George Boyd

His performance last night would have confirmed what many have been saying.  He seemed to show little interest, and elementary fitness.  I watched him on and off the ball last night (from the away end at the SoL), and have seldom been less impressed by a player.  What happened to the buccaneer who played so well for Burnley??  He has given Jos an easy decision to make, based upon 90 minutes last night.  Very strange....

5 minutes ago, hangonrose said:

His performance last night would have confirmed what many have been saying.  He seemed to show little interest, and elementary fitness.  I watched him on and off the ball last night (from the away end at the SoL), and have seldom been less impressed by a player.  What happened to the buccaneer who played so well for Burnley??  He has given Jos an easy decision to make, based upon 90 minutes last night.  Very strange....

His heart isn't in it. Tbf looks like we've had a very negative impact on formerly a good player. 

Who was it, think Mcgeady said his time at Hillsborough almost made him quit the game.

Strange how this happens repeatedly.  Or maybe we just buy really badly!

Ps he was gashington stanley last night...

Edited by DuttyTeabags
Stanley

10 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

And yet he seemed to find half half a yard and look livelier when we put him higher up the position he's played most of his career in the last 15 minutes.

Yes.

It's a real mystery isn't it chaps.

It did look mental with him, first half he was either scared or disinterested at left back whereas second half when he was much higher he suddenly started moving around as though he was alive and not one of The Walking Dead™

14 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

And yet he seemed to find half half a yard and look livelier when we put him higher up the position he's played most of his career in the last 15 minutes.

Yes.

It's a real mystery isn't it chaps.

Adam Reach just got on with it. I think Boyd George needs to stop being so mardy.

5 minutes ago, פɹᴉɯqɐɹᴉɐu said:

It did look mental with him, first half he was either scared or disinterested at left back whereas second half when he was much higher he suddenly started moving around as though he was alive and not one of The Walking Dead™

To suddenly at 31 be asked to play a new role (with lots of defensive positioning and knowledge required) is going to see the lad look lost at times.  I don't go with all this 'he's always played wide he should be able ro do it.' It's a completley different role and the lad looks in no man's lands most of the time. Doesn't know when to go and when to stay like a natural fullback would. 

Totally different to being a wide player getting up and down and helping out his full back. 

I'm shocked people are shocked. 

You could see the weight lifted from his shoulders as soon as he was in areas where he knows what he's doing and where he's played for the best part of his career.

7 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

Adam Reach just got on with it. I think Boyd George needs to stop being so mardy.

Part mardyness perhaps. Though Reach has played LWB before he came to Hillsborough and has age , and pace, on his side.

Edited by Lord Snooty

I don't really like having a go at players other than in the heat of the moment but I have to admit, Boyd did very little yesterday and I found myself moaning about hime all the way through the game, he's another one who's turned out to be a poor signing on decent money.

1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

Part mardyness perhaps. Though Reach has played LWB before he came to Hillsborough and has age , and pace, on his side.

Yeah, true, but he had to play all over the shop and he just buckled down and did his best.

Maybe I am being a bit hard suggesting he has a poor attitude. Perhaps he is just struggling in the unfamiliar role.

He came to us with thanks, good lucks best wishes and not a bad word from the supporters at Burnley.

As I said earlier in the thread, I watched him up close from the North v Reading last season and was drawn to watching just him (like I was sort of stoned) by his sheer lack of energy, interest and desire.

Maybe it is purely down to him playing in that position and role and comes from either his discomfort or a protest at doing so but we and he may as well forget about it because we're virtually a man down he's that bad there.

Edited by sonofbert2

21 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

Yeah, true, but he had to play all over the shop and he just buckled down and did his best.

Maybe I am being a bit hard suggesting he has a poor attitude. Perhaps he is just struggling in the unfamiliar role.

I remember at school we had a master who used to say "If you can play football you should be able to play anywhere.  If I put the great Di Stefano at centre half or full back he'd be able to do it"

We all wanted to ask him in return our own simple question

"Sir, why would you want to play one of post war football's greatest strikers as centre half ?"

We didn't ask of course. The man was a brutal savage who took great pleasure and whipping young boys with a lent of ash.

But the question remains! 

Edited by Lord Snooty

He makes Sedgewick look quick and spends more time on his arse than madine.

That's how bad he is..

One moment summed him up last night early on when Bannan played him through.

The full back caught him in a couple of strides and then he just fell over. Shocking player for us.

On another note we are just crying out for some pace in the team, it's so painfully obvious