Hands up who rates Jos?

16 minutes ago, e6owl said:

I think he's decent. It's thanks to him that we're able to convert talented academy players into regular first team players - that's something very few managers before have been able to do.

It's not 'really' down to him though is it... its more a matter of circumstance & dare I say other than the keepers which is a whole other can of worms none of the young players have even had a real run in the team yet.

I'm not knocking the young lads & really hope they do well, but you could run a sweepstake on which ones are going to feature tomorrow

I'm on an even keel with Jos.

Tomorrow's game is a good chance for the players to stick their hands up and show a bit of responsibility for themselves and give the novice players a lift...if the fans can see them doing that then they might get some love back.

This group of players (although disparate) have to make a stand.. they're all we've got and if they turn their backs through self interest then they're not worth having.

Don't look to the coach lads...look at yourselves tomorrow night.

• Like 4

I don’t think he’s the manager for us.

nothing against him - he’s just not what we need right now at all.

we need someone with good knowledge of the division, good knowledge of how to get results in the division and a manager of a club rather than a coach.

lets face it - jos Luhukay is not going to turn Wednesday around - as much as people would like to think it - he just isn’t.

If I’m honest I’m starting to lose faith in him. Hes been dealt a poor hand in many respects, but he still has a lot of talent to work with

The constant formation and personnel changes are hugely frustrating, plus the fact that he appears to be freezing out players can’t be good for the morale of the squad

To even consider judging a manager 3 games into a season is crackers guys.

Tonight is a real toughie, but some very winnable games follow.

Lets calm down and see where we are and how we feel after:-

MILLWALL (3rd Tonight if they win)

IPSWICH 2 points from 4

Reading 0 points from 4 

STOKE 2 points from 3

Real potential to take 7 points or better from these 4 games. 

I readilly admit we have been dreadful so far, but it’s too early to panic.

I was not sure if e6Owl was being ironic but a comment was made in an earlier post:

"think he's decent. It's thanks to him that we're able to convert talented academy players into regular first team players - that's something very few managers before have been able to do"

Well if e6Owl went to Brentford on Sunday he would have seen that Baker and Thornily were cut to shreds time and again by the opposion players.

They looked like mugs who had never played full back in their lives before.

Any idiot like Luhukay can put a few youngsters in the first team but if they are way below Championship level it is counter productive for all parties.

The real trick is to promote youngsters who can play well at that level.

9 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

If you want to talk about the constant changes of personnel and formations or the boring approach, then fair enough.

But as usual, we seem to be arriving at that point where every single atom of someone's existence is fair game to be ridiculed, reinvented or even lied about because that is how desperately badly we want a change. It's the psychology of a tantrum really.

After a while, some of it just becomes an endless white noise of absolutely no meaning.

Jesus. It's a joke. 

Think you're taking it all bit too seriously.

• Like 1

I recall Trevor Francis being accused of living on the back of Ron Atkinson’s signings, and that’s after he signed the likes of Woods, Bright, Warhurst, Waddle, Walker, Petrescu etc. The only reason that Atkinson is revered is because he got us promoted and led us to a cup victory in a very short time, he also got us relegated and walked out on us, can anyone remember the latter? Owls supporters are and always have been highly critical of their managers, perhaps a bit of success is the answer.

Jos doesn’t stand a snowball’s chance in hell of being liked while the club is being run like Fawlty Towers, DC is the problem, and there’s not a damn thing that we can do about it, other than keeping our money in our pockets. :Chansiri:

Edited by optimisticowl