Same old fans every time.

Just now, adelphi1867 said:

What do some fans do all day?, do they sit at the PC just waiting for the Club to make mistakes and then pounce gleefully on them?.

Where are the same fans when the Club / team get it right?.

Think its human nature to have a good moan when things are going badly.

Some people go a bit OTT after a bad result, but equally I find it cringeworthy the other way with people making heroes out of the players after 1 good result.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Just now, Castleford Owl said:

It’s funny how the consensus always seems to be that we have great fans. The reality is we don’t. We’re either over the top confident or poisonous. No I’m between. Generally speaking of course 

Aren't 99% of clubs fans the same as ours though?

Yes we do have people how enjoy stirring and moaning over bad results but all clubs have fans like that.

Also people need to remember out of players, coaches, journalists and fans its only the fans who have paid to be there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Could be argued that the same old fans perpetually look to smooth over the cracks that are evident to most of us. On and off the field there are issues. Is it too much to ask that we demand the best rather than putting up with average 

1 minute ago, mkowl said:

Could be argued that the same old fans perpetually look to smooth over the cracks that are evident to most of us. On and off the field there are issues. Is it too much to ask that we demand the best rather than putting up with average 

Good post.

“It’s the hope that kills you”.

Reading Owl 2014

• Thanks 1

I just find it strange that it doesn't transmit to negativity down at the ground on matchdays …..you'd think with fans with such poisonous views the boo's & jeers and the "jos out" chants would be reverberating around the stadium …..I wonder why it doesn't seem to happen . 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, torryowl said:

I just find it strange that it doesn't transmit to negativity down at the ground on matchdays …..you'd think with fans with such poisonous views the boo's & jeers and the "jos out" chants would be reverberating around the stadium …..I wonder why it doesn't seem to happen . 

Does poisonous classify as bemused over  the managers tactics, style of play, team selection? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, torryowl said:

That's because it doesn't happen but some of the delicate souls on here think we are all out to get them:ghoulguy:

6 minutes ago, mkowl said:

I think being a supporter is hoping for the best and expecting the average …….the club don't demand we go so why would anyone demand they are successful ….

I sat behind a bloke last night who is probably one of the most negative supporters I have ever come across.

I told him to stop shaking his head before it fuckingfell off and that was in our early good patch.  He was ripping into Baker who he thought was Lees and over the game as we talked he got full house for OT Negative Bingo - KW, Hirst, Clare, fake injuries, get Hutch back in etc the lot!

It was nailed on he posted on here so I said, "I'm dreading going on OT later if we can't get back into it soon" to see his response.  He'd never heard of it :laugh:.

Got fed up of his moaning so I kept sniffing loudly behind him until it finished just behind his hearing aid.

It was like he hated us.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

I’d find it even more bizarre if people came on here praising the side following a 3-0 defeat to QPR As I mentioned in another post, expect plaudits when you do well, but brickbats when you don’t 

Jos has been dealt a bad hand!  Don’t you know? 

But he’ll get it right with time and more training sessions to get the lads fitter than ever