Leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeds

6 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

It wasn't "stupid", it was just mistimed. He tried to nod it towards the right touch line but he nodded too soon and it hit the wrong part of his head and it went up and back across the goal.

Stupid would have been trying to head it to Pudil.

Agree.

The stupid header was from Pudil, it should be out to the flanks.

Looking back at the highlights, and other games, we tend to head out to the central area far too much. Something I'm sure Jos will work on.

48 minutes ago, Ian_D said:

The header didn't cause the goal. It was headed out of danger just afterwards. Great goal that Dawson almost got to. 

It was McGinns foot that caused the goal. Both the headers were just incidentals.:stuwinky:

5 minutes ago, East Yorks Owl said:

If Baker gets dropped it won’t be for one wonky header. It’s a massive high pressure game against Leeds, so if Jos thinks he needs taking out of the firing line he’ll be doing it to protect the team and the lads confidence rather than to destroy it.

And that I would agree with, my response was to the OP comment of "tho i think he will swap out Baker following that car crash of a header". That would be very harsh.

1 minute ago, CF_Owl said:

And that I would agree with, my response was to the OP comment of "tho i think he will swap out Baker following that car crash of a header". That would be very harsh.

Fair enough I agree with you.  Jos might not be the most dynamic of characters, but personally I quite like the fact he is very measured. I don’t see him punishing players for isolated mistakes. 

1 hour ago, Daizan10 said:

It wasnt the last touch before the goal, but it was a stupid header and without it the goal wouldn't have happened. The clearance from Pudil (I think, was it Pudil?) was pretty much what needed to be done. 9/10 the worst that happens because of it is we need ot defend another phase of attacking. 

To be fair there isnt a goal that exists that couldnt have been avoided.

It could be the same team but the manager does not like to be predictable so could revert to back 4.

I think if we do go with 3-5-2 the possible change is Thorniley for Pudil. Pudil always plays well after an absence but deteriorates with games. Thorniley has been our best centre half when he has played so I would make this change. 

1 hour ago, outlaw pete said:

I guess you were not at the match at Villa Park, Barker played well good tackling and excellent passing.. One header does not make him a bad player...

these young lads need support not ridicule,,,

No, no, no. I'm not saying he played badly... I didn't even say I would drop him. I just think Jos will. Hes played the last three and Penney was dropped after one mistake and replaced with an absolute clown.. Palmer is a much more solid player than Fox and I think Jos takes any excuse to rotate... We shall see. 

Edited by Daizan10
gloop

1 hour ago, Daizan10 said:

It wasnt the last touch before the goal, but it was a stupid header and without it the goal wouldn't have happened. The clearance from Pudil (I think, was it Pudil?) was pretty much what needed to be done. 9/10 the worst that happens because of it is we need ot defend another phase of attacking. 

Exactly nothing wrong with Pudil's header. got like 10-15 yards on it and Baker was just unlucky he got underneath his.

55 minutes ago, Mardy Bum said:

I’d be half tempted to play Matias and ff either side of fletcher 

Would you drop Reach to accommodate that?

He was our most dangerous player Saturday. 

Keep it the same, only change a winning team in you have too.

2 hours ago, Daizan10 said:

3-5-2

1. Dawson GK

2. Palmer RWB
3. Penney LWB
4. Lees DC
5. Hector DC
6. Pudil DC
7. Pelupessey DMC
8. Bannan MC
9. Fletcher TM
10. Matias DLF
11. Reach MC

Id keep it mostly the same for Leeds, tho i think he will swap out Baker following that car crash of a header in the build up to the Villa goal. Fessi would be making an appearance second half. But whatever Jos does I have faith. 

DLF hahaha