Forestieri off to Leeds

2 minutes ago, Lichfield alien said:

No mention of his offering at Brentford then..we can all pick and choose..if we don’t sell him now he will go for chicken feed next summer

No mention of Brentford because he didn’t do anything, but I would suggest that in terms of contribution compared to minutes on the pitch he’s had a productive start to the season.

Pretty sure I’ve heard prices are inflated in January. Agreeing a price now is likely to mean we’ll get less than if he’s fit and firing in January- that’s not even accounting for the negative impact on our season, plus the demoralising impact of selling your best and most popular player to one of your biggest rivals.

2 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

No mention of Brentford because he didn’t do anything, but I would suggest that in terms of contribution compared to minutes on the pitch he’s had a productive start to the season.

Pretty sure I’ve heard prices are inflated in January. Agreeing a price now is likely to mean we’ll get less than if he’s fit and firing in January- that’s not even accounting for the negative impact on our season, plus the demoralising impact of selling your best and most popular player to one of your biggest rivals.

Biggest rivals??? I think our big rivals are goin to be rovrum qpr Ipswich etc...and the 5ime to sell was the other week..the more he his here the less we will get..can see us getting rid for about 5 mill

Edited by Lichfield alien

24 minutes ago, dan1980 said:

He looked happy when celebrating with joao for his goal .load of rubbish j7st like people saying he didnt look interezted in warm up

Believe what you want to but he looked extremely pissed off as he came off. You would expect all of our squad and staff to be elated after a good result but his body language wasn't indicating this. FF does like to be the centre of attention and get the plaudits.

It was interesting to see Hutch after the game doing his warm down before the Wednesday and Ipswich players had left the pitch. Usually they have their after match debrief and then a supervised warm down with the coaching staff.

Just now, Ronnie Starling said:

Believe what you want to but he looked extremely pissed off as he came off. You would expect all of our squad and staff to be elated after a good result but his body language wasn't indicating this. FF does like to be the centre of attention and get the plaudits.

It was interesting to see Hutch after the game doing his warm down before the Wednesday and Ipswich players had left the pitch. Usually they have their after match debrief and then a supervised warm down with the coaching staff.

Another poster said he was clapping the fans 

3 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

They did the immediate warm down on Wednesday too: think it must a the new approach we are implementing.

8 minutes ago, Lichfield alien said:

Biggest rivals??? I think our big rivals are goin to be rovrum qpr Ipswich etc...and the 5ime to sell was the other week..the more he his here the less we will get..can see us getting rid for about 5 mill

As in traditionally. As on local rivalry- as expressed by quite a few others in this thread.

The rest is.just guess work.

4 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

As in traditionally. As on local rivalry- as expressed by quite a few others in this thread.

The rest is.just guess work.

Gruntbags are our only propa rivals..if your goin on locality surely rovrum are bigger rivals than Leeds?? The fact is Wednesday fans have an unhealthy obsession with Leeds..it’s getting tedious:duntmatter:

Just me that don't really care? 

My whelm levels have not been lower since Mm 350k days. 

FF would be the first name on my team sheet if fit. 

Either JL is cutting his nose off to spite his face, or Fernando is in negotiations to go. 

Personally I couldnt give a fizz if he goes to Leeds or wherever, just as long as we get decent wedge..... Which we won't. 

32 minutes ago, Lichfield alien said:

I reckon most fans don’t care anymore..he looks totally non plussed every time he takes to the field..ten mill and it’s goid business

I reckon... you're wrong. He's the only player we've got who looks like he's going to make something happen when he's got the ball. Was different class when he came back from injury last season, top scorer and top assist maker in two playoff campaigns before that, and joint top scorer already this season.

If we got anything under £15m in the current market somebody's having our pants down. 

Just now, alanharper said:

I reckon... you're wrong. He's the only player we've got who looks like he's going to make something happen when he's got the ball. Was different class when he came back from injury last season, top scorer and top assist maker in two playoff campaigns before that, and joint top scorer already this season.

If we got anything under £15m in the current market somebody's having our pants down. 

Everybody has our pants down..why wud that surprise you?

4 minutes ago, Lichfield alien said:

Gruntbags are our only propa rivals..if your goin on locality surely rovrum are bigger rivals than Leeds?? The fact is Wednesday fans have an unhealthy obsession with Leeds..it’s getting tedious:duntmatter:

Lots of Sheffielders live and work in Leeds and vice versa. I've done it myself. Obviously not the same as Utd rivalry, but more feelings in the games than 90% of the other games. 

Leeds is a result that a lot of Wednesday fans look out for and they're a team we like to be above in the league. I wouldn't say it's an unhealthy obsession though.