#SWFC NEWS | Mansfield report racist abuse offence to police and FA

12 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

It will be very difficult to prove. I will be very surprised if he gets charged. 

Exactly. It's going to be basically down to one persons word against another. I know there will be evidence from the both sets of players, but I think we can predict what they are going to say, so it's going to be difficult to draw any solid conclusions from that.

If FF denies the allegations, and his team mates back him up, I don't see how the charge can stick. If the club are getting behind him, it would appear that FF has denied the accusations, so we shall see.

Presumably the ref. didn't hear anything, if he had, it would be cut and dried, and FF would have been charged already.

I may be wrong, but my personal opinion is that they're trying to draw attention away from the violent behaviour of some of their players. I'm not saying ours were totally innocent but the reaction from them, was totally OTT. Counter charge Wednesday!!

15 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

What, even if they were well aware that a number of misconduct charges were going to be coming their way backed up with much stronger evidence than the flimsy hearsay allegations of Racism they claim.

Get your defence in first with probably the ONLY defence where the normal rules of innocent till proven guilty are thrown in the bin and the old rule of 'No smoke without fire' takes precedence. 

Mansfield know this, the guy who should be on a Police charge for assault will know this, and no doubt the board (if they actually have a board) of Mansfield Town will know this.

A small club like these toe rags cannot afford to have a couple of their key players banned, so let the issue do it's own work and fester for a few days & sure enough, before it dies down, resurrect it with today's statement. 

'Get out of Jail free', do not pass go, do not collect £200. Go straight to the double standards penitentiary where the 'guilty of simply being accused' are sent and usually on a life sentence with no remission.

The thug who attacked FF & presumably numerous others that night? How dare you infer he was to blame. Have you not heard of the old adage 'innocent till proven guilty'.

Well said that man! Post of the thread. 

I genuinely don't think FF would make a racist  remark, doesn't seem in his character. Can't see what evidence there would be to support an allegation and Mansfield  did themselves  no favours with their shenanigans at full time.

As I recall recently there have been a couple of allegations which were unproven, even with TV evidence so can't see this amounting to much as the bar to uphold a complaint seems to be higher than just making  an allegation. 

I think quite rightly society and football  is becoming more diligent, less afraid of racism and able to identify a true racist incident, of which I don't think this is one.

Guest Manwithastick

I hope to goodness he didn't say anything, including the Spanish word negra. 

What is sickening however is that I have to share support of SWFC with fucktardmorons who think that 'even if he did say it, it's just name calling and adults

shouldn't be going to the police'. The levels of racism on here make me sick.  

Just now, Manwithastick said:

What is sickening however is that I have to share support of SWFC with fucktardmorons who think that 'even if he did say it, it's just name calling and adults

There's zero racism on this site

There are however a number of obvious racists who you can just tell have burning racist tendencies within them and almost let it slip from time to time

Owlstalk Shop

I think it’s pretty difficult mindful of the holgate firmino case where it was one word against the other. Presumably the team mates would back each other and cant be wholly credible.

But this is swfc so with our luck it’ll probably cost us. 

1 hour ago, The Captain said:

Innocent until proven guilty and all that.

I really hope it’s b*llocks because FF is a great player.  But there really is no place for racism in football.

Still, what an awful sh*tty time for this news to come through.  Right before the season starts.

All for the sake of a tin pot friendly at a tin pot club.

18 minutes ago, Manwithastick said:

I've plussed one of those posts, and I do hope I'm not going to be labelled a racist, purely because I object to police time being wasted. 

The World has gone mad. Photographs of physical assault that if it were anywhere else but on a football pitch you’d be under arrest immediately. A game of he said you said is investigated with the sword of Damocles hanging over the person concerned.

I condone non of it. Footballers and clubs need to take a long hard look at themselves. It’s a game of football and friendly at that. No winners or losers here but the game itself. Only the people involved know what really happened and should hang their heads in shame.

• Like 1

I’ve said it in other threads, but IF he did make a racist comment it doesn’t make him a racist. We need to back him, but if he is found guilty he needs punishing accordingly. Not justifying anything, I just think anyone is capable of saying the wrong thing in the heat of the moment. Sad situation all round. 

I do just want to say I am genuinely surprised at some of the excuses in this thread and others. Ones like how can he understand Spanish’s. It’s pretty damn easy when someone is making a racist remark especially in a language such as Spanish where people will know the words. 

Others stating it’s just words. It Afeels like we are living 30 years in the past. Anyone that has had this kind of abuse or comments thrown at them will tell you it ain’t just words and feels completely different to other insults. I’m amazed that people don’t understand that these words can carry hate and division. The reason they can dig so deep is because it’s rooted in history. To me I see it as someone saying I’m better than you because of the colour your skin. Having seen it and experienced it in the past it’s almost impossible to keep calm like you can easily in other situations. 

I do however think this could have been handled better by Mansfield though. Some kinda of mediation rather than making a complaint to the FA and police. They are completely within their rights to do so though.

Just make sure we report their player/players for assault. Don’t deal with Mansfield or Flitcroft again. No loans, no friendlies etc. 

It’ll be almost impossible but hopefully the truth comes out. Even if found guilty I’d like the club to stick with Fernando and go down the proper channels. Even though he will know better. Nowadays in these situations clubs and employers go down training and educating paths. That, along with a fine/gesture to charity would help the situation IF guilty.

28 minutes ago, Manwithastick said:

I bet if Dave Jones or Malcom Fox made a racist remark they wouldnt get the backing from a lot of fans that FF would.

Being a star player allows you to get away with murder at times.

Although FF is currently innocent of this to me at moment until proven otherwise. If guilty should be sold.

6 minutes ago, daztheowl said:

I've plussed one of those posts, and I do hope I'm not going to be labelled a racist, purely because I object to police time being wasted. 

May I ask why you see it as wasting police time? Or do you mean this incident specifically? I do feel it could have been dealt with better. However reporting a racist incident isn’t and shouldn’t be classed as wasting police time. 

The only way I could agree with your point is the fact that the police are very understaffed and should/will prioritise more serious crimes. 

I’m not saying it’s not serious, but I think rape, murder and drugs etc trump racism

• Like 1

Guest Manwithastick
3 minutes ago, steveger said:

I don't think our Fernando is a racist, he has black team mates FFS !

We have black posters along side you on here but I'm pretty certain of your proudly displayed feelings. You're not edgy or funny Steve, you're 

just a bore.

Edited by Manwithastick

34 minutes ago, CLswfc said:

All for the sake of a tin pot friendly at a tin pot club.

Innit.

If he'd hung in there a little bit longer he could have called Salah a terrorist or something instead.

No ambition, footballers these days.

• Haha 2

Guest Kameron

He’s innocent until proven guilty in my eyes, we back him all the way, if he’s found guilty he takes his punishment.  We’ll never know what was said if anything.  It’s time we we manned the fo ok up and and got behind the players and manager instead of ripping em appart before the season has even started.  Let the powers that be deal with what’s alleged and get on with supporting the club the best we can, yeah we’re up against it but I didn’t see too many concerns about FFP when walking down Wembley way.  Let’s not bring our own club down.