George Boyd

19 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Strong agreement there.  Buxton.

Got to get those players in there best roles.

That's the jigsaw that needs putting together.

baz.png

Kinnell Snoots. he’s good but not that good!

• Haha 1

Just now, Holmowl said:

Kinnell Snoots. he’s good but not that good!

You know what I mean, you swine!

Get out best players in their best positions.

The rest are going to be fillers anyway.

It's about getting those others in their least worst popsitions isn't it.

But get that wonky spine of our best where they need to be and we've got *a chance!

*A chance of staying up if we've docked enough points before the January firesale

spine.png

51 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

You know what I mean, you swine!

Get out best players in their best positions.

The rest are going to be fillers anyway.

It's about getting those others in their least worst popsitions isn't it.

But get that wonky spine of our best where they need to be and we've got *a chance!

*A chance of staying up if we've docked enough points before the January firesale

spine.png

Im a Luddite so can’t use your funky hi-tech pitch thingy, but I do agree your logic.

For me these are the certs in their best roles using only currently fit players:-

Hutch Lees Filler

Filler Filler Bannan Reach

Joao Nuhiu/Fletch FF

So I only have 3 fillers. 

4 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Im a Luddite so can’t use your funky hi-tech pitch thingy, but I do agree your logic.

For me these are the certs in their best roles using only currently fit players:-

Hutch Lees Filler

Filler Filler Bannan Reach

Joao Nuhiu/Fletch FF

So I only have 3 fillers. 

Brave enough for this?

spine.png

7 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Brave enough for this?

spine.png

Not for me, but not down to bravery.

First, imo we fans might as well accept we will be 3 at the back. 

Then...

Hutch - has to be CB. He will last a lot longer into the season and he is the second best CB on our books - ergo no brainer. 

Reach LWB every minute of every game. He’s made for the role.

Boyd - in his system we need a RWB but don’t have one. Boyd is the nearest we have and is a quality player, so yes that’s where he should play. Failing that he could be tried as a replacement for Joey.

Totally agree your front three, as do about 90% of us on here. 

3 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Not for me, but not down to bravery.

First, imo we fans might as well accept we will be 3 at the back. 

Then...

Hutch - has to be CB. He will last a lot longer into the season and he is the second best CB on our books - ergo no brainer. 

Reach LWB every minute of every game. He’s made for the role.

Boyd - in his system we need a RWB but don’t have one. Boyd is the nearest we have and is a quality player, so yes that’s where he should play. Failing that he could be tried as a replacement for Joey.

Totally agree your front three, as do about 90% of us on here. 

I don't agree we don't have an RWB. We've got Liam Palmer, and he smokes Marujana. 

For what it's worth if I had to pick the team I'd pick the team below. 

I'm not saying this should be the first team every week though. We have to use the squad, especially in the forward positions. We can't have this first team second team nonsense we had under Carlos. It means you've written off half the squad, which makes no sense. 

You've got to play Van Aken for him to learn. If he plays along side Lees, Pudil or Hutch then he'll soon learn to play consistently at this level. I'm sure he'll play at a higher level than this one day. 

If we rotate it will pay dividends with fitness / fatigue levels later in the season. We might not have the best players in the league, but I'm sure we've still got one of the biggest squads, that is why I'm not concerned about signings. 

I'm sure we're still on our way back

:luhukay:

Dave.     FF

Bannan, Joey, Boyd

Reach.                                       Palmer

Lees, Van Aken, Hutch

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, s8owl75 said:

I don't agree we don't have an RWB. We've got Liam Palmer, and he smokes Marujana. 

I'm not saying this should be the first team every week though. We have to use the squad, especially in the forward positions. We can't have this first team second team nonsense we had under Carlos. It means you've written off half the squad, which makes no sense. 

You've got to play Van Aken for him to learn. If he plays along side Lees, Pudil or Hutch then he'll soon learn to play consistently at this level. I'm sure he'll play at a higher level than this one day. 

If we rotate it will pay dividends with fitness / fatigue levels later in the season. We might not have the best players in the league, but I'm sure we've still got one of the biggest squads, that is why I'm not concerned about signings. 

Dave.     FF

Bannan, Joey, Boyd

Lees, Van Aken, Hutch

Not enough goals in that side.

The midfield three rarely score. Reach got only 3 from winger, So is unlikely to score much more from WB. Palmer doesn’t score and our defence score very few.

The big problem is up front. FF only scores freely from wide left or wide of a front 3.  Nuhiu found his scoring boots playing with Joao. We have to accept very soon that we need a front 3 to prosper.

Its not as if packing our midfield stops us conceding anyway.

I agree about the rotation this season. Cant afford to lose key players for two-thirds of the season by over-playing them.

17 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Not enough goals in that side.

The midfield three rarely score. Reach got only 3 from winger, So is unlikely to score much more from WB. Palmer doesn’t score and our defence score very few.

The big problem is up front. FF only scores freely from wide left or wide of a front 3.  Nuhiu found his scoring boots playing with Joao. We have to accept very soon that we need a front 3 to prosper.

Its not as if packing our midfield stops us conceding anyway.

I agree about the rotation this season. Cant afford to lose key players for two-thirds of the season by over-playing them.

I agree three up front makes sense to a certain extent, especially with all the strikers we have. Only problem is that means four at the back. Maybe with Lees and Hutch fit that's a possibility. 

I assume Jos defaulted to three / five at the back down to the dire injury crisis we had in January. Its also serves a purpose as the full backs can get forward more, but they have to have attacking intent, especially at home. 

In pre season Boyd looked like he'd worked very hard to get fit. He looked the fastest player in the side by a mile. 

Boyd has made a real effort to get fit. 

How is he rewarded. He's not played.

He definitely should have come on as sub the last match. Jl wasn't interested in bringing him on 

This is how Wednesday reward hard work. 

Abdi worked his proverbials off last season to get fit. He achieved it. How was he rewarded. Wednesday invented a fake injury. Apparently he had something stuck in his eye. That was the last time we heard of him 

Of course Boyd made a fatal error. He said in close season that our players weren't fit. This is obviously true. 

Wednesday don't tolerate the truth. Wednesday don't tolerate anything. 

I've been a massive critic of Boyd. But he's made a real effort to change and improve himself. 

It seems that Wednesday don't expect their players to be fit and try hard. 

This is all part of the reason we are in such a mess. There's no incentive at Hillsborough for players to better themselves. 

None whatsoever 

On 14/08/2018 at 21:35, s8owl75 said:

Dave.     FF

Bannan, Joey, Boyd

Lees, Van Aken, Hutch

FF should never play up front. He needs to play behind a front two. Bannan and someone else in middle. With that Reach has to play LWB to get us up the pitch. We have loads to pick from for the front two when fit. All decent.

7 hours ago, Mrmason69 said:

In pre season Boyd looked like he'd worked very hard to get fit. He looked the fastest player in the side by a mile. 

He definitely should have come on as sub the last match. Jl wasn't interested in bringing him on 

Abdi worked his proverbials off last season to get fit. He achieved it. How was he rewarded. Wednesday invented a fake injury. Apparently he had something stuck in his eye. That was the last time we heard of him 

Of course Boyd made a fatal error. He said in close season that our players weren't fit. This is obviously true. 

I've been a massive critic of Boyd. But he's made a real effort to change and improve himself. 

This is all part of the reason we are in such a mess. There's no incentive at Hillsborough for players to better themselves. 

None whatsoever 

Ever think you take this site to seriously?

13 hours ago, Mrmason69 said:

None whatsoever 

He said they were unfit under Carvalhal, his comments were complimentary of Jos. 

Worryingly like Sedgwick to me.

Everybody knows he's a good player with a good record but he looks like he's up to his nads in sand whenever he tries to run.  A 5 yard head start just vanishes.

The build up play in general is slow and lethargic to be fair, it's not just Boyd. But he seems to be struggling more than others.