Your team for #SWFC vs Ipswich

Guest LittleG
8 minutes ago, George said:

I hold my head in my hands, I really do. The idea that FF should walk back in is just ludicrous.

I think the idea that Preston ( although he played reasonably well against millwall) should start in front of FF is ludicrous 

Oh I am serious alright.

I think what happened on Wednesday night was that a few egos were put back in their box. 

Lety's not forget that I hate FF and would kick him out of the club and make Winnall capatain for planking him, so I have an angle here, but in the real world, FF and a few of the other fancy dans need to wait their turn and get hungry.

7 minutes ago, Retford_Owl said:

Why’s that square pegs don’t go into round holes pal

So why put Hutch and Thorniley into positions they've hardly played for us? Add to that taking away Penney after an admirable full debut the other night.  Back 4 picks itself after Wednesday.

I do agree with George really. Preston played well Wednesday and if he's fit he deserves to start over FF. Simple as.

That being said, I don't think many of us will be unhappy if that change was made.

Dropping FF after a poor display on Sunday was a huge call from Jos, and in the end the correct one.

1 hour ago, torres said:

If he starts with same 11 it’ll be a big mistake in my opinion 

Preston unfortunately didn’t add much to the team so FF for him.

To counter the lack of tracking back by FF I may be tempted to swap Matias for Hutchinson and play a more natural 4-3-3 to start with 

Sorry to disagree but I think Hutchinson is becoming more of a liability plus what sort of message does it send out to drop mattias after a pretty good performance. CC did it in the play off final bringing him back in and dropping Lopez. Was a big mistake. 

1 hour ago, spike1867 said:

Fernando is our most talented and exciting player but I'll refer you to the post I made in the match highlights for the Millwall game and the post I made above.  As talented and exciting as he is, FF sometimes has questionable decision making which when you are looking for consistency is not ideal.  Personally, the most important person in the team at the moment is Adam Reach.  Sure, BB is an important part of that.  He gives us assurance on the ball, dictates tempo and spreads the play, but we need mobility and some pace.  I'm not one that believes pace must be up front or out wide. Put Adam Reach running past relatively slow defensive midfielders and he'll look like Reference Point and that is all that is required to have the opposition scrambling.

I'd play the same team as Millwall and let FF come on as one hell of a substitution.  We need consistency in performance at the moment, consistency of play, of effort and of decision making.  Once that is established FF should be in straight fight for one of the wide attacking berths with Matias.  That's our flair players at the moment.

I'll put my tin hat on, but its what I believe is right at this moment in time.  It will change, it always does.

There'll be a few people having to look up reference point. Stevie cauthen paid for a great holiday for me and the bird of the time. 

5 minutes ago, peacock1961 said:

Sorry to disagree but I think Hutchinson is becoming more of a liability plus what sort of message does it send out to drop mattias after a pretty good performance. CC did it in the play off final bringing him back in and dropping Lopez. Was a big mistake. 

I agree to some extent but it’s horses for courses. 

I think it solidifies us more taking into account the lack of defensive work FF is likely to do. 

Otherwise it’s just championship manager stuff. 

Guest LittleG
14 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

I do agree with George really. Preston played well Wednesday and if he's fit he deserves to start over FF. Simple as.

That being said, I don't think many of us will be unhappy if that change was made.

Dropping FF after a poor display on Sunday was a huge call from Jos, and in the end the correct one.

Not sure you can say it was the correct call. If Preston had had an outstanding game and was the man of the match then I might agree. He had a reasonably decent game and didn't let the side down but if FF had started we may have won more convincingly. Its hard to say one way or the other but my opinion is FF should be in the team sheet on Saturday 

27 minutes ago, George said:

Oh I am serious alright.

I think what happened on Wednesday night was that a few egos were put back in their box. 

Lety's not forget that I hate FF and would kick him out of the club and make Winnall capatain for planking him, so I have an angle here, but in the real world, FF and a few of the other fancy dans need to wait their turn and get hungry.

18 minutes ago, andypandy said:

Players should earn the right to start based on performance, and the eleven who started against Millwall, for me have earned the right to start against Ipswich if fit, i would not change anything unless necessary !

18 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Wowzers….give your heads a wobble!!!!!!!!

If FF was sat on the bench and we lost 1-0 on Saturday all three of you would be the first on here slating Jos and the team selection!!

Who is our most creative player? Who is our main match winner? Who is the player who gets you off your seat...don't answer it lads as it answers itself....is FF.

To sit him on the bench is identical to the situation we were in the 90's with Di'Canio and Carbone!! You do not sit a match winner and your best player on the bench, especially at this level. He can be and more often than not he is the difference between 3 points and anything different.

• Like 1

for me the main decision is pelupessy or hutch.  Hutch seems to sit a bit deeper to me but pelupessy linked the back 4 with bannan and reach much better. It was more of a 4-1-3-2 than a 4-2-3-1 but joey seemed quicker than hutch to move up when we had the ball.

Guest LittleG
5 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Wowzers….give your heads a wobble!!!!!!!!

If FF was sat on the bench and we lost 1-0 on Saturday all three of you would be the first on here slating Jos and the team selection!!

Who is our most creative player? Who is our main match winner? Who is the player who gets you off your seat...don't answer it lads as it answers itself....is FF.

To sit him on the bench is identical to the situation we were in the 90's with Di'Canio and Carbone!! You do not sit a match winner and your best player on the bench, especially at this level. He can be and more often than not he is the difference between 3 points and anything different.

Totally agree 

1 hour ago, Philb125 said:

My team, Sheffield Wednesday. Any other team and you may as well be a pig :) 

Exactly, whoever runs out on the pitch at the start should be backed. 

Thought it was encouraging the other night when some of the academy players made mistakes the crowd applauded instead of groaning.