EFL to broadcast/stream games live including SWFC vs Millwall..

The English Football League will stream matches live online in the UK and Ireland for the first time on Tuesday.

The service, for midweek games outside of bank holidays and not shown live on Sky Sports, will cost £10 per match.

Fans will be able to view a game via their team's digital platform iFollow, used by 58 of the 72 EFL clubs.

Overseas supporters have been able to stream every non-televised gameonline since the start of of the 2017-18 season.

Seven of the 10 midweek Championship games will be available for streaming on the iFollow platform, including Ipswich's trip to Derby on Tuesday and Wigan's visit to Stoke on Wednesday.

Aston Villa, Leeds and Sunderland are among the 14 EFL clubs not signed up to iFollow, but will have the opportunity to deliver a similar service, as QPR and Bristol City will do for Tuesday's game at Loftus Road.

Matches played between 14:45 and 17:15 on Saturdays will continue to be blocked from live streaming.

Which Championship games can I stream online this midweek?

Seven matches will be available to watch via the iFollow platform on club websites (kick-off 19:45 BST unless stated):

• Derby v Ipswich (Tue)
  • Rotherham v Hull (Tue)
  • Sheffield Wednesday v Millwall (Wed)
  • Blackburn v Reading (Wed)
  • Norwich v Preston (Wed)
  • Bolton v Birmingham (Wed, 20:00 BST)
  • Stoke v Wigan (Wed, 20:00 BST)

When are broadcasting restrictions in place in the UK?

There are three instances where EFL games can not be streamed online in the UK and Ireland:

• Between 14:45-17:15 on a Saturday
  • On Bank Holidays (eg Boxing Day, Easter Monday)
  • When games have been selected for live television coverage on Sky Sports

Where else can I follow EFL matches?

If you cannot get to the ground, here are some ways of following EFL games:

• Watch via Sky Sports' red button service (midweek Championship games only - there are eight rounds of midweek fixtures during the 2018-19 season)
  • BBC Sport provides live text coverage of every Championship game, while you can follow your team on your BBC local radio station

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, Ibbo48 said:

I’ve had NowTV Sports Pass on my IPhone and IPad for 2 years and you can see all Sky televised sport on there. It’s the only way I watch it.

Yes, but the original uncertainty was created because via the “dish” the midweek games were only going to be screened via the red button. Not on individual Sky Channels.

NowTV doesn’t have the red button service.

It looks like NowTV are going to “individualise” them onto their own respective channels.

I just wish Sky would let you buy a pass for 24hour Sport through the dish (if you have one). Instead of having to separately stream it.

1 minute ago, Costello 77 said:

Ok ta.

So you reckon all those games will have a channel each?

Well, they are are being advertised on NowTV as being available. (Hence why I posted the advert).

https://www.nowtv.com/watch-football-online

And, as you’ve said, NowTV doesn’t have the Red button availability. So I can’t see any other way other than individualsing them onto their own NowTV channels.

1 minute ago, tarn owl said:

Cracking news, Good to see the strangle hold of Sky on watching football is starting to fade a little. Will be there on Wednesday, but if not would definitely stream. 

NowTV is a subsidiary of SKY. Same company.

They are just trying to monetise POTD revenue without damaging the SkySports annual subscription service.

Hence why you can’t get a day pass via the dish. 

43 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The English Football League will stream matches live online in the UK and Ireland for the first time on Tuesday.

The service, for midweek games outside of bank holidays and not shown live on Sky Sports, will cost £10 per match.

Fans will be able to view a game via their team's digital platform iFollow, used by 58 of the 72 EFL clubs.

Overseas supporters have been able to stream every non-televised gameonline since the start of of the 2017-18 season.

Seven of the 10 midweek Championship games will be available for streaming on the iFollow platform, including Ipswich's trip to Derby on Tuesday and Wigan's visit to Stoke on Wednesday.

Aston Villa, Leeds and Sunderland are among the 14 EFL clubs not signed up to iFollow, but will have the opportunity to deliver a similar service, as QPR and Bristol City will do for Tuesday's game at Loftus Road.

Matches played between 14:45 and 17:15 on Saturdays will continue to be blocked from live streaming.

Which Championship games can I stream online this midweek?

Seven matches will be available to watch via the iFollow platform on club websites (kick-off 19:45 BST unless stated):

• Derby v Ipswich (Tue)
  • Rotherham v Hull (Tue)
  • Sheffield Wednesday v Millwall (Wed)
  • Blackburn v Reading (Wed)
  • Norwich v Preston (Wed)
  • Bolton v Birmingham (Wed, 20:00 BST)
  • Stoke v Wigan (Wed, 20:00 BST)

When are broadcasting restrictions in place in the UK?

There are three instances where EFL games can not be streamed online in the UK and Ireland:

• Between 14:45-17:15 on a Saturday
  • On Bank Holidays (eg Boxing Day, Easter Monday)
  • When games have been selected for live television coverage on Sky Sports

Where else can I follow EFL matches?

If you cannot get to the ground, here are some ways of following EFL games:

• Watch via Sky Sports' red button service (midweek Championship games only - there are eight rounds of midweek fixtures during the 2018-19 season)
  • BBC Sport provides live text coverage of every Championship game, while you can follow your team on your BBC local radio station

nope 

• Haha 3

Just now, ReadingOwl said:

NowTV is a subsidiary of SKY. Same company.

They are just trying to monetise POTD revenue without damaging the SkySports annual subscription service.

Hence why you can’t get a day pass via the dish. 

wotcha Reading how ya doing mate?  love to hear your take on this pile of sh*te 

9 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Ok ta.

So you reckon all those games will have a channel each?

Not sure about this, mate. 

When I go on NowTV Sports what it gives me are the Sky Sports channels.

Ive looked at future matches and the only one it shows is Villa v Brentford on Wednesday.

Im not the smartest with the technology I must admit.

• Thanks 1