Reinstate Stuart Gray

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

Didn't know that. 

Well, if I was Stuart Gray I'd go back to Fulham :duntmatter:

Tbh i am surprised he hasn't got a job as manager anywhere else he did a decent job here despite that last season being garbage to watch.

2 hours ago, Beholder said:

OK it's not a serious thread, I know its not gonna happen but we could do alot worse. 

Our change in fortunes started with this fella and it lasted to about 20 months after he left.

Makes you realise how important getting the right manager is. Get it wrong and you can destroy a club. Get it right and he can transform everything. 

We have gone backwards since Gray left. 

I'd take him back in a heartbeat. 

You look at the money spent. 

You look at transfer dealings. 

You look at the togetherness. 

The team spirit. 

The organisation. 

You look at the team under the stewardship of M.M. & S.G compared to the blatant shambles that has been created since they left and its worlds apart, yes we have the likes of Nando now and a so called far superior calibre of players,but without a proper plan and the above it counts for nothing. 

20 hours ago, shezzas left peg said:

I'd take him back in a heartbeat. 

You look at the money spent. 

You look at transfer dealings. 

You look at the togetherness. 

The team spirit. 

The organisation. 

You look at the team under the stewardship of M.M. & S.G compared to the blatant shambles that has been created since they left and its worlds apart, yes we have the likes of Nando now and a so called far superior calibre of players,but without a proper plan and the above it counts for nothing. 

money, money, money, and no ballex when it matters.

23 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

Honestly convinced that Stuart Gray would have got us to Wembley in the season Carlos managed it. 

And I think he would have done it again the following season, and that's without spending big bucks on Flectcher, Abdi and the like. Huge opportunity missed after he proved he could work on a shoestring just to see what he did if you offered him the shoe to go with it. 

Totally agree with your sentiments....a couple of quality players to add to the defensive strength would have seen us right up there

Guest Willow Owl
23 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

Honestly convinced that Stuart Gray would have got us to Wembley in the season Carlos managed it. 

And I think he would have done it again the following season, and that's without spending big bucks on Flectcher, Abdi and the like. Huge opportunity missed after he proved he could work on a shoestring just to see what he did if you offered him the shoe to go with it. 

Since leaving us, what has he actually achieved as a manager? Decent coach but lets not forget the football was dire. He was given the boot by Fulham as well this summer. I think that our current situation is clouding fans memories and judgement. 

43 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Totally agree with your sentiments....a couple of quality players to add to the defensive strength would have seen us right up there

if only the one with the money and so called experts/ money pinching advisors could see that, we all could.

On 19/08/2018 at 18:49, @owlstalk said:

If we'd stuck with him and developed academy lads fast we'd be doing better right now than our SPENDAGEDDON with Carlos 

Tickets would also have been £25 a game instead of the massive SPENDATHON to pay for SPENDAGEDDON

It was Chansiri who tried to buy promotion 

Wow, the hindsight mob are back in force again..lol

Think there was only a few of us said it was a bad move, should keep him...even if just moving him upstairs. The first big ballox DC made, though I suspect he took advice from his advisers and owlstalk.

Course got negged a zillion times...

Dinosaur, we need a trendy new foreign manager that plays sexy football....gray was a boring negative manager...blah blah blah.

4 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Wow, the hindsight mob are back in force again..lol

Think there was only a few of us said it was a bad move, should keep him...even if just moving him upstairs. The first big ballox DC made, though I suspect he took advice from his advisers and owlstalk.

Course got negged a zillion times...

Dinosaur, we need a trendy new foreign manager that plays sexy football....gray was a boring negative manager...blah blah blah.

He was to be fair.