#SWFC NEWS | Mansfield report racist abuse offence to police and FA

1 minute ago, BIG D said:

From that very Twitter thread.

Hopefully looking a long ban for this

04A047DC-4352-4733-A7A4-5FDA1CCEFA1C.thumb.jpeg.dd73c7da84b737e5d24c9599a66e7343.jpeg

That's only physical abuse though :picnic:

I don't see the point of this thread tbh ... 

No one knows what was said and the OP will close the thread, as soon as anything close to a debate rears its ugly head 

We do know though, that culturally South American countries treat all verbal abuse equally and we don't 

Hopefully no illegal words were uttered.

From a footballing POV, hopefully this isn't a Di Canio / Suarez incident, to engineer a transfer 

1 minute ago, Offside_Owl said:

This is going to take months and months to come to a conclusion because the police investigation will have to come first before any FA disciplinary probe.

My concern is how Forestieri is gonna cope with that going on.

Could mess with his head to the point he doesn't play how he normally does, and could even lead to him thinking 'sod this' and heading off abroad to another club to get away from the stress in much the same way Jim Morrison moved to Paris when he got busted for showing his willy wonka at one of his last gigs.

Owlstalk Shop

Will end up the same as the Jay Rodriguez situation

A lose lose scenario for him regardless of the outcome  

Assume by FF involvement in the Villarreal game means we have heard his side of the story and we’re happy enough to back him/ continue to play him etc

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

My concern is how Forestieri is gonna cope with that going on.

Could mess with his head to the point he doesn't play how he normally does, and could even lead to him thinking 'sod this' and heading off abroad to another club to get away from the stress in much the same way Jim Morrison moved to Paris when he got busted for showing his willy wonka at one of his last gigs.

My first thought

Minus the cap end 

In the absence of supporting evidence its highly unlikely this will escalate, assuming no admissions from FF. 

IF supporting evidence is obtained such as statements from other players then it could become an issue. 

2 minutes ago, BRUCE LEE said:

Will end up the same as the Jay Rodriguez situation

A lose lose scenario for him regardless of the outcome  

Assume by FF involvement in the Villarreal game means we have heard his side of the story and we’re happy enough to back him/ continue to play him etc

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This.

1 minute ago, BANJO59 said:

If FF said ***** then that is spanish for black could have been miss heard so no offence.

Unless he was discussing the colour of the new shorts, I can't see why he'd have a random outburst that included the word "black" unless there was a racial connotation to it? :blink:

6 minutes ago, camffiti said:

That's only physical abuse though :picnic:

I don't see the point of this thread tbh ... 

No one knows what was said and the OP will close the thread, as soon as anything close to a debate rears its ugly head 

We do know though, that culturally South American countries treat all verbal abuse equally and we don't 

Hopefully no illegal words were uttered.

From a footballing POV, hopefully this isn't a Di Canio / Suarez incident, to engineer a transfer 

Making racist comments is a strange way to engineer a transfer. Don't think clubs will be queuing up to take him on immediately it is is proven, which hopefully it won't be. Not likely to get a transfer on this basis this window with it hanging over him.  

20 minutes ago, Watson said:

If FF says he didn't say it, then whats the next move for the authorities? Surely it's one's word against another's, just can't see how they can prove it one way or the other.  

There will be other Mansfield players no doubt backing up their captains version of events to deflect from their own behaviour ... 6 days to get their stories straight ... Utter tvvats 

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Making racist comments is a strange way to engineer a transfer.

I didn't mean that this was engineered in any way mate - more that he could just get stressed out now it's been reported and just wanna get away from it all

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, thatladfromchap said:

Tbf Pearce did look really really REALLY annoyed as he walked off the pitch.. and Spanish speaking nations are long renowned to be quite flippant with the old racial insults...hope its not true but wouldnt surprise me if it is. Depressing stuff.

TBF I'd look really really REALLY annoyed if I'd just drop kicked somebody and they didn't go down. :picnic:

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

There will be other Mansfield players no doubt backing up their captains version of events to deflect from their own behaviour ... 6 days to get their stories straight ... Utter tvvats 

Playing a dangerous game alleging they heard something they didn't though. Serious business making a false statement on something like this and would be able to consider whether they did hear anything in relation to their proximity to the incident in comparison to the referee, it as it appears, he didn't hear anything.