One person to blame tonight.

The title of the thread gave away the calibre of it's content. Why do some people have this compulsion for a clearly defined (and often singular) scapegoat? The manager picked a similar side to the one that had been doing well lately. Don't see at all why this should justify such criticism.

The defensive approach is a slightly different matter, but it has been getting positive results. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

The title of the thread gave away the calibre of it's content. Why do some people have this compulsion for a clearly defined (and often singular) scapegoat? The manager picked a similar side to the one that had been doing well lately. Don't see at all why this should justify such criticism.

The defensive approach is a slightly different matter, but it has been getting positive results. 

The tactics, regardless of the selection (though that worries me) scares me if im being honest. I said after our first game and poor summer recruitment (for obvious reasons) that i fear we are relegation material, at best bottom eight under Jos.

That's not to say i blame everything on Jos, he's been dealt a poor hand but he's a poor card player and doesn't make the most of the cards he's dealt.

1 hour ago, full fathom five said:

The tactics, regardless of the selection (though that worries me) scares me if im being honest. I said after our first game and poor summer recruitment (for obvious reasons) that i fear we are relegation material, at best bottom eight under Jos.

That's not to say i blame everything on Jos, he's been dealt a poor hand but he's a poor card player and doesn't make the most of the cards he's dealt.

I'm truly lost for words, despite the loss we've picked up 10 points from last 5 games. He's got our promising youth involved and sorted the fitness issues out gradually and hasn't had a crack at the transfer window. 8 games in and 2 points off the play offs.

This is the kind of reaction I'd expect after a run of 8 games without a win, get a grip people!

3 hours ago, Mystic Neg said:

I'm truly lost for words, despite the loss we've picked up 10 points from last 5 games. He's got our promising youth involved and sorted the fitness issues out gradually and hasn't had a crack at the transfer window. 8 games in and 2 points off the play offs.

This is the kind of reaction I'd expect after a run of 8 games without a win, get a grip people!

For once I agree, the players need to stop going through the motions on a weekday, they clearly do not give a to55 sometimes.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mystic Neg said:

The majority of criticism that I've seen on here tonight has been constructive and fair.

We've played almost 20% of this season's league games and over half of those fixtures, we've failed to win.

I respect and understand that Luhukay has done a reasonable job so far in his tenure here.  But let's not try and pretend everything is hunky dory right now; the results have been underwhelming with the talent we have in this squad IMO.  And we're already falling behind the promotion-chasers.

1 hour ago, Geedee said:

Those criticising team selection should name the team they would have picked. 

What will that achieve when many fans, if given the choice, would be selecting Westwood to organise and lead our defence.  Yet, the club have put a stopper on the guy taking to the field.

Barring the inclusion of Onomah for Pelupessy the side (apart from Fox) was no different to most this season. Just too many had an off day personally. Only Bannan in midfield had any drive, Reach and Onomah gave the ball away too much and it didn't work playing Onomah in the holding role. Also only Joao made any impression up top as Nuhiu and Matias were non-existent. You can't expect to win with so many having an average day. Jos (or any backroom staff) only ventured into the technical area about 3 times all game, I'd like a bit more passion in that respect. 

1 hour ago, Junk Smuggler said:

Barring the inclusion of Onomah for Pelupessy the side (apart from Fox) was no different to most this season. Just too many had an off day personally. Only Bannan in midfield had any drive, Reach and Onomah gave the ball away too much and it didn't work playing Onomah in the holding role. Also only Joao made any impression up top as Nuhiu and Matias were non-existent. You can't expect to win with so many having an average day. Jos (or any backroom staff) only ventured into the technical area about 3 times all game, I'd like a bit more passion in that respect. 

and there it is....

Fox & Baker not up to it

Reach,Matias and joao for me are lost in this formation away from home. It looks like they don't know what to do and where to go. With Dave also up top it's like playing with 7 men, none of them invoved enough leaving Bannan and Onomah trying to do everything. It doesn't help when we keep giving ball away constantly.

Edited by Owlinator