• Onomah
    • Fletcher
    • Bannan
    • Penney
    • Joao
    • Forestieri
    • Pelupessy

4 minutes ago, victorturner said:

Any forward who scores two gets my vote but I did think Hector was outstanding too. Strong, tall, determined  and pretty quick.

Agree with that Joao wasn't outstanding generally but made the difference where and when it mattered. Good 3 points.

6 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Hector for me. Looks a class act.

He's a proper player. He's playing at the back and getting rid isn't his only option. I'm really impressed each time he runs forward into midfield with the ball, normally something you don't want to see from a centre back. You know he's not going to lose the ball.

This must be a revaltion to Barry Bannan who was having to run back to play all passes for Glen Loovens last year.

Lucas João took his chances though.

9/10 for both.

Hector for me,commanding display all over the backline snuffing out danger,hel get better with games as well so its promising.

He was ran close by Onomah who likewise showed the same high level of commitment,some strong performances also from Bannan and big Lucas,and some crucial stops by the under fire Dawson.

"O what fun it is to see the WEDNESDAY win away" WTF:

• Like 1

When Isaw the team sheet I couldn't work out what formation we were going to play, for the first 45 minutes it looked like the players didn't either.

Second half the midfield started get a grip and we started to release Joao and to a lesser extent FF and took control of the game until the penalty.

Dawson. 6. Made a great block then followed it up with a poor flap at the ball a little later.

Palmer. 6. Looked solid but then switched off when robbed for the goal, offers very little going forward.

Hector 7.5 Like this player, one of those who looks like he has time on the ball.

Lees. 7.  More like the old Tom Lees.

Pudil 7.  Solid performance.

Thorniley 6 Solid defensively but offered nothing pushing forward, like him best as a central defender.

Penney 6 Some nice ball control at times, not scared to run at players.

Onumah 7 Played some nice passing with Bannan. Good alround display.

Bannan 7.5. At times I thought there must be 2 Bannans on the pitch he was seeing that much of the ball. Midfield lost its passing ability when he went off.

Reach. 7 Loads of energy, here there and everywhere. The Goals have given him a lot of confidence.

Fletcher 6. Was on a hiding to nothing playing the lone striker, was putting himself about until injured.

Joao 8 MoM. Really well taken goals but at times looked languid. Has that great knack of scoring goals, his goals per minutes played must be top class.

FF.  5.5. A really quite game for our talisman but still managed to get booked.

Pelupessy 6. Did what he was brought onto and helped block up midfield.