Reinstate Stuart Gray

23 hours ago, Pale Rider said:

The last season under Stewart Gray was one of the worst in living memory. We scored about 2 goals from open play in home games before January. You muppets just want to pretend everything was great before Chansiri came in. At least have a convincing argument before starting one. 

He did a decent job with limited resources. Who knows what he'd have done if he'd had money to spend.

4 minutes ago, stevewhiterose said:

He had nothing compared to the money we've seen blown in the last few years.

In that case give it to Brian Laws had even less to spend but always tried to play attacking football. I’ve much fonder memories of that period. 

We managed just 43 League goals all season.

And just 5 home wins.

The football was dire and most folk on here were calling for him to go.

Severe case of rose tinted specs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014–15_Sheffield_Wednesday_F.C._season

Personally, I think he's a decent coach.  Still do, but he's not coming here.  Hull City fan- he could end up there.

This thread reminds me of people looking back on childhood British summers and (wrongly|) remembering wall to wall sun.

Gray was a nice guy but he was a defensive coach and it showed, some of the worst football at home in years, he was given money in the Jan window a bought the likes of Melo, Bus and Vermijl our early season away form was the only bright spot of a wretched season, the fact he's not in demand as a manager now tells you all you need to know.

Things are bad but SG aint the solution.

Two things.

1, If you were Stuart Gray, why would you return to work for a man/club that sacked you?

2, Those saying he should have been kept on as an Assistant or a defensive coach, why would you take a step back down after 18 months of the top job?

20 hours ago, Willow Owl said:

Since leaving us, what has he actually achieved as a manager? Decent coach but lets not forget the football was dire. He was given the boot by Fulham as well this summer. I think that our current situation is clouding fans memories and judgement. 

i think some people want to judge 'a clown who sp**ked a fortune, with a bloke who had the equivalent of what we spent on laces in the last 3 years for a t/f kitty, and judge them off an even keel.

I have to agree with other posters that I felt far more comfortable with the MM SG era than the current one. SG was quietly building something worthwhile on solid foundations. I’ll always associate him with the Leeds thrashing, which banished a few ghosts for me.

The one thing that niggled me about the MM period was that despite us making no star transfers we were still making annual losses. In fairness to MM any losses during his tenure were a reflection of the general financial madness within the game rather than mismanagement on his part.

Gray was very unpopular in last season despite doing a sensational job in sorting out a poor team with negative input of capital.

Manadaric brought Doyen in and made money out of us. So that offsets the good he did.

Jos has probably inherited worse situation than Stuart did. In players are olderand still have same problems. No manager will get current incumbents to sparkle.

We just need to hang in and give current manager a chance.

Nobody can turn turds into a diamonds.

38 minutes ago, Quist said:

Gray was very unpopular in last season despite doing a sensational job in sorting out a poor team with negative input of capital.

Manadaric brought Doyen in and made money out of us. So that offsets the good he did.

Jos has probably inherited worse situation than Stuart did. In players are olderand still have same problems. No manager will get current incumbents to sparkle.

We just need to hang in and give current manager a chance.

Nobody can turn turds into a diamonds.

Sure if you squeeze them enough they might. Lol