Injuries - so it wasn’t Carlos

19 minutes ago, Ibbo48 said:

It’s been folklore going back to when I started going that the ground was cursed.

Sounds ridiculous but with some of the stuff that’s happened over the years you have to wonder :ph34r:

Funny how it's only cursed when we're not doing well. Don't remember talk of it being cursed when we were winning most games during the promotion seasons and playoff campaigns!

Also, Hooper sustained his injury at Forest, Winnall at Derby and Hutchinson at almost every ground he's ever played at so not sure how we blame Hillsborough for that one...

• Haha 1

Well one way to look at it could be Carlos got a perfectly competent and loyal set of medical staff fired as they were questioning rushing back of players against their medical judgement.

We then had little choice but to rush in a set of replacements who then had to contend with an insane injury list which may have stemmed from lack of physical fitness but also the management team obstinance when it came to heeding reactive and no doubt preventative long term injury prevention. 

Funny how Roeder also went just before we stopped getting under the radar bargains and started spending mega bucks on sheeeeeeit.

Carlos has been testes or bust all his career, how DC could put long term squad planning and injury prevention firmly in the hands of a man with an average tenure under a year is beyond me....

So I do believe his short termism has cost us....

Edited by DuttyTeabags
Heeding

9 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Funny how it's only cursed when we're not doing well. Don't remember talk of it being cursed when we were winning most games during the promotion seasons and playoff campaigns!

Also, Hooper sustained his injury at Forest, Winnall at Derby and Hutchinson at almost every ground he's ever played at so not sure how we blame Hillsborough for that one...

Hey mate, I was only responding to the post about the Monks and Shamen. I was just playing devils advocate cos I was interested to know who else had heard it. It’s just something that’s been said over the years and , you’re right, it’s probably when we’re not doing well though that’s not really relevant at the moment cos we’re doing ok. Aren’t we ??

Guest addedtime
1 hour ago, oi_you_owl said:

Who was it that placed the curse on SWFC?

The Thai Monks haven't lifted it so who do we think could? Does anyone know any Shaman...

We need to move. Start a fresh, and leave these cursed waters behind.

We could take over our ancestral home in S2. Turf out the current squatters.

1 hour ago, oi_you_owl said:

Who was it that placed the curse on SWFC?

The Thai Monks haven't lifted it so who do we think could? Does anyone know any Shaman...

We need to move. Start a fresh, and leave these cursed waters behind.

I recall a gypsy woman, blackcurrant spangles in her hair or summat.

1 hour ago, Sonny said:

Half of those are still injured from when Carlos was here. You don’t just get a clean slate when the manager changes.

Pudil broke his nose ffs

I blame Carlos for Puds nose break....he’s history so let’s pin it on him. :carlosswfc:

Seriously though half them players are crocks and unfortunately we will do well to get much game time if any from some of them this season...the quicker they are off the wage bill the better.

Need a clearout for younger fitter players!

1 hour ago, paulrs said:

I’ll be honest I’ve laid into Carlos plenty on here about many things, including rushin players back too soon... but with Carlos long gone the injuries just keep coming. The new season is only 10 games in and by my reckoning we’ve already seen new injuries and/or setbacks for 

Matias

Hutchinson

Thorniley

Pudil

Lee

Joao

Van Aken

Fox

Winnall

Hooper

Sure I’ve also heard some of the younger lads like Nielsen and Preston have also had injuries too. Meanwhile several others are nowhere to be seen - Abdi, Westwood, Jones & Boyd. injured too or just out of favour?

Its frankly ridiculous that we only seem to have a handful of players who are capable of staying fit for 6 months in a row! I said last season when the injury crisis was at its peak that I wanted the club to come out publicly and say a thorough investigation would take place into all aspects of players fitness and rehabilitation to prevent such a crisis ever happening again. They never did, so I’ve no idea if anything happened behind the scenes, but already this season we must have one of the longest injury lists of any championship side with at least 9 players missing for tomorrow and that’s before you factor in those who are out in the cold like Westwood.

Can’t be down to Carlos now... and surely it’s not just bad luck either?!

Some appear to be injury prone and some having setbacks while recovering from long term injuries (this often happens).

Out of the ones I've listed only 2, possibly 3 could be attributed to Carlos methods.

Matias - appears to be injury prone

Hutchinson - long term injury prone from before SWFC

Thorniley - calf injured from a bad tackle

Pudil - broken nose, can hardly blame any manager

Lee - recovering from long term injury

Winnall - recovering from injury at Derby

Hooper - recovering from long term injury

1 hour ago, Sultan_Pepper said:

My last doctor smashed my leg into 15 pieces with a massive hammer. It still hurts now so it must by my new doctor's fault

Not quite that simple is it. Plenty of these players have come back from injury and been fit to play under the new manager - who has clearly been taking a more cautious approach - yet a fair few are breaking down again. 

1 hour ago, alanharper said:

i enjoyed that 

Said in the other thread, things really haven’t improved. By my reckoning, including the youngsters, we’ve had 21 players injured this season, with at one point, 14 unavailable. I’ve always thought it was out of order to lay the blame entirely at Carlos’s doorstep, so I won’t blame Jos now. There’s been a lot of guff spoken about the role of the Portuguese in this, but it has to be something deeper, or maybe it’s just plain bad luck. 

I do think a lot of players who were signed, were carrying injuries before they arrived. Whether they were hiding these injuries, or they weren’t picked up by the medical staff. It’s not necessarily our medical staff, as most signings will have their medical at a hospital. However, that doesn’t explain the volume of injuries picked up by the younger players.

11 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

This season is not that bad for injuries, we have ageing players who have been on long term injury list for at 6 months not surprising when they break down. Problem was buying older players with existing injury record.

Well it certainly didn’t help

1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Not quite that simple is it. Plenty of these players have come back from injury and been fit to play under the new manager - who has clearly been taking a more cautious approach - yet a fair few are breaking down again. 

Trying to think of the plenty who have come back and broken down again...

26 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Trying to think of the plenty who have come back and broken down again...

Hutchinson, Lee, & Hooper got as far as full training and academy matches, Winnall suffered a setback last month and Matias has picked up something else following his record number of appearances of late. 

There may come a time in the future when Carlos won't be blamed for everything that is still going wrong but I won't hold my breath!

3 hours ago, paulrs said:

I’ll be honest I’ve laid into Carlos plenty on here about many things, including rushin players back too soon... but with Carlos long gone the injuries just keep coming. The new season is only 10 games in and by my reckoning we’ve already seen new injuries and/or setbacks for 

Matias

Hutchinson

Thorniley

Pudil

Lee

Joao

Van Aken

Fox

Winnall

Hooper

Sure I’ve also heard some of the younger lads like Nielsen and Preston have also had injuries too. Meanwhile several others are nowhere to be seen - Abdi, Westwood, Jones & Boyd. injured too or just out of favour?

Its frankly ridiculous that we only seem to have a handful of players who are capable of staying fit for 6 months in a row! I said last season when the injury crisis was at its peak that I wanted the club to come out publicly and say a thorough investigation would take place into all aspects of players fitness and rehabilitation to prevent such a crisis ever happening again. They never did, so I’ve no idea if anything happened behind the scenes, but already this season we must have one of the longest injury lists of any championship side with at least 9 players missing for tomorrow and that’s before you factor in those who are out in the cold like Westwood.

Can’t be down to Carlos now... and surely it’s not just bad luck either?!

Yes

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Hutchinson, Lee, & Hooper got as far as full training and academy matches, Winnall suffered a setback last month and Matias has picked up something else following his record number of appearances of late. 

There may come a time in the future when Carlos won't be blamed for everything that is still going wrong but I won't hold my breath!

Hutchinson been injured off and on for years.

Players coming back from long term injuries often suffer setbacks in different areas whilst trying to achieve full fitness.

Still not mentioned any of these plenty of players who have come back from injury and been fit to play for the new manager.

• Like 1