Sorry but Jos cost us points

1 hour ago, StudentOwl said:

Can't mitigate against what we just saw

For their first, the back line was all over the shop... you had two players pushed forwards and two back, then they swapped, then it shifted again and it left Palmer two on one at the back stick with only Joey P even remotely tracking back. 

Their second one, how none of Pudil, Joey and Lees take command of that situation is appalling. 

Jos can't take the blame. Kirby was a passenger, but at two up you can only see it as a good opportunity to bring him in... and he's definitely not at fault for the abysmal defending from the back line and holding midfielder. 

you think 2 -0 up against the deadliest goal scoring side in the championship with 20 left to play is a ideal time to bring off a strong experienced CM for a youth player that hasn't a clue what he's supposed to be doing

They bring on barry and we pick a kid from the crowd. 

Shambolic decision from jos 

Flip side 11 games in and zero clean sheets, awful tactical substitutions, one of best keepers in league not getting a game, no leadership whatsoever.

Bristol city will beat us easily Sunday, and by end October will be nearer relegation fight that top 6.

I guarantee Steve Bruce will get a side promoted out of this league before we will be.  Villa have made a horrendous decision today

• Haha 3

32 minutes ago, Bluestripe said:

We’ve lost enough games late on for our defenders to know YOU HAVE TO stop/take out strikers at such key moments.

Barnes picked the ball up in his own half...we had enough players to stop him.
Tactically, Lees had PLENTY of time to see the danger unfolding...coming at him.

Exactly and what's frustrating is that this has happened with him before and we have conceded. He has a tendency to back off but he does it to such an extent that the opposition player is in our box meaning his shots are more dangerous .. You have to intercept and remove the danger earlier, heck if he put him off it allows other players to cover!!

Great performance on the whole from the team but very disappointing decisions made tonight. 2 nil up 15 mins to go and he takes a forward off and replace with another forward, Sunday league teams wouldn't do this. 

And I'm sorry no disrespect but Kirby had ZERO impact. 

Really pissed off at 2 point dropped.

10 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

Just  when you think Jos is getting to grips with this league he shows absolute naivety like tonight and you just realise he doesn’t really get it.

This is the really frustrating thing!

You can’t take your foot off the pedal in the championship! He should have worked this out by now 

8 minutes ago, Steve Down South said:

Please God no! Not sure whether to laugh or cry at this - 10 minutes away from a very good result and team playing with loads of commitment, but some people want Steve Bruce?!

Agreed I'd sack jos now and bring Bruce in.

Bruce record speaks for itself

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Kenners3896 said:

Agreed I'd sack jos now and bring Bruce in.

Bruce record speaks for itself

Hers just gone 9 games without a win with Tammy Abraham and £15m Kodija up front, with the likes of millions behind them .. absolutely millions and he's got them nowhere yet you want him over a man that's spent 500k on 1 player whos doing a bloody good job here.  You and fans like you must all be smoking the herb!!!

(Unless you are joking of course)...

3 minutes ago, Hack-Abusi said:

Hers just gone 9 games without a win with Tammy Abraham and £15m Kodija up front, with the likes of millions behind them .. absolutely millions and he's got them nowhere yet you want him over a man that's spent 500k on 1 player whos doing a bloody good job here.  You and fans like you must all be smoking the herb!!!

(Unless you are joking of course)...

And were still only 2 points off top 6?  Wait until mid November when we are 5th from bottom and see if Jos is still better option then.  

Jos should be apologising to every player tonight he undid all their hard work with two rediculous substitutions that destroyed spine of team and they walked through us for 2 goals

2 hours ago, roundhayowl said:

100% agree. Terrible substitutions taking off two players who were performing very well on the night.

They were bothfucked pal, they were blowing out of their arses.

Darren moore put three fresh faces on because he knew we would tire towards the end and we did .

Yes i also think Harvey Barnes could have been chopped down but its that old chestnut ...mr hindsight.

Stoke WBA and Leeds will be up there come May.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Flip side 11 games in and zero clean sheets, awful tactical substitutions, one of best keepers in league not getting a game, no leadership whatsoever.

Bristol city will beat us easily Sunday, and by end October will be nearer relegation fight that top 6.

I guarantee Steve Bruce will get a side promoted out of this league before we will be.  Villa have made a horrendous decision today

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Hello Steve Bruce's mum.

6 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

Darren moore put three fresh faces on because he knew we would tire towards the end and we did .

Yes i also think Harvey Barnes could have been chopped down but its that old chestnut ...mr hindsight.

This i agree with, but it irks that tactically we didn't have the nous to see the latter 2 games out from such glorious positions. Leeds had a lot of players out too, they were there for the taking Friday night and tonight was just really poor game management. 

There are many positives to take from the games against such opposition, but the real acid test is seeing how we address the negatives. 

1 hour ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Jos is I'm sorry to say worst manager we have had for years... If he honestly is keeping Westwood out because he thinks he is 3rd best then he shouldn't be anywhere near the club..

If club had any sense whatsoever they would snap up Steve Bruce and get rid of Jos

and contender for biggest bell of the year goes to your sir

1 hour ago, sage owl said:

Hello Steve Bruce's mum.

Well, I think Bristol will hammer us.

They usually do down there.

Brucie is a good manager, but sorting Villa out was always going to be a big ask.

Would I prefer Brucie to Jos?

Yes, but it's not going to happen so there's no point debating it.

However, if Villa are looking for a new manager, then there's one nearby I would thoroughly recommend them. lol

6 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

Basically Jos gambled on us Catching them on the counter attack hence the Joao sub. The Kirby sub follows the same counter attacking plan. He is normally very neat and tidy on the ball. Probably thought he would have been good to play a killer pass through.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. But maybe he should have went Fletcher for Nuhiu and Thorniley for Onomah then put Hector in midfield and completely shut up shop and closed down all space.

but having no clean sheet probably didn't want to invite constant pressure for 20 mins with us not having pace or creativity on the counter. which they were definitely vulnerable to.

Mistake. Obviously now as we conceded two goals.

But had Kirby played Joao through one on one to score. We would have all been saying what a masterstroke it was by Jos to play on the counter and bringing on the perfect subs to do it.

More unlucky then an appalling error in my view and as soon as one went in players heads just scrambled and they knew another was coming. Probably would have happened what ever he had done.

Mentality of the players in defensive situations is the main issue.

Problem is people aren’t talking with hindsight

A lot of us watched going...

wtf...

WTF

Well, THATS a massive surprise.

Ah well, 1 point gained

5 hours ago, Lambretta said:

Great performance on the whole from the team but very disappointing decisions made tonight. 2 nil up 15 mins to go and he takes a forward off and replace with another forward, Sunday league teams wouldn't do this. 

And I'm sorry no disrespect but Kirby had ZERO impact. 

Really pissed off at 2 point dropped.

Effective use of subs is a bit of a development area for Jos. Often too late, sometimes too few and occasionally decent

7 hours ago, Plonk said:

Could it be Dave was knackered and onohu was injured. May not have had much choice

That was the case exactly.

Im more concerned AGAIN by our poor attempts at rolling the ball out and our defence being immediately under pressure and giving away possession. Not as bad as the L##ds debacle but when will Jos learn??? It wasn't until Reach scored another wonder goal that we relaxed but you can't hope that we are going to score one of those every week? Lets be honest we looked sloppy until that first goal with Dawson, Lees and Hector looking particularly poor in possession, i fear the worst if we continue with this kamikaze style, particularly against the pigs.

6 hours ago, TaxiMark said:

It wasn't with hindsight, me and my mate were screaming for JP to make a challenge and take a yellow for the team, you could see what was going to happen.

Fletcher should have come on for Nuhui, Thornily for Onomah. Pushing Hector into midfield. 

Jos doesn’t appear to like making substitutions. And the power of the parachute payments was illustrated when they brought on Barry, Hoolahan and Robson Kanu.