Sorry but Jos cost us points

Guest everydays_wednesday

Jos should have tackled Barnes in the middle of the park and then the 4 defenders around him were Jos's fault and Dawson getting beaten on a tight angle at the near post....shocking manager !!!!

Agree with OP - v angry, should be nestled nicely in top 6 with a tough away game to come, 18 points, 4 off top.  Game completely and I mean completely under control.  Nuhiu bullying their CH, ball sticking, Onomah physical presence in midfield.  At least bring on Fletcher who has nous to hold ball, win headers and link play - instead goes with Joao who rate but he's not a target man who loses every 50/50.  Then brings on Kirby when what we need is presence and aggression.

Don't think I've been as angry as this in a long time.

(and I knew FF missing that sitter at start of 2nd half would cost us)

Edited by DuttyTeabags
sitter

Poor game management and naivety cost us plain and simple. At two nil up we don’t need to have our defenders bombing on and if they have, they certainly don’t need to be cutting back the ball into spaces with no attackers in. Take the ball to corner and earn a free kick, throw or corner. 

And if you have just lost it with the other team breaking take the foul and get back in shape, you see hagazi not letting Jaoa clean through, perfect example and no foul given. 

We’ll learn hopefully from that. 

Rubbish...

nowt to do with Jos

it was poor choices by our players - Barnes collected the ball in THEIR HALF, ran up to our penalty box, our defenders back-pedalling furiously and he booted it in with our lot sat on their arses. 

Once Joey was caught out of position and Barnes got to the danger area, Lees should have committed.

8 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Strange Onomah was getting pelters after his debut , now we miss him . 

BTW he had a great game 

Probably because his perfornances were in complete contrast to each other.

Just like Nuihu. Completely different performance.

Joao looked a lazy sod when he came on. Strolling around whilst Fessi is still able to run past him to get near his men.

I'm not sure he got it right either.

Onomah was doing fine

Nuhiu was knackered but Joao completely stopped running too.

Our defenders made that goal look almost world class - but it was awful defending.

And we missed a big chance to make it 3

I've never felt as oddly comfy during a Wednesday game until 85 mins... it was bloody inevitable...but that all said, maybe we're best just giving credit to West Brom, realise we played incredibly well for the majority of the game with some outstanding performances... and push on to the weekend.

Let's face it - we've had worse evenings!

Edited by davey_wells