Leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeds

On 24/09/2018 at 13:29, outlaw pete said:

I guess you were not at the match at Villa Park, Barker played well good tackling and excellent passing.. One header does not make him a bad player...

these young lads need support not ridicule,,,

Played a couple of cracking balls down the line and was pretty solid overall. If you can call the header a mistake, then hopefully it's part of the learning curve and next time he'll deal with a similar situation differently.

On 24/09/2018 at 15:58, dewsburyowl58 said:

So we didn’t play brilliant football under Carlos that first season then is that what you are saying ? 

If we stop looking through blue tinted specs, that first season of Carlos was part down to how fit and organised S. G had made the side, how many times did we not play well but have the juice in the tank to scrape a list minutes winner or equaliser... It was telling as the seasons progressed this happened less and less in a games... We were still crap against the likes of qpr, Bolton, Burton, Barnsley and Rotherham in that first season,we just got away with it more often. 

45 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

If we stop looking through blue tinted specs, that first season of Carlos was part down to how fit and organised S. G had made the side, how many times did we not play well but have the juice in the tank to scrape a list minutes winner or equaliser... It was telling as the seasons progressed this happened less and less in a games... We were still crap against the likes of qpr, Bolton, Burton, Barnsley and Rotherham in that first season,we just got away with it more often. 

Don’t agree , Carlos turned us into a force as our league standings showed , can’t recall us getting many plaudits for the way we played previously. Not since our heydays .

18 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Don’t agree , Carlos turned us into a force as our league standings showed , can’t recall us getting many plaudits for the way we played previously. Not since our heydays .

I'm not saying the football under gray was brilliant,, I'm saying he had us fit, playing as a team and organised. He built the clean sheet foundation Carlos inherited and built upon,by being allowed to add a bit of quality and some good strikers, something stu was never given. Reach, abdi, matias, joao and of course Rhodes all singularly cost probably more than the side S. G built, so there's a big gulf, you can't play like Barcelona in their pomp with div 2/3 bargain basements and free transfers, otherwise everyone would be doing it. He just got the best out of what was available to him, then Carlos came in and added the firepower to what was already there. Would Sg have done better with the money Carlos had to spend???, who knows, would he have gained promotion, as above we don't know and can't tell as he didn't have that luxury. 

8 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

I'm not saying the football under gray was brilliant,, I'm saying he had us fit, playing as a team and organised. He built the clean sheet foundation Carlos inherited and built upon,by being allowed to add a bit of quality and some good strikers, something stu was never given. Reach, abdi, matias, joao and of course Rhodes all singularly cost probably more than the side S. G built, so there's a big gulf, you can't play like Barcelona in their pomp with div 2/3 bargain basements and free transfers, otherwise everyone would be doing it. He just got the best out of what was available to him, then Carlos came in and added the firepower to what was already there. Would Sg have done better with the money Carlos had to spend???, who knows, would he have gained promotion, as above we don't know and can't tell as he didn't have that luxury. 

You won’t give Carlos any credit will you haha . 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, brando said:

so why do it

Players make mistakes...

Baker made an error on Saturday. Seemed to get under the ball and misjudge it. 

No need for people to crucify the kid. He didn't do it on purpose. 

1 hour ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

You won’t give Carlos any credit will you haha . 

I will say sometimes he got it right and we were brilliant to watch at times yes, but looking at what he did as a whole package, he inherited a very solid platform to build on, but his transfer dealings by large were poorly thought out and he way too often reverted back to caution over inspiration and couldn't get the best out of quite a few players, mainly HIS OWN signings and it has to be said he left a shambles behind and a team and club in a worse position than the one he inherited. Just my opinion that's all bud. 

9 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

I will say sometimes he got it right and we were brilliant to watch at times yes, but looking at what he did as a whole package, he inherited a very solid platform to build on, but his transfer dealings by large were poorly thought out and he way too often reverted back to caution over inspiration and couldn't get the best out of quite a few players, mainly HIS OWN signings and it has to be said he left a shambles behind and a team and club in a worse position than the one he inherited. Just my opinion that's all bud. 

The thing with foreign managers I don’t understand is how can they possibly know players in the English leagues without listening to the coaching staff so surely not all the blame is Carlos’s  . I think we went for broke in the hope we would reach the premier , now we are paying the price .I must say though some of the contracts dished out to players have been a tad misguided !! . 

8 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

The thing with foreign managers I don’t understand is how can they possibly know players in the English leagues without listening to the coaching staff so surely not all the blame is Carlos’s  . I think we went for broke in the hope we would reach the premier , now we are paying the price .I must say though some of the contracts dished out to players have been a tad misguided !! . 

Remember the Quote Carlos made about being after bannan whilst he was at two of his previous clubs, oh and his love of all things Swansea for years, so he must have seen plenty of English football, including the old crocks abdi, Jones and Boyd when they were in the Premier league and don't get me started at what he managed to or should I say mismanaged joao & matias his  2 signings from his own country. Lol