Reinstate Stuart Gray

Not a stupid thread, I'd quite happily have him back. I hated Chansiri sacking him; felt it was a very poor thing to do to someone who had quite evidently worked a minor miracle steadying the club and making us hard to beat. Should certainly have been given the opportunity to take us further. The chairman hasn't made up for this either and now we're in a worse position than when Mr G left us. That's just how incompetently this club has been run - all that money for nothing. If he wasn't the owner, Chansiri would be sacked in any other job.

• Thanks 1

Sacking Stuart Gray was the first inkling I had that I wasn't on the same page as Chansiri regarding how to run a football club.

He did an excellent job with the resources available and deserved the chance to take the club forward with some actual money to spend.

To be fair, we're probably as responsible as anyone for his getting the old heave-ho.

Fans complained about the style of play, without taking into consideration that Gray was getting the best results he could with what he had to work with - and it wasn't much.

Chansiri wanted to give the fans what they wanted, so he binned Gray off.

It's ironic that all those millions later, under Carlito we ended up playing football not dissimilar to that of Gray, albeit with better players.

Chansiri won't even sack managers he's appointed, let alone reinstate managers he's sacked.

There;s more chance of Chris Wilder having a bath than there is of old Stuart returning.

• Haha 1

The last season under Stewart Gray was one of the worst in living memory. We scored about 2 goals from open play in home games before January. You muppets just want to pretend everything was great before Chansiri came in. At least have a convincing argument before starting one. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Pale Rider said:

The last season under Stewart Gray was one of the worst in living memory. We scored about 2 goals from open play in home games before January. You muppets just want to pretend everything was great before Chansiri came in. At least have a convincing argument before starting one. 

Didn't we finish mid-table in Gray's final season?

Three and a bit seasons and tens of millions of pounds later and where are we now?

No one is saying everything was great before Chansiri, but at least we had a bit of stability.

4 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

Didn't we finish mid-table in Gray's final season?

Three and a bit seasons and tens of millions of pounds later and where are we now?

No one is saying everything was great before Chansiri, but at least we had a bit of stability.

Seeing no football at all it was great 

Edited by Pale Rider

Neg me all you want but Grey did nothing before or after he managed Wednesday. He had managerial jobs, look into how he did with Northampton.

I think people look back with rose tinted specs. He was great in the first season but the facts are we went long spells without winning games, (played one up front at home when we had slated previous managers for doing the same), attendances were falling and the football got boring.