0

• Thanks 1

Guest LittleG
57 minutes ago, taylor said:

It might be a knee jerk reaction by a fair few on owlstalk but this does not represent our fan base - totally different.

3 minutes ago, LSOwls said:

Name names!

The names are legion...Its all football fans....

have some folk never actually been to a football game?

You can hear fans slating a player one minute and singing his name the next...Thats football, it always has been.

You see it here in written form, I know ive done it.

Lets be honest you lose 3-0 at QPR, you can hardly expect some bugger to post what a "wonderful" game it was...Its a way of getting your feelings out, then goin' again

The teams not played very well..posts will reflect that..The team wins and plays well...posts will reflect that...all the peripheral stuff is either elation or disaapointment

Guest Hillsborough Mole
7 hours ago, SiJ said:

Tbf I don't see many people lavishing the team with praise. We were w@nk.

But it's a bit embarrassing (imo) when you've got the same people (they know who they are) posting the same mellow dramatic poo because we've lost a game of football.

Do they know who they are?

58 minutes ago, mkowl said:

I actually think most people on here being critical try and explain why based on the evidence they have witnessed.

So 

Not playing the best keeper

Not playing a settled defence

Not playing a settled formation

Lack of solidity when not in possession

Full backs being left exposed to 2 on 1 situations

Lack of width

No tackling in midfield

Persisting with playing out the back to centre halfs that would be more comfortable meeting a chap called Vlad in Salisbury

Inability to get Reach into the game

Slow build up play

The lack of touches in the opposition box, our forwards generally facing our own goal when receiving the ball

Constant switching of tactical formation in the game. Get it right at the start

Slow starts in both halves of games

Ineffective substitutions

but apart from that :biggrin:

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Ash76 said:

In general terms I hate our fans, if I ever stop going that will be the reason why 

our fans are the best in the league we sell out nearly every away game and make a huge amount of noise ,unfortunately on the pitch and off it the club don't deserve our support , Birmingham are charging adults £20 and kids £1 on Saturday yet they have quite a large wage bill,while chansiri fleeces our support asking £40 plus and £15 for kids ,we are going to lose a generation of supporters due to him . gone are the days of 30k plus at home ,I don't see that coming back as we now have lost the casual supporter maybe for good. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, sonofbert2 said:

I sat behind a bloke last night who is probably one of the most negative supporters I have ever come across.

I told him to stop shaking his head before it fuckingfell off and that was in our early good patch.  He was ripping into Baker who he thought was Lees and over the game as we talked he got full house for OT Negative Bingo - KW, Hirst, Clare, fake injuries, get Hutch back in etc the lot!

It was nailed on he posted on here so I said, "I'm dreading going on OT later if we can't get back into it soon" to see his response.  He'd never heard of it :laugh:.

Got fed up of his moaning so I kept sniffing loudly behind him until it finished just behind his hearing aid.

It was like he hated us.

Thats what you get for sitting in the away end.

• Haha 1