Injuries - so it wasn’t Carlos

1 minute ago, TINKERBELL said:

So why do opposition managers go watch the opposition 

Coco the clown fitted Carlos very much 

How often does that happen though? Remember football managers are usually busy on Saturdays, especially in our league. Easier in the prem.

Scouts watch the games not the managers.

9 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

How often does that happen though? Remember football managers are usually busy on Saturdays, especially in our league. Easier in the prem.

I know Iplayer is crap but there is no reason why a manager is unable to watch another team, no matter what day they play on.

43 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

I'll never forgive coco the clown saying it wasn't his job to watch the utd players before the 2.4 defeat, he said it was his players job to do that and nullifie them

#fuckingidiot

best description of the imposter and clown

Edited by steveger

2 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Hooper a long term crock, made worse by Carlos who rushed him back for 16/17 playoffs. Played twice and didn't even play in them in the end. Injury last reason recurring issue from said crocking.

Lee another one rushed back by Carlos, again for the 16/17 playoffs after a long term hip injury (which can't be determined as a Carlos caused injury). Another operation since due to not being rested enough, and he is now feeling the effects of that and likely will hang up his boots this summer. Not sure how anyone but Carlos is to blame for Lee's sad plight.

Fletcher - knee injury in Huddersfield game, played when he shouldn't have by Carlos and missed majority of 17/18. Jos has been managing him and so far he has yet to break down (touch wood!)

Forestieri - another rushed back after suffering a serious knee injury towards end of 16/17 season. The Fitness Guru decided a clearly unfit FF was the best option to play in both Huddersfield games. Caught up with him end of August and he finally had the operation and break he needed last season. No signs of breaking down yet! Touch wood again but of course he's only played 3 times this season due to circumstances.

This is also not forgetting the others who played under Carlos with injuries and broke down last year - Bannan, van Aken, Westwood, Lees, Wallace etc etc. 

Only thing I can think is that Carlos just didn't care about fitness. Which can be seen in the constant sluggish starts under him in every game he managed us in.

Jos is the complete opposite to Carlos. Instead of playing players when there not fully fit, he waits until they are exactly 100%. That's why certain players have missed games recently, nothing to do with the fact their crocked again. O personally prefer this method as missing 1 or 2 now is much better than missing 10 further down the line.

I 100% understand why Carlos rushed them back, with them playing we had better chance of promotion. End of day it could have cost his job. But it didn't half screw us over for last season. 

PS: Matias wasn't injured for majority of Carlos reign he just didn't pick him.

Fair points, I agree with most but the fact is now that we can't keep blaming Carlos for our ongoing injury problems, other than perhaps Hooper and Lee, though Hooper has hardly had a great injury record overall anyway.

The bit about Matias is wrong though, Carlos probably wouldn't have picked him had he been fit but the player himself said he has been injured for most of the past two years in an interview last week, 

1 hour ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Most teams have team meetings about watching the opposition in the build up for the game, yes individual players focus on players likely to be their direct opponents but in terms of team shape and a plan, many managers watch hours of footage of the opposition and this is supported by scouting reports.

27 minutes ago, Rogers said:

Have the injuries increased since we changed to the Desso pitch and upgraded the training facilities? 

Not really, we have always had more than our fair share of crocks sadly. Prior to the upgrade is was discussed that the training facilities might be part of the problem and it was hoped the upgrade would go some way to solving our issues.......

4 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Hutchinson, Lee, & Hooper got as far as full training and academy matches, Winnall suffered a setback last month and Matias has picked up something else following his record number of appearances of late. 

There may come a time in the future when Carlos won't be blamed for everything that is still going wrong but I won't hold my breath!

Hutch is perm crocked regardless. Lee and Hooper have long term injuries frlm under CC. Winnall got injured at Derby, only thing CC did with him was not play him. Matias has taken a knock and wont be out long term. That happens. Definitely recommend not holding your breath.

2 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Hooper a long term crock, made worse by Carlos who rushed him back for 16/17 playoffs. Played twice and didn't even play in them in the end. Injury last reason recurring issue from said crocking.

Lee another one rushed back by Carlos, again for the 16/17 playoffs after a long term hip injury (which can't be determined as a Carlos caused injury). Another operation since due to not being rested enough, and he is now feeling the effects of that and likely will hang up his boots this summer. Not sure how anyone but Carlos is to blame for Lee's sad plight.

Fletcher - knee injury in Huddersfield game, played when he shouldn't have by Carlos and missed majority of 17/18. Jos has been managing him and so far he has yet to break down (touch wood!)

Forestieri - another rushed back after suffering a serious knee injury towards end of 16/17 season. The Fitness Guru decided a clearly unfit FF was the best option to play in both Huddersfield games. Caught up with him end of August and he finally had the operation and break he needed last season. No signs of breaking down yet! Touch wood again but of course he's only played 3 times this season due to circumstances.

This is also not forgetting the others who played under Carlos with injuries and broke down last year - Bannan, van Aken, Westwood, Lees, Wallace etc etc. 

Only thing I can think is that Carlos just didn't care about fitness. Which can be seen in the constant sluggish starts under him in every game he managed us in.

Jos is the complete opposite to Carlos. Instead of playing players when there not fully fit, he waits until they are exactly 100%. That's why certain players have missed games recently, nothing to do with the fact their crocked again. O personally prefer this method as missing 1 or 2 now is much better than missing 10 further down the line.

I 100% understand why Carlos rushed them back, with them playing we had better chance of promotion. End of day it could have cost his job. But it didn't half screw us over for last season. 

PS: Matias wasn't injured for majority of Carlos reign he just didn't pick him.

This is ridiculous and all speculation.

You actually have no idea if Carlos rushed them back. As I have said on many occasions fitness decisions are made by the medical team for many reasons.

The only facts here are that we had lots of injuries during CCs reign and we have lots of injuries now - even though many claimed the situation would go away.

Edited by Wakefield owl

Just now, Wakefield owl said:

This is ridiculous and all speculation.

You actually have no idea is Carlos rushed them back. As I have said on many occasions fitness decisions are made by the medical team for many reasons.

The only facts here are that we had lots of injuries during CCs reign and we have lots of injuries now - even though many claimed the situation would go away.

Sorry. Totally disagree

I like everyone else havnt got a clue why we have so many injuries so i'm going to have stab at with carlos evidently being a yes man to chansiri he was told by the man that he wasn't paying top wages to have players slouching about on the physio's table so they had to be played …..probably crap but then so are most theories put forward in this thread . 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Don't think anyone is arguing against that. The thread is about the fact that we are continuing to have plenty of players out injured from 1 game to the next and Carlos not being to blame, which was the view of many on here.

Most being injured (for the long term) under CC