Same old fans every time.

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

I’d find it even more bizarre if people came on here praising the side following a 3-0 defeat to QPR As I mentioned in another post, expect plaudits when you do well, but brickbats when you don’t 

Tbf I don't see many people lavishing the team with praise. We were w@nk.

But it's a bit embarrassing (imo) when you've got the same people (they know who they are) posting the same mellow dramatic poo because we've lost a game of football.

34 minutes ago, torryowl said:

I just find it strange that it doesn't transmit to negativity down at the ground on matchdays …..you'd think with fans with such poisonous views the boo's & jeers and the "jos out" chants would be reverberating around the stadium …..I wonder why it doesn't seem to happen . 

spot on sir

Get Westwood back

F00k off Chansiri 

Dawson is poo

Where is Hutch, Nando etc 

It isn't like some of these aren't salient points or have a degree of validity, but talk about banging the same drum over and over again. 

I like to think I’m fairly balanced in my views. I spent yesterday traveling down to London, paying five pound for a bottle of crap cider and being ridiculed by a very special person in a Mexican hat.  Now I can put up with that if my team put in a performance. But they didn’t. Which is why some of my comments last night where over the top. I don’t mind poor players, God knows I’ve watched enough, but what I can’t stand is a lack of commitment. Sadly that’s what we got last night. 

That im afraid is down to the manager. Why put Fox back in the team. Why play two big lads up front then barely put a cross in all night. Why allow QPR the freedom of London to play passes just where they wanted.

absolutely baffled by last night. Things need to change and quickly.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I’d find it even more bizarre if people came on here praising the side following a 3-0 defeat to QPR As I mentioned in another post, expect plaudits when you do well, but brickbats when you don’t 

You aren't one of those who disappears then returns on a full on assault first chance tbh which I think is what's being got at.

You are negative anyway whether we win or lose :biggrin:

• Haha 3

Just now, SiJ said:

Tbf I don't see many people lavishing the team with praise. We were w@nk.

But it's a bit embarrassing (imo) when you've got the same people (they know who they are) posting the same mellow dramatic poo because we've lost a game of football.

I agree, but it’s only a handful with the over the top threads For me, I have no truck with the Jos/Carlos out threads, or laying into individuals for a particular performance However, I think it’s fair game to comment on tactics, especially if it’s done in a reasonable way

1 hour ago, torryowl said:

I just find it strange that it doesn't transmit to negativity down at the ground on matchdays …..you'd think with fans with such poisonous views the boo's & jeers and the "jos out" chants would be reverberating around the stadium …..I wonder why it doesn't seem to happen . 

Because what happens on here and at the ground are 2 different things

What I would say is if you come to an interview for a job where the owner is a Sheffield Wednesday fan, ie the owner is me, don't expect to get the job if you mock us

If you raise genuine concerns about individual or team performances after a win people get shot down and are told to shut up and enjoy the win. Which I’m sure they do enjoy, but this is a forum after all.

If we lose those same concerns are voiced but are amplified. It stands out more. Then people get moaned at and are told to blindly support the team. 

There might be the odd one or two the relish negativity, but I’m sure 99.99% if the fan base want us to do well and play good football. 

I personally will dish out criticism and will praise players equally when they do well.

I tend to find you have one or two way over the top negative supporters who exaggerate and slag things off that aren’t there. Whereas you have dozens of way over the top positive supporters who exaggerate and praise things that aren’t there. It’s all good showing support and I hate this phrase, but so many people are blinded by their blue and white specs when anything poor happens.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jonesy87shef said:

If you raise genuine concerns about individual or team performances after a win people get shot down and are told to shut up and enjoy the win. Which I’m sure they do enjoy, but this is a forum after all.

If we lose those same concerns are voiced but are amplified. It stands out more. Then people get moaned at and are told to blindly support the team. 

There might be the odd one or two the relish negativity, but I’m sure 99.99% if the fan base want us to do well and play good football. 

I personally will dish out criticism and will praise players equally when they do well.

I tend to find you have one or two way over the top negative supporters who exaggerate and slag things off that aren’t there. Whereas you have dozens of way over the top positive supporters who exaggerate and praise things that aren’t there. It’s all good showing support and I hate this phrase, but so many people are blinded by their blue and white specs when anything poor happens.

I agree, most of the posts put their point of view on and then it's there for discussion. 

I very rarely see a ''negative'' post that isn't backed up with reasoning.

Usually it's the ones with the false praise that are weak posts 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, stevewhiterose said:

Just wondered how many of the above people actually travelled over 300 miles on Tuesday to suffer that debacle against a decidedly average QPR team.

I went and once again the support far outweighed the ''performance''

11 minutes ago, jonesy87shef said:

Spot on

• Thanks 1

So we lose a few games and we blame the players, the manager, the team the chairman, the pitch, the mascots.

We win a few games and we blow smoke up the managers ass being a master tactician, the players are all brilliant and worth millions, the chairman' s amazing, we are going to finish top 6 or top 2.

Is this not part of being a football fan - some go OTT but fans love their club, they want it to do well, but when things go wrong they are not happy.

Hand on heart for anyone on here I bet you can count on one hand in the amount of time after a lose you have said the other team were just better. 

They were poor last night - virtually every player. The reaction to a performance like that is predictable. 

Although we're only two points off the play offs I fear ultimately this will be a season to endure.  We aren't going to take teams apart with sparkling football. But that is going to happen with a squad full of young players and inconsistent older players that we have to turn to  - partly because I've never known us have so many on the payroll whose faces don't seem to fit or who have been written off.  Plus some of our better players are permanently injured. 

No need to panic. No need to get on the players backs. The problem lies at the top.

Guest LittleG
2 hours ago, Castleford Owl said:

It’s funny how the consensus always seems to be that we have great fans. The reality is we don’t. We’re either over the top confident or poisonous. No in between. Generally speaking of course.

I think this is the same at the majority of football clubs who have had to put up with what we have over last 18 years. 

5 minutes ago, room0035 said:

So we lose a few games and we blame the players, the manager, the team the chairman, the pitch, the mascots.

We win a few games and we blow smoke up the managers ass being a master tactician, the players are all brilliant and worth millions, the chairman' s amazing, we are going to finish top 6 or top 2.

Is this not part of being a football fan - some go OTT but fans love their club, they want it to do well, but when things go wrong they are not happy.

Hand on heart for anyone on here I bet you can count on one hand in the amount of time after a lose you have said the other team were just better. 

Most don't do either 

Yes we are happier when we win and down when we lose - that is a football supporter.

But most look further than the result (the ones that go and watch the games) - we can see positives when we don't win and also see when we have got away with the 3 points.

The discussions on here are normally accurate - some vary on players performances that is natural, but as a club/team the supporters on here are normally not far from the mark.

The ''extreme'' views from week to week tend to be from those that don't attend.