What does the club expect of Jos this season?

When he was appointed Chansiri said the aim was promotion as soon as possible. Whether the real ambition was to stay in the championship and help with cost cutting we can’t know. 

If the real aim was promotion as quickly as possible we don’t seem to be going about it the right way for this season, due to letting go of some good players and not replacing them in the squad. But we shall see what happens 

1 minute ago, Dandrewchaz said:

be comfortably mid table. The bigger question which splits the room. What do the fans expect?

I don't expect an automatic promotion challenge. Maybe if key players stay fit we can challenge for a play off place.

But I really hope games to be generally entertaining. Don't do worlds most exciting job so don't want to bored on a Saturday afternoon as well. (Or whenever matches take place these days) 

1 hour ago, welsOwl74 said:

Jos won't make the season end

Fans will moan at midtable without realising jos is building for the future

Next season (19/20) is next crack at promotion

I agree. I think realistically it wont be Jos's team until the 20/21 season so he's currently working with someone else's players (albeit some very good ones). Its difficult to know if he has ones which fit his system or how many changes he wants to make. 

If we can get the Westwood deal done and use some of proceeds to sort out a pacey RWB and LWB on loan from Prem then we may be in with a shout.

This is our area of most weakness and is key in a 3421 as we saw in WC. In semi final Ashley Young was horribly exposed.

Reach can cover ground but not best in tackle, right side- maybe Lee or Baker but Palmer I don't think good enough. 

Fox needs taking out the back...

Think DC min expectations will be PO. My fear is he is probably getting bored and it's costing a lot more than he anticipated in terms of £££...

Let's see how month one pans out. Fast start is key, never CC forte...

We finished 13th I think last season.  Since then we've lost Rhodes, Hunt, Clare, Loovens, Wallace, Venancio and a few others.    Hutchinson Abdi Westwood and Hooper seem to be made of glass. 

I'm sure the club want him to finish top six.  Can't see it happening myself.  

Its annoying cos we've finally got a chairman with dosh.  

25 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

"No, Mr Luhukay, I expect you to d- ...er, challenge in the top half?"

537528362_LuhukayBond.thumb.png.873afb1d248d190d7ca5483202242287.png

I like your attention to detail, the Ozzie owl in the background? brilliant :tango:

Edited by s73owl

Upper mid table would be good. You can’t  expect Jos to get in the playoffs with only bringing in 1 player for £500k and having to release around 8. Every club needs freshening up - it’s the nature of the beast!

I think as fans we should all get behind Jos this season even when we are playing poo . He’s been dealt a bad hand and is inheriting an injury hit and unconditioned squad and a Club which is losing £20m a year.

First aim is to build a team, on a very tight net budget,, in order to make a decent challenge for a top 6 place, whilst reducing the wage bill and reducing the over bloated squad size.  Reducing any risk of FFP negatively effecting the club. Quite a challenge for anyone, but in Jos I place my faith.

• Like 1