What does the club expect of Jos this season?

2 hours ago, Cosby Blunkett said:

Not what do we expect, but what does the Chairman expect? 

If it was a game of Champ Manager...

"Sheffield Wednesday expect you to  ........................... in the Championship this season"

I don't know, have you asked him?  Personally I think having expectations is extremely foolish and ultimately leads to disappointment 

2 minutes ago, pgmetcalf said:

I don't know, have you asked him?  Personally I think having expectations is extremely foolish and ultimately leads to disappointment 

I think its reasonable to have expectations relative to the prices we pay.

15 minutes ago, pgmetcalf said:

I've not asked The Chairman, I was inviting you to speculate on what his expectations were, do feel free to partake or indeed not.

You are more than entitled to think them foolish, but as a rule employers tend to have expectations of their employees. 

• Haha 1

Guest samowl
2 hours ago, Dandrewchaz said:

I agree. I think realistically it wont be Jos's team until the 20/21 season so he's currently working with someone else's players (albeit some very good ones). Its difficult to know if he has ones which fit his system or how many changes he wants to make. 

Agree with this . After this coming season most of the big earners wil have gone. 

Carry on wi end of season form and who knows. 

Jos did great to transform a team heading for league 1 to a team playing good stuff and hammering team and getting best of many players on the way. 

Excited to see. 

1 minute ago, Prince said:

How can we expect to finish higher than last season when our squad is weaker than last season and not new additions. If anyone thinks we will be up there then they are on Spice.

Because our best players, who were out for most of last season, are back in contention. 

Forestieri, Bannan, Lees, Lee, Fletcher, Hooper

Guest Theboylangers

I think any semblance of a poor start to the season and he will come under pressure and scrutiny from both the Chairman and the fans. 

Let's hope we get off to a flyer for a change. 

Aim is to improve and do better than the previous season, so last season was a massive let down. So we have to improve dramatically to get back on top of things. 

We are paying more than any other season so us as fans will be expecting better things and so we should.

3 hours ago, Lincs Owl said:

We finished 13th I think last season.  Since then we've lost Rhodes, Hunt, Clare, Loovens, Wallace, Venancio and a few others.    Hutchinson Abdi Westwood and Hooper seem to be made of glass. 

I'm sure the club want him to finish top six.  Can't see it happening myself.  

Its annoying cos we've finally got a chairman with dosh.  

With dosh....but no clue what to do with it. But as long as he's making more dosh, he won't care about the rest 

5 hours ago, Prince said:

Club will probably think play-off's

Realistically the squad we have is lower mid-table much the same as last year. Hopefully we don't weaken it further or league 1 will be calling.

absolutely spot on,wev'e had our chance and failed were paying top dollar for,let's be honest ,drivel neg away but am I wrong ?

5 hours ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Given the premium prices being charged, I expect a premium product. Premium products are usually top end, so in Wednesday case, challenging for promotion.

^^^^^^^^^^^^

This 

• Like 1