Fletch

1 hour ago, cookeh said:

ok, so..

#1 is possible to play well and not score goals.. even as a striker. as numerous people have said, fletch's all round play was good. he made space, bought people into play and had a good game. to me, to reduce all strikers to "but did he score?" is a bit silly a juvenile as a view of football. it's simply not that black and white.

#2 the demand that he put away the chances just ignores the context. he wasn't supposed to start. Nuhiu got himself suspended and joao had a knock.. so we had to turn to fletch without him having had enough game time to get sharp. turns out he needs another game or two to find his edge, and that's absolutely no surprise to anyone who is paying attention to the context surrounding him playing.

#3 in your post just before the quoted one you say it was bizarre that anyone clapped him. really? a player who isn't fit comes in, clearly puts a shift in, tries his best, is gutted to have missed chances.. undoubtedly tried his best and did his best on the day.. and you're against clapping him. 10/10 for being a fan.

so there ya go. that's why in my opinion you earned a neg.

feel free to follow up and maybe earn a +.. who knows.

So thats ok then. Lets all put an arm around Stevie boy because he s probably gutted he missed 3 gilt edge chances. Then all is forgiven. If he isn't fit then he shouldn't have played or is that his get out of jail card. No one is questioning his work ethics just that by your account that this fantastic player is allowed to miss 3 yes 3 gilt edge chances. Can't wait for Nuhiu to come back in. Neg away matey. You know where the button is.

2 minutes ago, CLswfc said:

If he isn't fit then he shouldn't have played

err.. agreed.

But who would you have played instead?

rhodes is busy scoring for norwich.

winnall is injured.

joao's injured.

Hooper's injured.

nuhiu's suspended.

so.. you'd pick?

17 minutes ago, CLswfc said:

Nuhiu was given the opportunity to stake a claim as a starter in that side and took it with both hands.  The stats back this up 100%., and he as caarfried on where he left off last season.  Enough said. Not too fussed about what he did under CC  its what he as been doing under the currennt manager what really counts  JL as given the yound uns more confidence in blooding these who all in all have taken their chances very well. The same can be said about Joao. One or two on here dont like the fact Nuhiu is the main striker at the club at this present time. Christ, if Nuhiu had missed those chances that fell to Fletcher there would have been a total meltdown on here. The problem with Fletcher and quite possibly the same with Hooper, its the inevitability of them being injured at some point or points during the season. 

Never disputed what you're saying. I've said Nuhiu should continue up until a point where it stops happening or situations/circumstances change. Of course you wouldnt drop him now.

I just said that Fletcher has played 1 game in 9+ months so deserves some leeway r.e. his missed chances. He will have to fight for his place in the starting XI when he gets sub appearances.  

1 hour ago, cookeh said:

err.. agreed.

But who would you have played instead?

rhodes is busy scoring for norwich.

winnall is injured.

joao's injured.

Hooper's injured.

nuhiu's suspended.

so.. you'd pick?

FF and re shuffle the midfield. Not hard is it. Or what about the young lad who you would pick against Sunderland. So what now.....................

Almost forgot, Matias who you would use as a striker against Sunderland. Thats three. So you would still have an half fit striker playing then. So what now.............

15 hours ago, CLswfc said:

Almost forgot, Matias who you would use as a striker against Sunderland. Thats three. So you would still have an half fit striker playing then. So what now.............

:tango:

To your points.. if you can call them that..

Borukov is fine to get a run in a cup game against a lower league club, for me. Would I start him against an ex-prem team that we could do with 3 points from? No. Wouldn't even enter my head to do so. the only reason he'd get a run against Sunderland would be because of the injury situation with our strikers and the need to protect Fletch a bit until he's back 100%. That you suggest using Borukov against Hull is frankly a bit silly.

As for Matias.. I don't see him and a center forward. can he play wide of a front 3? yes. but we played 2 up top against Hull, and for me he can't do that well enough.

So get over your childish 'what now's and try actually thinking things thru like a grown up. ta.

43 minutes ago, cookeh said:

Borukov is fine to get a run in a cup game against a lower league club, for me. Would I start him against an ex-prem team that we could do with 3 points from? No. Wouldn't even enter my head to do so. the only reason he'd get a run against Sunderland would be because of the injury situation with our strikers and the need to protect Fletch a bit until he's back 100%. That you suggest using Borukov against Hull is frankly a bit silly.

As for Matias.. I don't see him and a center forward. can he play wide of a front 3? yes. but we played 2 up top against Hull, and for me he can't do that well enough.

So get over your childish 'what now's and try actually thinking things thru like a grown up. ta.

"We play for points" in the carabao cup now...............................awesome.:luhukay:

Edited by DELUDED OWL

5 hours ago, DELUDED OWL said:

"We play for points" in the carabao cup now...............................awesome.:luhukay:

read it again...

"Borukov is fine to get a run in a cup game against a lower league club, for me. Would I start him against an ex-prem team that we could do with 3 points from? No "

the "ex-prem team we could do with 3 points from" i was referring to was hull.
sunderland are the lower league club in the cup.. no point to be gained there.

hull are the team we played in the league.. so yes.. points involved.

always helps to read rather than just try and be smug.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, cookeh said:

read it again...

"Borukov is fine to get a run in a cup game against a lower league club, for me. Would I start him against an ex-prem team that we could do with 3 points from? No "

the "ex-prem team we could do with 3 points from" i was referring to was hull.
sunderland are the lower league club in the cup.. no point to be gained there.

hull are the team we played in the league.. so yes.. points involved.

always helps to read rather than just try and be smug.

Oh god, joviality my man..... Christ its like wading thru waves of cack to get a laugh/smile on here. 

5 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Oh god, joviality my man..... Christ its like wading thru waves of cack to get a laugh/smile on here. 

well try making "jokes" that make at least a half bit of sense and you might be more successful.

3 minutes ago, cookeh said:

well try making "jokes" that make at least a half bit of sense and you might be more successful.

Was meant to be "humerous" not a joke. 

Wow, reckon i need to just go with the flow then, just be on a massive downer with everything.

Edited by DELUDED OWL

8 hours ago, cookeh said:

You really hate being shot down . Are you an only child by any chance. It was you who put these players up front not me then you shoot yourself in the foot by saying they are not really forwards or they wouldnt be any good against ex premiership sides. So whats Sunddsrland then.  Classic pal. 

1 hour ago, CLswfc said:

You really hate being shot down . Are you an only child by any chance. It was you who put these players up front not me then you shoot yourself in the foot by saying they are not really forwards or they wouldnt be any good against ex premiership sides. So whats Sunddsrland then.  Classic pal. 

trolling to the max. good good. just what our fanbase needs more of.

you clearly didn't understand what i wrote. good on you.