EFL to broadcast/stream games live including SWFC vs Millwall..

Guest Theboylangers
37 minutes ago, bigsheff said:

Out of interest does anybody how or if the sky red button option will work on a sky go app?

Will be there on Wednesday so won’t be able to test it but would like to know for future away matches.

I could do with knowing this as well. 

Just now, steelowl said:

wotcha Reading how ya doing mate?  love to hear your take on this pile of sh*te 

Life is good thanks. Very kind of you to ask.

I’ve intermittently given my views over recent times. They are probably, as you expect.

Walk the dogs nightly early evening - and then listen to FootballHeaven on my return and read all your views.

Daren't post in that particular thread in case PGMetcalfe calls me a Blade.

But it does make me chuckle.

Just now, S36 OWL said:

This will kill the walk up for midweek games. YET WE are charging £30 on the kop tomorrow.  Madness. 

Although I’ll take advantage of it - I think it’s quite sad really. If this becomes regular, season after season - why would anyone other than die hard fans travel to watch when you can pay £7:99.

Yet another community tradition will wane.

Its not good for the future of Football or live attended Sport IMO.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ibbo48 said:

Not sure about this, mate. 

When I go on NowTV Sports what it gives me are the Sky Sports channels.

Ive looked at future matches and the only one it shows is Villa v Brentford on Wednesday.

Im not the smartest with the technology I must admit.

Same here. I reckon it will be the villa game on the football channel...I'm confused.

1 minute ago, ReadingOwl said:

Life is good thanks. Very kind of you to ask.

I’ve intermittently given my views over recent times. They are probably, as you expect.

Walk the dogs nightly early evening - and then listen to FootballHeaven on my return and read all your views.

Daren't post in that particular thread in case PGMetcalfe calls me a Blade.

But it does make me chuckle.

glad to hear it -  did see a post from you recently but not often 

PGM sees blunts everywhere bless him  bit rich tbh as he confesses to enjoying doing the same on their site

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, steelowl said:

glad to hear it -  did see a post from you recently but not often 

PGM sees blunts everywhere bless him  bit rich tbh as he confesses to enjoying doing the same on their site

Aye, he makes me laugh out loud. He makes the thread. Accuses everyone, on FH, on here, and even those now attending games (not all Owls fans).

I think he must dream about ‘them’ in his sleep.

1 minute ago, helmut_rooster said:

Buy one off ebay much cheaper 

Ive never bought in fear of being stung.

But, coincidentally I looked recently and couldn’t  find any available. There use to be loads.

Dont know if Sky/NowTV have clamped down on EBay?

28 minutes ago, ReadingOwl said:

NowTV is a subsidiary of SKY. Same company.

They are just trying to monetise POTD revenue without damaging the SkySports annual subscription service.

Hence why you can’t get a day pass via the dish. 

I think it will take a bit of time for the empire to crumble. But streaming will take over eventually.

55 minutes ago, bigsheff said:

Out of interest does anybody how or if the sky red button option will work on a sky go app?

Will be there on Wednesday so won’t be able to test it but would like to know for future away matches.

I will be watching the game on Sky Red button facility on Wednesday @bigsheff but will also run my tablet to test validity / availability 

Will report my findings on this thread in due course ......

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Or if you have the Sky sports package you can watch ever midweek game not including bank holidays for part of your sky package by going to the Sky football channel and pressing the red button.

A great idea but surely over time this will have a massive effect on match day attendances when its call or wet or the price is too much fans will literally stay at home and watch the match.

18 minutes ago, ReadingOwl said:

Although I’ll take advantage of it - I think it’s quite sad really. If this becomes regular, season after season - why would anyone other than die hard fans travel to watch when you can pay £7:99.

Yet another community tradition will wane.

Its not good for the future of Football or live attended Sport IMO.

Totally agree Reading.

To cut a long story short, I started having trouble getting to Hillsborough cos of health problems and I ended up getting a Now TV monthly sports pass cos we were on Sky a few times around then. It’s quite expensive at, I think, £33 a month and I hated the fact I was letting Sky win when I’ve always been against what they’ve done to football.

However, we’re just never going to beat them and the plus side is that I can watch a live match virtually every day of the week, five days of Test Cricket ( could have done without that this weekend)  all the one day and T20s and all the golf I like if I’d wanted to.

At the price you’re being charged to go to a single event these days that monthly fee becomes quite reasonable.

Yes I hate what it’s doing to sport but, in my case,  it means at least I get to see Wednesday occasionally rather than not at all.

1 hour ago, ReadingOwl said:

Note - It says “starting from £6:99”.

But last week I paid £7:99. Not aware how you can the £6:99 price.

I watch NowTV via AppleTV. Can’t remember what I paid for Sunderland but last season it always seemed to be a quid cheaper if I bought a pass from the website rather than in the NowTV app. No idea why.

1 hour ago, ReadingOwl said:

Ive never bought in fear of being stung.

But, coincidentally I looked recently and couldn’t  find any available. There use to be loads.

Dont know if Sky/NowTV have clamped down on EBay?

You'll not be stung. 

I sell loads on there and it'd never that gets stung, eBay always sides with the buyer. 

1 hour ago, Ibbo48 said:

Totally agree Reading.

To cut a long story short, I started having trouble getting to Hillsborough cos of health problems and I ended up getting a Now TV monthly sports pass cos we were on Sky a few times around then. It’s quite expensive at, I think, £33 a month and I hated the fact I was letting Sky win when I’ve always been against what they’ve done to football.

However, we’re just never going to beat them and the plus side is that I can watch a live match virtually every day of the week, five days of Test Cricket ( could have done without that this weekend)  all the one day and T20s and all the golf I like if I’d wanted to.

At the price you’re being charged to go to a single event these days that monthly fee becomes quite reasonable.

Yes I hate what it’s doing to sport but, in my case,  it means at least I get to see Wednesday occasionally rather than not at all.

Yes, I’ll look how much Sport I will want to watch and possibly buy a month. I spent £7:99 last week on the Sunderland game anyway and if I’d known about this, I’d possibly have bought at least a week or possibly a month.

I have basic Sky (just for Eurosport/motorcycling) - But they offered to upgrade me to SkySports for another £22:00 a month for an 18 month contract.

I balked at it because it’s just another debt, another commitment. I don’t even have high speed broadband as again it’s just more debt. Basic speed does me. I don’t even have a phone contract - PAYG for me with a second hand iPhone off eBay.

As daft as it sounds Sky Sports monopolises your time - too much Sport. You’re never off the bloody settee (or I wouldn’t be). And that has been a consideration too.

Take today - I’m listening to TMS for the cricket. I enjoy it as much as the TV.

1 hour ago, elvin parsnip said:

I watched Utd v Boro in red button - you can only start watching just before kick off so don’t panic if it won’t work at 7.30 also I think you just get one camera angle and no replays might be wrong though 

That's good enough for me - like sat in the grandstand but no one snoring.

• Haha 1