Your team for #SWFC vs Ipswich

Ipswich are very similar to Millwall (well usually) strong, abrasive, hardworking and physical, so for me a similar team as midweek full of running, bags of energy and not afraid to get stuck in. We normally struggle against sided like this, but hopefully another battling performance and a win. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BenitoCarbone said:

Fernando is our best player. If he is fit, he should start. For either Matias or Preston.

Other than that, same team.

Fernando is our most talented and exciting player but I'll refer you to the post I made in the match highlights for the Millwall game and the post I made above.  As talented and exciting as he is, FF sometimes has questionable decision making which when you are looking for consistency is not ideal.  Personally, the most important person in the team at the moment is Adam Reach.  Sure, BB is an important part of that.  He gives us assurance on the ball, dictates tempo and spreads the play, but we need mobility and some pace.  I'm not one that believes pace must be up front or out wide. Put Adam Reach running past relatively slow defensive midfielders and he'll look like Reference Point and that is all that is required to have the opposition scrambling.

I'd play the same team as Millwall and let FF come on as one hell of a substitution.  We need consistency in performance at the moment, consistency of play, of effort and of decision making.  Once that is established FF should be in straight fight for one of the wide attacking berths with Matias.  That's our flair players at the moment.

I'll put my tin hat on, but its what I believe is right at this moment in time.  It will change, it always does.

50 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

DAWSON

PALMER     LEES     THORNILEY     PENNEY

PELUPESSY

REACH                BANNAN

MATIAS         FLETCHER          FORESTIERI

Nice use of colour my lord, especially green for the keeper:biggrin:.

This would me my starting line up.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, hodgybysea said:

Not sure Marco Matias will play,that would be 4 games in ten days for someone who is notorious for getting injured,might not be worth the risk after the shift he put in against Millwall.Those left out in midweek will raring to go after seeing that performance.

I’d love to see him stay in team as with a few others but games coming so quick a rest wouldn’t be such a bad thing. 

You’ve got to love some of our fans...earlier in the week it was meltdown time cos there was a rumour FF might be on his way, quotes like....

“if he leaves the seasons over”

“best player at hillsborough, needs to play every game”

”our side without FF wont create or score goals”

literally one one win and one half decent performance without him the side n he’s on the bench behind a young lad who made his debut. Take Nothing away from Preston he looked good but please...don’t try n tell me you would sit FF on the bench behind Preston.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

You’ve got to love some of our fans...earlier in the week it was meltdown time cos there was a rumour FF might be on his way, quotes like....

“if he leaves the seasons over”

“best player at hillsborough, needs to play every game”

”our side without FF wont create or score goals”

literally one one win and one half decent performance without him the side n he’s on the bench behind a young lad who made his debut. Take Nothing away from Preston he looked good but please...don’t try n tell me you would sit FF on the bench behind Preston.

I would sit him on the bench behind Preston.