• Onomah
    • Fletcher
    • Bannan
    • Penney
    • Joao
    • Forestieri
    • Pelupessy

49 minutes ago, daleblue said:

Went for Dawson but kept asking me to choose again.

It's fixed.

I wanted to vote Westwood but no option. lol

Voted Joao, took his goals well.

Ref ought to get it for Bristol, he did everything bar put ball in net for them. 

• Haha 3

Dawson - 7 - Most important moment of the game was Dawson's fantastic save to deny Diedhiou in the 1st half. That goes in, the complex of the game is totally different. That said, I still think he looks short of confidence (no surprise, considering the level of vitriol from some sections of the supporters) when coming and dealing with crosses. 

Palmer - 5 - Utter incompetence in the build up to the penalty. Pratting about on the touchline, letting a harmless situation becomes a major issue. Has to cut these totally unforced errors out of his game. Angered me so much watching that phase of play develop.

Lees - 7 - Another steady display, and looks better in having a proper centre half at the side of him. 

Hector - 9 - Man of the Match - Absolute colossus. Dominated both aerially and in the tackle. Won everything in the air, and reads the game so well. It's that type of performance we've missed over the past 18 months.

Pudil - 7 - Did well. He and Thorniley kept Bristol's right hand side relatively quiet, despite the threat of Hunt and Brownhill.

Thorniley - 6 - Defended well, and looked strong in the tackle once again. Just lacked a threat going forward from left wing back. 

Onomah - 7 - Another strong, physical display. Gave a softish penalty away (but I've already made it crystal clear where the blame lies for that!), but showed good legs to carry us up the pitch on occasions, and in the 2nd half, used the ball very well in tight situations. Reminds me of a slightly more technical Antonio. 

Bannan - 8 - Once again, everything that made us tick, came through him. His vision and constant wish to play the ball forward is a real joy to watch. Chalk and cheese to the safe, sideways passing we were use to see him doing in Carlos' system.

Reach - 6 - Struggled to impact the game greatly today, and when he did, his touch often let him down. Still managed to find some nice positions, and nearly scored another long range effort. 

Penney - 6 - Interesting choice playing Penney as an advanced midfielder. Not sure we saw the best out of him. When moved to left wing back, looked strong and was a constant option out wide. Always seems to end the game strong. 

Fletcher - N/A -

Joao - 7 - Up until him scoring the two goals...he was on a 5 out of 10. He was utterly hopeless. Couldn't look after the ball, struggled to stay on his feet, won nothing in the air. And then, he just just what Joao does...keeps plugging away, and produced a bit of quality out of nothing. That's him...unpredictable. From the sublime to the ridiculous. Still a great option to have. 

Forestieri - 7 - Luhukay was, in my opinion, unfairly, criticised for his substitutions on Wednesday. Well, bring Forestieri on for Thorniley was an inspired change. Positive, and allowed Forestieri to really stretch Bristol's tiring back line. Worked very hard, and performed a great job on the left wing late on.

Overall... it was a slow, sluggish start...and I worried that Luhukay had set us up that way. But listening to his interview afterwards, he clearly wasn't happy. From 25 minutes onwards, we started to dominate the midfield, look after the ball and control things, and we maintained that until the penalty. On the whole, it was a very assured away performance...but yet again, we're reliant on inspired goalkeeping and a bit of luck (Bristol hit the woodwork at 0-0) to keep us in games. We need to show the level of control for 90 minutes. We'll continue to struggle to keep clean sheets, while ever we continue to have periods in the game where we lose control of the game. 

That said, we created 3 or 4 really good chances ourselves, and took advantage of a poor side lacking confidence. 6th in the league, and I don't think we've got out of 2nd gear for much more than a couple of halves. Get the clean sheet issue sorted...and you just never know. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, frastheowl said:

Dawson - 7 - Most important moment of the game was Dawson's fantastic save to deny Diedhiou in the 1st half. That goes in, the complex of the game is totally different. That said, I still think he looks short of confidence (no surprise, considering the level of vitriol from some sections of the supporters) when coming and dealing with crosses. 

Palmer - 5 - Utter incompetence in the build up to the penalty. Pratting about on the touchline, letting a harmless situation becomes a major issue. Has to cut these totally unforced errors out of his game. Angered me so much watching that phase of play develop.

Lees - 7 - Another steady display, and looks better in having a proper centre half at the side of him. 

Hector - 9 - Man of the Match - Absolute colossus. Dominated both aerially and in the tackle. Won everything in the air, and reads the game so well. It's that type of performance we've missed over the past 18 months.

Pudil - 7 - Did well. He and Thorniley kept Bristol's right hand side relatively quiet, despite the threat of Hunt and Brownhill.

Thorniley - 6 - Defended well, and looked strong in the tackle once again. Just lacked a threat going forward from left wing back. 

Onomah - 7 - Another strong, physical display. Gave a softish penalty away (but I've already made it crystal clear where the blame lies for that!), but showed good legs to carry us up the pitch on occasions, and in the 2nd half, used the ball very well in tight situations. Reminds me of a slightly more technical Antonio. 

Bannan - 8 - Once again, everything that made us tick, came through him. His vision and constant wish to play the ball forward is a real joy to watch. Chalk and cheese to the safe, sideways passing we were use to see him doing in Carlos' system.

Reach - 6 - Struggled to impact the game greatly today, and when he did, his touch often let him down. Still managed to find some nice positions, and nearly scored another long range effort. 

Penney - 6 - Interesting choice playing Penney as an advanced midfielder. Not sure we saw the best out of him. When moved to left wing back, looked strong and was a constant option out wide. Always seems to end the game strong. 

Fletcher - N/A -

Joao - 7 - Up until him scoring the two goals...he was on a 5 out of 10. He was utterly hopeless. Couldn't look after the ball, struggled to stay on his feet, won nothing in the air. And then, he just just what Joao does...keeps plugging away, and produced a bit of quality out of nothing. That's him...unpredictable. From the sublime to the ridiculous. Still a great option to have. 

Forestieri - 7 - Luhukay was, in my opinion, unfairly, criticised for his substitutions on Wednesday. Well, bring Forestieri on for Thorniley was an inspired change. Positive, and allowed Forestieri to really stretch Bristol's tiring back line. Worked very hard, and performed a great job on the left wing late on.

Overall... it was a slow, sluggish start...and I worried that Luhukay had set us up that way. But listening to his interview afterwards, he clearly wasn't happy. From 25 minutes onwards, we started to dominate the midfield, look after the ball and control things, and we maintained that until the penalty. On the whole, it was a very assured away performance...but yet again, we're reliant on inspired goalkeeping and a bit of luck (Bristol hit the woodwork at 0-0) to keep us in games. We need to show the level of control for 90 minutes. We'll continue to struggle to keep clean sheets, while ever we continue to have periods in the game where we lose control of the game. 

That said, we created 3 or 4 really good chances ourselves, and took advantage of a poor side lacking confidence. 6th in the league, and I don't think we've got out of 2nd gear for much more than a couple of halves. Get the clean sheet issue sorted...and you just never know. 

Idiot

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Dawson 6

Palmer 6

Lees 7

Hector 8 MOM

Pudil 8

Thorniley 6

Bannan 6

Onomah 7

Penney 6  (5 for his midfield performance)

Reach 6

Fletcher 5

Joao 7

Forestieri 6

Pelupessy 7 ( short but important contribution)

Awful first half, excellent second. Too defensive in the first half. I thought the three center backs were outstanding especially Hector and Dawson was a little better even if he was still flapping a bit. Penney was lost in midfield but great on the left. Don’t move him again.  Joao was definitely Bambi Joao and then he goes and scores two crackers. Think we just have to accept this with him.

Though Jos got the starting line up wrong but he will argue we kept it tight before bringing on Nando and going for it. Onwards and hopefully upwards!

15 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Dawson 6

Palmer 6

Lees 7

Hector 8 MOM

Pudil 8

Thorniley 6

Bannan 6

Onomah 7

Penney 6  (5 for his midfield performance)

Reach 6

Fletcher 5

Joao 7

Forestieri 6

Pelupessy 7 ( short but important contribution)

Awful first half, excellent second. Too defensive in the first half. I thought the three center backs were outstanding especially Hector and Dawson was a little better even if he was still flapping a bit. Penney was lost in midfield but great on the left. Don’t move him again.  Joao was definitely Bambi Joao and then he goes and scores two crackers. Think we just have to accept this with him.

Though Jos got the starting line up wrong but he will argue we kept it tight before bringing on Nando and going for it. Onwards and hopefully upwards!

not sure he would argue that we kept it tight ..his post match comments he certainly wernt happy with the 1st half performance .

My opinion is that Jos went with a game plan to win this one, and it didn't work. Yet he adapted, made changes and won as this game. Big well done to manager reading situation, and recognizing need to adapt, and team enbracing the change. Really good win, everything considered.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
1 hour ago, torryowl said:

not sure he would argue that we kept it tight ..his post match comments he certainly wernt happy with the 1st half performance .

True. Posted this before his press conference.

11 hours ago, frastheowl said:

Fletcher - N/A -

Good review but unessesarily harsh on Palmer. 

As I've said before on here, I think you will find mistakes in any player if you look for them. 

And it seems Palmer is subjected to a higher level of scrutiny to the rest. 

He does alot of good and is pretty consistent in my opinion. 

• Thanks 1