Injuries - so it wasn’t Carlos

1 minute ago, Hookowl said:

Hutchinson been injured off and on for years.

Players coming back from long term injuries often suffer setbacks in different areas whilst trying to achieve full fitness.

Still not mentioned any of these plenty of players who have come back from injury and been fit to play for the new manager.

Not sure what you are trying to say. 

Many put our injury issues solely on Carlos. 10 months after he has gone different players are getting injured, players who were injured have returned to fitness and have picked up further injuries and we continue to be regularly without a host of players week in week out. 

While 1 or 2 injuries may have been down to Carlos' approach - Forestieri not getting properly sorted sooner and Lee coming back too quickly, much of what happened and continues to happen surely has other factors.

2 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Love all the physio's on here who think you can come back from injuries like an ACL tear in a few weeks lol 

Don't think anyone has said anything of the sort.

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Not sure what you are trying to say. 

Many put our injury issues solely on Carlos. 10 months after he has gone different players are getting injured, players who were injured have returned to fitness and have picked up further injuries and we continue to be regularly without a host of players week in week out. 

While 1 or 2 injuries may have been down to Carlos' approach - Forestieri not getting properly sorted sooner and Lee coming back too quickly, much of what happened and continues to happen surely has other factors.

I'm not putting our injury issues solely on Carlos but I don't agree that we have had players returning to full fitness and picked up further injuries. 

What I'm saying is when players are returning to fitness from long term injuries they are prone to having setbacks through different minor injuries.

This is not a fault of medical or coaching staff, it is because their bodies are trying to achieve fitness levels that have been absent for a long time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hookowl said:

I'm not putting our injury issues solely on Carlos but I don't agree that we have had players returning to full fitness and picked up further injuries. 

What I'm saying is when players are returning to fitness from long term injuries they are prone to having setbacks through different minor injuries.

This is not a fault of medical or coaching staff, it is because their bodies are trying to achieve fitness levels that have been absent for a long time.

Don't think anyone is arguing against that. The thread is about the fact that we are continuing to have plenty of players out injured from 1 game to the next and Carlos not being to blame, which was the view of many on here.

Haven't we had this "Curse" thingy before...Didn't a Gypsy pee on each corner flag....pre match..Well not obviously as pre match entertainment, but in the early hours pre match?..The err. wee small  hours? .....To lift the curse

Or..Did a gypsy lay the curse..cos Dooley wouldn't buy pegs?...I honestly can't remember..but theres been some reight "Cursey" stuff.

Why haven't the Golden Elephants on the South worked?..are they out for two weeks....

On a personal note, ive not put a foot wrong...I miss cracks on the pavement walkin' down the Lepp...(Which is no mean feat)....I say Good morning to magpies every Saturday....

Some f.ookers aren't pullin' their weight here...

Edited by asteener1867
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Haven't we had this "Curse" thingy before...Didn't a Gypsy pee on each corner flag....pre match..Well not obviously as pre match entertainment, but in the early hours pre match?..The err..ll wee small  hours? .....To lift the curse

Or..Did a gypsy lay the curse..cos Dooley wouldn't buy pegs?...I honestly can't remember..but theres been some reight "Cursey" stuff.

Why haven't the Golden Elephants on the South worked?..are they out for two weeks....

On a personal note, ive not put a foot wrong...I miss cracks on the pavement walkin' down the Lepp...(Which is no mean feat)....I say Good morning to magpies every Saturday....

Some f.ookers aren't pullin' their weight here...

giphy_(2).gif

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

We ought to have a "Superticious Saturday"..Everyone do the pavement thing, chat to magpies, walk into the ground "Widdershins.....(No..me neither)

Shake hands wiv chimney sweeps....(Note to self...find chimney sweep)..It might work.

giphy (3).gif

• Haha 2

there are a number of reasons why the injury situation is so bad , the main reason was very poor recruitment and signing ageing players ,I quoted in the summer and the summer before that there would be at least 6-8 players out by oct 1st and I names the players ,guess what there all injured and always will be , chansiri needs to learn and never make these mistakes again. I don't want any more david jones type signings ,ageing has beens on there way down,getting there last big contract with no motivation to get another as we are there last club. 

10 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

there are a number of reasons why the injury situation is so bad , the main reason was very poor recruitment and signing ageing players ,I quoted in the summer and the summer before that there would be at least 6-8 players out by oct 1st and I names the players ,guess what there all injured and always will be , chansiri needs to learn and never make these mistakes again. I don't want any more david jones type signings ,ageing has beens on there way down,getting there last big contract with no motivation to get another as we are there last club. 

So are we cursed handsworth..or aren't we?