Fletch

Thought he was was really good today in an average performance. Won so much in the air, provided good link up play, was mobile and a threat. Gets in great positions and can put those 3 missed chances down to rustiness surely.

When hoopers back him and fletch have to start for me, with FF just behind. Our wealth of attaching options are embarrassing really, when you think how light our midfield and defence is.

1 minute ago, Ironman said:

Thought he was was really good today in an average performance. Won so much in the air, provided good link up play, was mobile and a threat. Gets in great positions and can put those 3 missed chances down to rustiness surely.

When hoopers back him and fletch have to start for me, with FF just behind. Our wealth of attaching options are embarrassing really, when you think how light our midfield and defence is.

So lets worry about midfield and defence, upfront we are strong but only if we avoid the long-term injuries

2 minutes ago, Dandrewchaz said:

The more matches he plays the sharper he'll get but do you let Nuhiu come straight back in or do you leave Fletcher? I'd keep Fletcher in for the cup game to build up that sharpness. Can't wait for Hooper to come back.

Have to say there would be absolute hell on here if Nuhiu had missed half the chances Fletcher contrived to miss today.

Fletchers otherwise good performance was totally wasted.

Nuhiu in his current form would have won us the game today.

1 minute ago, Blatter said:

Have to say there would be absolute hell on here if Nuhiu had missed half the chances Fletcher contrived to miss today.

Fletchers otherwise good performance was totally wasted.

Nuhiu in his current form would have won us the game today.

Agree but unfortunately banned today for being stupid last week

2 minutes ago, debram said:

Agree but unfortunately banned today for being stupid last week

Yep should have known better.

Especially with the oafish Tim Robinson once again being only too willing to send a Wednesday player off. He has previous.

17 minutes ago, Ironman said:

He had a good game and looked dangerous. Always does. Shame about the finishing today. All the strikers will have a role to play this year. Ironically at times today he could have done with another striker alongside him FF played too wide for me. 

Just now, s8owl75 said:

He had a good game and looked dangerous. Always does. Shame about the finishing today. All the strikers will have a role to play this year. Ironically at times today he could have done with another striker alongside him FF played too wide for me. 

Yeah FF just seems to naturally pull wide when played as a  Centre forward.

2 minutes ago, Watson said:

Missed two golden opportunities and got applauded off.  Bizzare 

He turned up and put in a shift and got in position to take the chances. He's been a long time out. I can remember a time when he would have taken the chances. I believe that day will return, soon. 

2 minutes ago, Ironman said:

Yeah FF just seems to naturally pull wide when played as a  Centre forward.

I don't doubt that's good for FF, but Fletch looked isolated. And when Fletch went wide there were times when their was no one up front. I trust Jos saw this. 

We were more direct towards the end. We always look more effective when we play more direct. 

22 minutes ago, Dandrewchaz said:

The more matches he plays the sharper he'll get but do you let Nuhiu come straight back in or do you leave Fletcher? I'd keep Fletcher in for the cup game to build up that sharpness. Can't wait for Hooper to come back.

Fletcher shouldn’t play 30 seconds in the cup game. Cotton-wool.

Strictly reserves only Thursday. We are threadbare!!!!

Just now, s8owl75 said:

He turned up and put in a shift and got in position to take the chances. He's been a long time out. I can remember a time when he would have taken the chances. I believe that day will return, soon. 

Sorry mate he's a professional footballer and as a striker, he failed today to do his job of scoring goals, the chances he failed to take were routine and should have been put away.  

1 minute ago, Watson said:

Sorry mate he's a professional footballer and as a striker, he failed today to do his job of scoring goals, the chances he failed to take were routine and should have been put away.  

Do you think he should have been booed or simply blanked as he left the field, and what would that achieve?