George Boyd

7 hours ago, sonofbert2 said:

CC was never a fraud but perhaps a bit of a ShitMourinho is a fairer insult.  Bit like Wilder is potentially just a ShitWarnock.

I like the notion that everyone has a shitversion of themselves!! of course, some are that version. lol

• Haha 1

Dem Blunts sign Oliver Norwood and posters on here are stating he is a great signing because he has won promotion twice from this league.

How many promotions has Boyd won from this division, or Jones, Hooper, FF?.

With Boyd's fitness and engine, maybe he could do the attacking, box to box player thingy?.

Edited by adelphi1867

i certainly think he could, but isn't he injured, or has he got over that.

My thought , dare I say it, is how do we get he best out of Bannan?

Don't get me wrong, I'm a Bannan fan, his energy level is unique, but a lot of his running is for nothing, and it seems that no-one has yet decided is the question is he an attacking or defending midfielder. He plays his soul out wherever, but, when he turns defensive, he leaves a gap which is invariably filled with attackers. This has the effect of throttling any attack threat. When, as in the second half on Sat, he went into attacking mode he , and we, became a threat. He must however practice shots from outside the area. 

3 hours ago, adelphi1867 said:

Dem Blunts sign Oliver Norwood and posters on here are stating he is a great signing because he has won promotion twice from this league.

How many promotions has Boyd won from this division, or Jones, Hooper, FF?.

With Boyd's fitness and engine, maybe he could do the attacking, box to box player thingy?.

Boyd's a good player.

So is Abdi.

Ditto Rhodes.

It's us, or rather it was Carlos.

It's not all about injury.

We saw it at Swansea in the latter stages of his tenure there.

SWFC is a graveyard for player careers, and one of the reasons why we never make a profit on players. Off the top of my head, of all the players we’ve brought in during the last 3 years, I can’t think of any that have improved. 

1 minute ago, vulva said:

SWFC is a graveyard for player careers, and one of the reasons why we never make a profit on players. Off the top of my head, of all the players we’ve brought in during the last 3 years, I can’t think of any that have improved. 

Completely agree - my take would be the choice of managers during that period 

2 minutes ago, stevenbrookseyowl said:

Completely agree - my take would be the choice of managers during that period 

Fair point. The 2 main issues we’ve had since DC came in have been recruitment and sales. United have sold Brooks, and brought in Egan, McGoldrick, Woodburn, Henderson and Norwood. And money in the bank. 

They are far stronger as a result. I’d do exactly the same with FF. But for some odd reason neither DC or the fans want to consider it. Some very odd emotional attachment to what is in effect an asset that is depreciating in value every day. 

3 hours ago, Buxtongent said:

i certainly think he could, but isn't he injured, or has he got over that.

My thought , dare I say it, is how do we get he best out of Bannan?

Don't get me wrong, I'm a Bannan fan, his energy level is unique, but a lot of his running is for nothing, and it seems that no-one has yet decided is the question is he an attacking or defending midfielder. He plays his soul out wherever, but, when he turns defensive, he leaves a gap which is invariably filled with attackers. This has the effect of throttling any attack threat. When, as in the second half on Sat, he went into attacking mode he , and we, became a threat. He must however practice shots from outside the area. 

Strong agreement there.  Buxton.

Got to get those players in there best roles.

That's the jigsaw that needs putting together.

baz.png