#SWFC NEWS | Mansfield report racist abuse offence to police and FA

4 minutes ago, BIG D said:

From that very Twitter thread.

Hopefully the tw@t will be looking at a long ban for this

04A047DC-4352-4733-A7A4-5FDA1CCEFA1C.thumb.jpeg.dd73c7da84b737e5d24c9599a66e7343.jpeg

Surely you’d apply same logic and press charges for assault. One is far easier proved than the other. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, daftpenguin said:

Worrying. As mentioned, innocent until proven guilty etc and I have my doubts as to whether Pearce heard what he thinks he heard, but if it's true I hope we sell Forestieri to the highest bidder. Racism is abhorrent and has no place in football.

If FF says he didn't say it, then whats the next move for the authorities? Surely it's one's word against another's, just can't see how they can prove it one way or the other.  

How do you go about proving or disproving this? 

I'd imagine review of the footage plus witness statements etc... but apart from any physical violence (looks like quite a lot from Mansfield), how can it get beyond anything more than "it's our word vs theirs"? As has been said... if the ref heard it he would have shown red. If he hasn't, then I don't see how this can be fairly or objectively resolved either way

Just now, Watson said:

If FF says he didn't say it, then whats the next move for the authorities? Surely it's one's word against another's, just can't see how they can prove it one way or the other.  

Im guessing they’ll call for witnesses and ask Fernando his version of events and come to some sort of informed decision. 

Just now, StudentOwl said:

How do you go about proving or disproving this? 

I'd imagine review of the footage plus witness statements etc... but apart from any physical violence (looks like quite a lot from Mansfield), how can it get beyond anything more than "it's our word vs theirs"? As has been said... if the ref heard it he would have shown red. If he hasn't, then I don't see how this can be fairly or objectively resolved either way

If the ref would have heard anything I’m guessing we’ll have heard about an fa charge by now 

17 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Just as a heads up there will be zero tolerance on this thread with regards to what will and won't be tolerated

Just seen the twitter thread on the Mansfield tweet and let's just say there'll be none of that on here

Ta

Theres no room for manoeuvre then pal? 

• Haha 1

Something very similar happened recently with Bong of BHA & Jay Rodriguez from WBA 

it was all a lot of hot air, and unfortunately for Jay Rodriguez affected him mentally through defamation of character. In the end he was found innocent. 

in this day and age the race card is chucked about too easily & often, and personally the accuser should carry a large fine/ban if they have been found to making allegations up.

on the other hand if FF is found guilty, of which I highly doubt. there should be no place at SWFC

back him to the hilt 

• Thanks 1

Just now, WayneTheOwl said:

It’s easy to prove FF did it when the rent a witnesses come along....

...and it's easy to disprove it, saying he was misheard as he was speaking in Spanish.  Why would he say the 'N' word if he was speaking in Spanish?

I can't see anything coming of this. 

1 minute ago, Libertine said:

Im guessing they’ll call for witnesses and ask Fernando his version of events and come to some sort of informed decision. 

Yeah, guess you are right but witnesses can lie or mishear, in the general melee of the event, it would be difficult to pick out a word with any accuracy.