Why has Jones been banished?

2 hours ago, Utah Owl said:

What if either in Jones contract or the buying contract from Burnley another game or two sees us having to pay more either in add on fees or weekly wages? Given that we are up shyte creek without a canoe, let alone a paddle financially it would explain why he isn't getting a look in. Same could also apply to Westwood.

What if my auntie had....

Unlikely. They are usually at milestone numbers. Jones has played 51 games for us, so you'd have expected that to happen at 50, if it was a clause. 

Lets say there is a clause in Jones' contract that after 52 games Burnley are given a fee or Jones gets a new deal or something. Tell us that. It's no secret we're paddling up a certain creek to anybody. So at least give some clarification.

If that were the case (I don't believe for one minute it is), the supporters would understand the situation. As it is, and the longer it goes on, it's just going to continue to raise more questions...like the Westwood situation is doing. And it's Jos who comes out looking a fool.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, legendaryswan said:

Much of the game passes him by,I cant see what hes added to the team since his introduction,were crying out for a box to box Carlton type in there.and we bring in the opposite.

Our recruitments been shocking the last couple of seasons

That might be the case, of which very few will disagree with you on. 

But he'd still improve the current XI. 

13 minutes ago, frastheowl said:

That might be the case, of which very few will disagree with you on. 

But he'd still improve the current XI. 

For me Sasso would have been ideal for a commanding DCM role,slotted in as defensive cover when needed,missed the boat big time,had FAR bigger balls then joeyP,loved having the ball and was always looking to influence a game,eye for a goal as well

• Like 1

a guy whose on 25 million a week and £9 million appearance fee should be playing ,Jos must be seeing things differently in training .wasnt long ago jones was linked with the elite teams like bury,Macclesfield and Crawley who offered way more money but jones is a keen dogger and Sheffield as some of the best spots

so I've been told

Edited by welsOwl74
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, BIGRUSS said:

Really? I thought I’d read somewhere that he’s a lifelong Owls fan.

I’ve heard Pelupessy is a life long blade too. Well i mean it looks it the way he’s passes it to the opposition every week.

30 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

I don’t think there’s any real difference between JP and DJ other than physical build. Always admired jones as a player but he’s been dissapointing here, possibly due to the role he has been asked to play but we need an aggressive anchor.

I've been told I'm an aggressive anchor.

It's usually after I've had a few pints though, so I may have misheard.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I reckon Wednesday think by freezing these players out..telling th3m they have no future here etc they coun5 on the players forcing a move away or summat..but what actually happens they just fester away in the background till the very last minute of their contracts..nobody wants our players cus of the money they are on..we will end up with more mcgugans ..players just hangin around