Current Form

2 minutes ago, alanharper said:

So we'll be battling for promotion with Blackburn and Wigan then?

Taking "current form" back into last season has it's flaws...

It may be but it still puts a positive spin on things, which is much needed with some of our doom and gloom fan base.

Its made me smile anyways lol

We beat Stoke on Saturday and we could well be in the top 6 I will take that.

Where we are when we get to the next international break in 4 weeks will show where we could end up this season.

The positives for me are the two kids Thorniley and Penney they look the real deal and with the right experience around them could well develop in to great players for us over the next 18 months. Not to mention they could save us a few quid on players. Add to that the development of Dawson things are looking better at the back, if we could just find a few decent midfielders from the under 23's who could add us a goal threat we could have the makings of a good young squad.

Add to this offloading a few of the older ones in January or releasing them in the summer and we could have 4 or 5 players different to the first 11 that played under Carlos.

I think Winnall is going to be key to the FFP - Get him fit and scoring and he could be sold in January for a decent profit or the Rhodes deal made permanent at Norwich.

One think the club need to seriously think about now though is our most sale-able assets - Reach, Fessi and Bannan the first two have 18 months of their deals left. For me I would sign them both up to longer deals ala Bannan and Joao because if we need to sell next summer they should fetch £10M+ but with 1 year left on their contract this figure will be half that.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Where we are when we get to the next international break in 4 weeks will show where we could end up this season.

The positives for me are the two kids Thorniley and Penney they look the real deal and with the right experience around them could well develop in to great players for us over the next 18 months. Not to mention they could save us a few quid on players. Add to that the development of Dawson things are looking better at the back, if we could just find a few decent midfielders from the under 23's who could add us a goal threat we could have the makings of a good young squad.

Add to this offloading a few of the older ones in January or releasing them in the summer and we could have 4 or 5 players different to the first 11 that played under Carlos.

I think Winnall is going to be key to the FFP - Get him fit and scoring and he could be sold in January for a decent profit or the Rhodes deal made permanent at Norwich.

One think the club need to seriously think about now though is our most sale-able assets - Reach, Fessi and Bannan the first two have 18 months of their deals left. For me I would sign them both up to longer deals ala Bannan and Joao because if we need to sell next summer they should fetch £10M+ but with 1 year left on their contract this figure will be half that.

Sell a player who is scoring goals?  Seems a little counterproductive especially if we are around the play off places.

Edited by Watson

4 hours ago, room0035 said:

probably the most intelligent post of your OT career!