What's going on at #swfc?

2 hours ago, Beholder said:

In a way I feel for the guy. 

You can't win in a presser, whatever answer you give is the wrong answer when you aren't winning. 

On the other hand I'm a bit bemused by his team selections and am wondering why senior players are being omitted and frozen out. 

This.

Generally speaking I'd say the ones who have the most influence in the dressing room are the senior players. Currently we have Westwood, Jones & Boyd either being frozen out our used very sparingly. There's an argument for saying that Jones & Boyd don't show enough to warrant selection but whatever the reason for their omission they'll be grumbling in the dressing room particularly with other seniors like Bannan & Lees who could quite easily agree with their argument.

We end up going out on the pitch with disharmony, the captain & our more influential players don't agree with the team selection, the young players who are doing a their best under the circumstances feel under more pressure & less confident because some players feel they shouldn't be in the team.

If we're not careful we'll end up in a downward spiral that will be extremely difficult to stop.

Whether the senior players omission is Jos's doing or DC's way of trying to force players out to save money I don't know but have my suspicions its the latter.

1 minute ago, theowlsman said:

Neil, how many club plants Do you reckon you’ve had on here in recent weeks? Not names, just numbers?

They usually appear to tell us everything is ok when things are going pear shaped.

That's as daft as calling out critics as Blades.

There isn't much to see in the interview unless it is something you're like particularly looking for....

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Neil, how many club plants Do you reckon you’ve had on here in recent weeks? Not names, just numbers?

They usually appear to tell us everything is ok when things are going pear shaped.

My money is on that Dragon Rose I saw lurking about near the "sign-in" icon

image.png.78076cf8af0dcf5be41919e89b07edf4.png

57 minutes ago, striker said:

Even the most ardent optimist will appreciate it's going to be bust. There isn't a hope in hell we are going to be anywhere near the promotion places. 

Chansiri is deluded if he thinks this squad and manager can get promoted. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Folks love anything like this.

Absolute fuel for social media drama.

They leave themselves totally open to it Snoots, giving as little as they can out, 

It leads to massive speculation,

One thing you really can't do on Social media, and on Owlstalk in particular is let us use our imaginations ffs!...

They didn't tell us there was an Embargo , then lo and behold it gets lifted as the f.ookin' transfer window slams shut....massive coincidence?

I dunno ..Its one door opens and another  window slams shut in yer face.

In my opinion, there is a distinct lack of trust in the fanbase, mainly because most, even most of those that can afford it, some of those that can easily afford it, rail against the prices.

Its seen as some sort of disloyalty to the Chairman...He's Chairman FFS!..a custodian, no matter how much he thinks he owns it lock stock an' Bannan, 

Whatever happens the club will carry on, and he can easily carry on with it, but its got to, in some part, be a 2 way street.

Wednesday fans don't want to know EVERYTHING....Don't need to know EVERYTHING, but to feed us absolutely nothing, not even a modicum of honesty it seems?

Totally self defeating.

The reason we were not told about the Embargo , was season tickets...not trusted enough, the reason we did not know about this "Serious trouble" next season?..Season tickets...

The selling point for season tickets next season/..

"If you don't buy X amount at X price..."..The "Serious trouble" will get you.

I reckon we would have sold as many , if not more, if we had been told about this 18 months ago, a bit of honesty, plain speaking and transparency..instead of this f.ookin' guff

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

They leave themselves totally open to it Snoots, giving as little as they can out, 

It leads to massive speculation,

One thing you really can't do on Social media, and on Owlstalk in particular is let us use our imaginations ffs!...

They didn't tell us there was an Embargo , then lo and behold it gets lifted as the f.ookin' transfer window slams shut....massive coincidence?

I dunno ..Its one door opens and another  window slams shut in yer face.

In my opinion, there is a distinct lack of trust in the fanbase, mainly because most, even most of those that can afford it, some of those that can easily afford it, rail against the prices.

Its seen as some sort of disloyalty to the Chairman...He's Chairman FFS!..a custodian, no matter how much he thinks he owns it lock stock an' Bannan, 

Whatever happens the club will carry on, and he can easily carry on with it, but its got to, in some part, be a 2 way street.

Wednesday fans don't want to know EVERYTHING....Don't need to know EVERYTHING, but to feed us absolutely nothing, not even a modicum of honesty it seems?

Totally self defeating.

The reason we were not told about the Embargo , was season tickets...not trusted enough, the reason we did not know about this "Serious trouble" next season?..Season tickets...

The selling point for season tickets next season/..

"If you don't buy X amount at X price..."..The "Serious trouble" will get you.

I reckon we would have sold as many , if not more, if we had been told about this 18 months ago, a bit of honesty, plain speaking and transparency..instead of this f.ookin' guff

Oh I quite agree.

I commented on many threads at the annoucment of the ticket prices saying what a disgrace I thought it was to the man in the street.

But is it the managers place to say stuff about the Chairman and the business side of things.

That's my point.

Send Katrien out to do a weekly press conference about the business side of the club if that's what we want.

Gather the hacks around for that. Would probably be more interesting anyway than asking a sports coach roundabout questions..disguised as football questions...only for him to give roundabout answers so as not to become a P45 recipient on one hand or a fans blame bucket on the other.

Edited by Lord Snooty

2 hours ago, theowlsman said:

Rock the Casbah you little Willow in the winds.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

When asked about if the players were lacking motivation Jos "You'll have to ask them"

Oh dear. This isn't going to end well is it. Expect more first team, experienced players to mowing the lawn on matchdays 

Maybe some players think they are bigger than the club :ph34r: It wouldn't be the first time here (or elsewhere). Sad truth of today's football.  The assumption seems to be they are in the right and Jos is in the wrong all based on that one line in a press conference. Or have I missed something ?  One line seems to have opened the floodgates for the Jos out brigade.  I understand there may be some pent up tension and disappointment. I haven't missed a league game so far and I feel it too. But I cannot start asking for a replacement manager just yet. I don't think that makes me a clapper but if I fall into that definition, so be it.  

6 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Jos just now on why the team aren't winning like they were last season - "I know the reasons on this moment, and I'll keep it for me, and to my team of course and it helps nobody if I said it here"

So the fans don't deserve to know what they are paying to see.Fans who have bought multiple years season tickets.Totally disrespectful.So we are supposed to turn up and keep shelling out and not complain.What a joke.

4 minutes ago, Reallondonowl said:

Maybe some players think they are bigger than the club :ph34r: It wouldn't be the first time here (or elsewhere). Sad truth of today's football.  The assumption seems to be they are in the right and Jos is in the wrong all based on that one line in a press conference. Or have I missed something ?  One line seems to have opened the floodgates for the Jos out brigade.  I understand there may be some pent up tension and disappointment. I haven't missed a league game so far and I feel it too. But I cannot start asking for a replacement manager just yet. I don't think that makes me a clapper but if I fall into that definition, so be it.  

Whether it is or isn't the reason behind the scenes one thing I did wonder when Jos came in was how the established players who were used to a very cushy life under Carlos would take to a disciplinarian like Jos

Owlstalk Shop

5 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

What f*cking nonsense is this? lol   No he isn't

Team in game one:

Dawson

Pudil

Hutchinson

Lees

Reach

van Aken

Bannan

Palmer 

Pelupessy

Forestieri 

Nuhiu

Game two there were three changes... Fletcher for Nuhiu (forced due to suspension), Fox for van Aken and Baker for Palmer (both unforced). So total of two changes.

Game three there were two changes... Thorniley at LB/LWB and Matias for Reach (again forced due to injury). 

So for unforced changes over the first three league games, we have three. In my mind, making three changes over the course of three games is hardly "Chopping and changing players"... unless of course you're counting the league cup match as him chopping and changing, where we all agreed rotating the squad was the best thing. 

He hasn't made wholesale changes but he has had a full pre-season to get his formation and team as he wants it (with what he has available). To have changed formation within the first 3 league games is not a good sign and defensive changes are generally not made as regularly as attacking ones unless they are enforced. We have had 3 different players at LB/LWB and also different combinations in central defence. To me that is a sign of panic when the changes are not due to injury - you would expect a little more persistence with what has been worked on in the build up to the season if this wasn't the case.

6 hours ago, e6owl said:

Trying to put some good faith on it, I think what he could be alluding to is some problems with mental health/resilience among the team. Before DC has spoken about players being 'scared' to play and there's a noticeable lack of commitment from many of the players on the pitch - possibly from a fear they'll screw up and end up getting abuse. There's undoubtably a negative mood around the club now and that can genuinely affect players (look at how the England squads used to fall apart before they brought on board team psychologists). And unlike a physical injury there's not a huge amount that can be done to fix it quickly - It's also not something that Jos would want to bring up publicly because that would just pile even more pressure onto the team. 

I don't really buy any of the conspiracy theories about appearance fees, image rights and other nonsense because none of that explains why the teams we put out have underperformed. There's something deeper going on with the team that needs to be worked on. 

I would assume that the players who are out of contract next summer probably have a good idea they aren't having their contracts renewed.Its hardly a good motivation for them.Maybe DC has already confirmed this with the EFL as the wages saved on these players would be huge.I think DC would take losing a transfer fee just to save on wages.At the moment i think I'd get a more honest answer from a politicIan than JL or DC.