Owls v Blunts  

270 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Finish Higher?

• Owls
    • Blunts
  2. 2. Who will boast the highest Championship Goal scorer

• Owls
    • Blunts

I don't think Egan is better than anything we currently have. 

In fact, I'd rather have Lees, Pudil and a fit Hutchinson. 

Will they finish above us? 

Flip knows. I mean, if you go off last season, then yes, despite their form going south at the turn of the year. 

On paper, I believe we still have a stronger squad, but without wanting to state the blatantly obvious, it all comes down to Jos and the players. 

They're more than capable of having a decent season. 

A couple of points they came up the year before and teams often carry momentum through to their first season (ie Barnsley). I think they got found out towards the end of the season.

Rumour is that Jack O'Connell is off to Brighton which funded the Egan deal.

With this and the impact of Coutts been injured it last year, shows thar Utd lack squad depth whereas Weds have quality in abundance supplemented by some decent youngsters. 

I think we'll both be mid table with us slightly higher than them.

If we were to sign Egan and Waghorn this site would be all over it , cause they've signed em ,it's oh we've got better players etc......so two faced football fans .....I'll be honest and say those 2 players would have improved us without doubt.

1 minute ago, Watto said:

If we were to sign Egan and Waghorn this site would be all over it , cause they've signed em ,it's oh we've got better players etc......so two faced football fans .....I'll be honest and say those 2 players would have improved us without doubt.

Definite no to Waghorn for north of 5 million given our striking options, but we certainly need a CB. Would Egan have been a better bet than Van Aken, possibly.  No way I'd be looking at selling another key player to raise that sort of cash, however.  

13 minutes ago, Watto said:

If we paid £5-8m for Waghorn I think I'd actually cry. And I wouldn't have in him the team anyway. He's just had his only decent scoring season in his career in England, before that he was the sort of bang average player that we'd have signed for £350k under Mandaric.  He actually scored 20 fewer league goals (7 in 32 games) in his last season in Scotland than Stevie May did in the season before we bought him.

I genuinely don't know enough about Egan to know if he's good value or not, time will tell.

Edited by alanharper
typo

1 hour ago, OughtibridgeOwl said:

I always used to think united fans were obsessed with Wednesday. The kind of people that look for a Wednesday loss before checking if their team has won. 

But im starting to question some Wednesday fans. Leave them to it. They can finish second for all I care if we finish first. 

Obsessed is strong, mild interest is about right. 

1 hour ago, GEE said:

If Wilder wasn’t the manger I would have them finish below us, reckon while he’s in charge and we aren’t in a position to strengthen I think we will finish below them. Do not underestimate United & Chris wilder 

Pork, deluded or just plain crackers. 

30 minutes ago, Watto said:

I'd have signed Egan and probably Waghorn too!

30 minutes ago, Watto said:

Utter, utter nonsense.  If we stooped to that level of signing.  This place would implode.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

Pork, deluded or just plain crackers. 

Not really, we massively underestimated them last season and look what happened, I’d absolutely love to see them struggle but unfortunately I can’t see it. It’s not being deluded it’s being realistic, Wilder knows how to get the best out of a team, I hope I’m completely wrong. 

1 minute ago, GEE said:

Not really, we massively underestimated them last season and look what happened, I’d absolutely love to see them struggle but unfortunately I can’t see it. It’s not being deluded it’s being realistic, Wilder knows how to get the best out of a team, I hope I’m completely wrong. 

Whats this "we" crap,we lay down and had 4 goals shoved up us because one man and one man only didn't/couldn't understand the importance of that game.

Waghorn is bang average, even 4 million would be silly money IMHO.

I'll give Wilder is dues, he's certainly got the knack for getting mediocre players to perform to levels you wouldn't think them capable of. However, while last season that proved enough to surprise a lot of people, I don't think their current crop of players, nor the ones they seem to be looking to add, will ever get a team promoted.

9 minutes ago, GEE said:

No team will finish above us next season my friend.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1