Hector report

4 hours ago, McRightSide said:

I thought he was impressive. Confident in possession and commanding, like the look of him playing as a Libero.

A couple of marks on his report card would be diving in again in a dangerous area & his first touch was a bit ragged all game

Everyone has an Achilles heel. Let's hope it isn't the death of him.

I know, I know.

Edited by DobbinTheDonkey

7 minutes ago, onlyonedavidhirst said:

we might need to go back to a back 5 with him in the middle of it. 

Agree with this, if we play 3 at the back it means Lees gets more support, Hector can step into midfield during attacks, and  Thorniley (or Pudil) can get game time too

It also means that Penney can play left wing back where he seems best. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Owls-Fan said:

Agree with this, if we play 3 at the back it means Lees gets more support, Hector can step into midfield during attacks, and  Thorniley (or Pudil) can get game time too

It also means that Penney can play left wing back where he seems best. 

Horses for courses maybe? Rather than the players we have fit dictating the system we play, hopefully now the formation can be determined by the required tactics.

19 hours ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Added much needed height, did very well. His ability to step into the holding midfield role to support Pelupessy is going to be so important to us.

No suprise that Pessy had his best game for us when he no longer had to do 2 mens' work in midfield.  I think Hector's distribution could be better but in terms of helping break up opposition attacks at source - he's what we've been missing since Hutch could give us 20 games a season 

2 hours ago, Almat said:

Just what we needed, provides height, is commanding in the air, has an air of menace about him and can pick a pass. Van Aken, at the moment, has 2 of these 4 attributes....

Agreed but the so has Lees although better at them.

Thought we looked solid at the back I noticed him more when he went into midfield but what I did notice was a Tom Lees who not only looked solid but aided with confidence I swear Tom Lees opted for bring the ball out of defence and dribbled passed two players into their half before passing instead of just returning the ball back to where it came from or hoof it 

it was a magical moment 

3 hours ago, Almat said:

Just what we needed, provides height, is commanding in the air, has an air of menace about him and can pick a pass. Van Aken, at the moment, has 2 of these 4 attributes....

Van Aken has height. That’s it. He’s well down the pecking order for me

Lees

Pudil

Thorniley

Hector

Fox

van Aken

Not sure how many other loan options he had available, but he mentioned in the interview on YouTube that Jos was fundamental in him coming to our club. Said he’s played in Germany where Jos has a very good reputation for getting clubs into the top league and also building teams that stay in the top flight. All sounded very positive.

32 minutes ago, East Yorks Owl said:

Not sure how many other loan options he had available, but he mentioned in the interview on YouTube that Jos was fundamental in him coming to our club. Said he’s played in Germany where Jos has a very good reputation for getting clubs into the top league and also building teams that stay in the top flight. All sounded very positive.

He’s probably exhausted his other options already, it’s like his doing a loan version of the 92 grounds

On 22/09/2018 at 17:18, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

He reminded me of Anthony Gardner at times - he's similar in stature and has the same kind of rangy running style which makes him deceptively quick across the ground.

A very, very solid performance.

I like that comparison and said similar when first linked. Very calm. Although Loovens was also a calm centre half who lead well. We seem to have gone for similar traits since promotion back to this league. We haven’t had a big ugly brawler since Rob Jones.