EFL to broadcast/stream games live including SWFC vs Millwall..

10 minutes ago, ReadingOwl said:

Yes, I’ll look how much Sport I will want to watch and possibly buy a month. I spent £7:99 last week on the Sunderland game anyway and if I’d known about this, I’d possibly have bought at least a week or possibly a month.

I have basic Sky (just for Eurosport/motorcycling) - But they offered to upgrade me to SkySports for another £22:00 a month for an 18 month contract.

I balked at it because it’s just another debt, another commitment. I don’t even have high speed broadband as again it’s just more debt. Basic speed does me. I don’t even have a phone contract - PAYG for me with a second hand iPhone off eBay.

As daft as it sounds Sky Sports monopolises your time - too much Sport. You’re never off the bloody settee (or I wouldn’t be). And that has been a consideration too.

Take today - I’m listening to TMS for the cricket. I enjoy it as much as the TV.

Yep you definitely end up watching too much sport and never shift from the sofa which ain’t good.

I’ve no contract with the NowTV malarkey.

If I don’t pay it stops as far as I know. 

I probably better check that.

2 minutes ago, Ibbo48 said:

Yep you definitely end up watching too much sport and never shift from the sofa which ain’t good.

I would - I checked the pricing after your post. A Monthly pass is now £33:99.

Also, just for the monthly one, it states to the effect * the monthly pass auto renews unless you cancel.

How irritating - why do companies do this? 

I understand how business works - but why the pressure? When you ring up to insure the car they want you to also insure the house, cat, dog and bloody budgerigar too.

Its annoying and it puts me off TBH. There is always a catch.

Just take my money and leave me in control and let me decide thanks.

28F6BCC3-2CE6-4344-901C-5845753FC7DF.png

Watched Boro v Blunts in my local with Boro fans,they were at bit nervous as the boss didn't get it until 5 mins before the game.Just one camera,no replays and some bloke just talking his way through the game.Bit like being at a game.

He's told me Wednesday are on tomorrow but I'm going anyway despite a two hour journey.

I've just been on Sky Now live chat and asked if I can get Owls v Millwall on a Windows 10 PC.   He said no, because it's on the red button which you can't access on a PC.

But he didn't seem to be a football fan and took ages to reply so I hope he's wrong.

Deffo seems to be on Ifollow though at £10.   I got as far as the press button to pay bit.

I'm actually a ST holder who lives 55 miles away.  Do I spend £15 plus on petrol to get there when I can give my tyres a rest and see it for £7.99 or £10.  Hoping to get to Ipswich and Wolves home games though.   3 trips in a week is a lot.   Decisions, decisions.....

2 hours ago, Ibbo48 said:

This might be of interest? Equivalent to 10 months I believe.

54D750FE-CD1D-4FDC-8ADB-CD5FE7218695.png

3 minutes ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

So......... its minus 3, its a Tuesday night, there is horizontal rain/sleet, we are playing Reading at home, we are on a bad run, and you already have Sky Sports.

Might be a tough call for some

Not that tough a call. We have 4 allotted home midweek games. 

Millwall

West Brom (picked match for Sky)

Bolton

Forest

So West Brom is not going to be available on Ifollow 

Bolton is late November so the chances of it being grim weather will be quite high. So 5 hour round trip, get in after midnight, 35 quid in fuel or my settee especially as I pay for Sky already

Away ones out of interest are basically the reverse fixtures apart from its QPR away not West Brom. 

This could not have come at a worse time for Mr Chansiri as he continues his push for ticket sales.

I think this live streaming being available will be too tempting for many after recent performances and (yes gotta mention it again because it's relevant) ticket pricing for these games

Owlstalk Shop

I do like the idea of the away ones. I would probably go to QPR as near enough for me but it is still 11.30 PM by the time I can get home 

Forest and Bolton will be interesting. The former would always sell out even midweek so that is a good test of impact on attendances.

Mentioned it the other day but if you start having 

4 home midweek games

Probably at least 3 Sky games

Couple you might not make due to other commitments, holiday, the wife thinking you should spend her birthday with her selfish I know

9 out of 23 games suddenly the season ticket decision gets interesting finance wise

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

This could not have come at a worse time for Mr Chansiri as he continues his push for ticket sales.

I think this live streaming being available will be too tempting for many after recent performances and (yes gotta mention it again because it's relevant) ticket pricing for these games

Needs a Category Z

Ten Bob and a quickie with Ozzie Owl.

I almost think the Clubs have accepted the guarantee of the Sky TV money with this as part of the deal and that POTG / away followings reductions are the price to pay.

The ONLY thing that will get the owner some goodwill from the fans..is a run of good performances.

There's open dissent from a couple of senior pros....get their arses kicked and pray for good performances...that's his only salvation.

The season ticket strategy only works with success on the pitch.... he's looking down the barrel.

He said it himself.

10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Was thinking of going, but getting a train, then taxi home, get back about midnight, spending up to 100 quid, so just bought the now tv day pass, quite pleased with

myself.

9 minutes ago, daleblue said:

Was thinking of going, but getting a train, then taxi home, get back about midnight, spending up to 100 quid, so just bought the now tv day pass, quite pleased with

myself.

It looks like sky are showing the villa game...the other ones are available on the red button.

Now TV doesn't have that facility.

Besides..if you got the 24 hour one .. it'll run out before the game starts.

Edited by Costello 77

12 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

It looks like sky are showing the villa game...the other ones are available on the red button.

Now TV doesn't have that facility.

Besides..if you got the 24 hour one .. it'll run out before the game starts.

I'm assuming he hasn't activated it yet. 

Also, as several people have said, the Now TV website lists all midweek games. 

46 minutes ago, Polar said:

I'm assuming he hasn't activated it yet. 

Also, as several people have said, the Now TV website lists all midweek games. 

I did an edit to make a (weak) joke about him missing the game.

Yes.. you're correct absolutely...I'm wary about what's listed and what's shown tho.

I've gone round in circles with now TV trying to find out whether it's going to be shown or not.