Preston                    Bannan                      Matias

Fletcher

Dawson

Palmer        Lees           Thorniley      Penney

Pelupessy   Reach

Fernando                   Bannan                      Matias

Fletcher

If he starts with same 11 it’ll be a big mistake in my opinion 

Preston unfortunately didn’t add much to the team so FF for him.

To counter the lack of tracking back by FF I may be tempted to swap Matias for Hutchinson and play a more natural 4-3-3 to start with 

5 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

DAWSON

PALMER     LEES     THORNILEY     PENNEY

PELUPESSY

REACH                BANNAN

MATIAS         FLETCHER          FORESTIERI

Its all down to interpretation regarding formation but the one thing that I keep thinking about is Lee Bullen's comments after the away win at Forest last year, when he took charge after CC left.  He said something along the lines of "we just kept it simple, 5 back and 5 forward".  If you look at 4-2-3-1 and 4-3-3 which are completely interchangeable during play, the one thing that it gives you is that simplicity of 5 back and 5 forward.  I said it before last year, I said it last year and i'll say it again, the most important players in our squad at the moment are Adam Reach and Kieran Lee.  They are the players that have the engine to get up and down regularly and give us the extra attacker and extra defender.  We struggled when KL got injured last season and picked up when Reach moved into the middle.  We struggle without Reach at the moment.  They provide options for Bannan, for defenders looking long and attacker looking for support.  Long term, if it appears that KL is struggling, this is the position we need to make sure we have an able understudy to Adam Reach either coming through the ranks or recruited from elsewhere.  I certainly think its one that we should look to the lower leagues for and shape in our own image.

Just an observation.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Retford_Owl said:

Dawson 

Palmer 

Lees

Hutchinson 

Thorniley 

Pelupessy

Bannan 

Matias 

Reach 

Forestieri 

Fletcher 

Subs 

Wildsmith 

Baker 

Pudil 

Preston

Boyd 

Nuhiu 

Joao 

I'm glad you aren't in charge of team selection. 

2 minutes ago, spike1867 said:

Its all down to interpretation regarding formation but the one thing that I keep thinking about is Lee Bullen's comments after the away win at Forest last year, when he took charge after CC left.  He said something along the lines of "we just kept it simple, 5 back and 5 forward".  If you look at 4-2-3-1 and 4-3-3 which are completely interchangeable during play, the one thing that it gives you is that simplicity of 5 back and 5 forward.  I said it before last year, I said it last year and i'll say it again, the most important players in our squad at the moment are Adam Reach and Kieran Lee.  They are the players that have the engine to get up and down regularly and give us the extra attacker and extra defender.  We struggled when KL got injured last season and picked up when Reach moved into the middle.  We struggle without Reach at the moment.  They provide options for Bannan, for defenders looking long and attacker looking for support.  Long term, if it appears that KL is struggling, this is the position we need to make sure we have an able understudy to Adam Reach either coming through the ranks or recruited from elsewhere.  I certainly think its one that we should look to the lower leagues for and shape in our own image.

Just an observation.

Totally agree.

And still remain convinced we'd have got past Hull if we had have avoided the big name shoehorn 4-4-2