Fletch

1 minute ago, s6 owl said:

Weird game from him, played well but also cost us all 3 points

You could also say our defense and midfield dawdling on the ball, drawing the opposition into our own half, cost us two points today in the first half. Each player has a part to play in the result. Fletcher played well. I'd start him against his old club on Thursday for sure. 

He was very good today. He did more for the team the FF. Yes he should have scored at least 2, but on another day he puts them away easily. He was also very isolated too as the link up was so slow and laborious. With a more direct midfield pushing on, we score more goals and fletch gets his fill. 

His fitness is not quite there and he was knackered 10 minutes before he was brought off. Even so, he was gutted when he was taken off. Fully fit he starts for me. Just needs support and supply. 

I thought he was shocking today. Three gilt edged chances and nothing to show for them. As others have said Nuhiu would have got dogs abuse for missing chances like that and I hold my hands up for being someone that has. I couldn't believe fans stood around me giving him a standing ovation for what was a poor performance. I'm sure Steven will console himself with the £35K he will pick up for his weeks work. Maybe if our players can create 4 or 5 chances for him in his next game he might manage to find the back of the net. Let's hope so and please spare us the "frustrated player" bit on the Skybet advert and get on with the flipping game instead.

8 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

I thought he was shocking today. Three gilt edged chances and nothing to show for them. As others have said Nuhiu would have got dogs abuse for missing chances like that and I hold my hands up for being someone that has. I couldn't believe fans stood around me giving him a standing ovation for what was a poor performance. I'm sure Steven will console himself with the £35K he will pick up for his weeks work. Maybe if our players can create 4 or 5 chances for him in his next game he might manage to find the back of the net. Let's hope so and please spare us the "frustrated player" bit on the Skybet advert and get on with the flipping game instead.

Bit harsh!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Watson said:

Missed two golden opportunities and got applauded off.  Bizzare 

Yep I agree. He's paid to score goals and actually had 3 really good chances, of which he should have scored at least one, fully fit or not. Besides missing chances, the other parts of his game were not bad. Hopefully will improve with games.

5 hours ago, Ironman said:

Thought he was was really good today in an average performance. Won so much in the air, provided good link up play, was mobile and a threat. Gets in great positions and can put those 3 missed chances down to rustiness surely.

When hoopers back him and fletch have to start for me, with FF just behind. Our wealth of attaching options are embarrassing really, when you think how light our midfield and defence is.

I thought he played well outside the box but for a striker who's earning £30k+ a week missing those three chances is unforgivable. 

"Put it down to rustiness"?  I was never very good at football and I've not played for 12 years, but I reckon I'd have scored at least one of them. 

Steven Fletcher is one of those players I find it hard to warm to.

Big wages, big ego, big injuries, next to no goals. 
Supposed to be a big hard centre forward and every time a cross comes in he knows he is not going get hits the floor looking for pen. I know he is not the only one to engage in this gamesmanship but does annoy me. Stay on your feet!!!

On paper at least, it looks like FF and Fletcher should be a decent partnership. One of the championship's best players alongside someone's who's played most his career in the PL. 

They should compliment each other and it should work. Not sure why it hasn't in the past. Maybe Carlos and his tactics? 

Encouraging signs on Saturday though. Certainly had enough chances between them.

Guest Grez Bez

You can't judge a player on what you think he earns. Let the football do the talking.

I feel Fletcher is one of those players who you like if you've played the game and don't if you haven (and think a striker should only score goals). Clever player with good movement who brings other into the game.

He of course should have done better with his chances but it happens...