270 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Finish Higher?

• Owls
    • Blunts
  2. 2. Who will boast the highest Championship Goal scorer

• Owls
    • Blunts

They are starting to spend some cash!

Cant see Utd being the only ones in for Waghorn and even if they do get him they have little strength in depth. 

I still go with my prediction of a 3rd season syndrome for them. 

Edited by AwokenGiant

Egan's a good player, and the type we should have signed when we had money to spend.

But we were reluctant to spend big on defenders. and there was a big disparity in quality between front and back.

On paper we should finish higher, but it's if we can keep our better players fit.

11 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

who gives a tuck with a F

Pork

when did this forum become porktalk ?

And why shouldn't a forum on Sheffield Wednesday have chats about our rivals? Don't get what the fascination of denying rivalry is about

For those who are saying wednesday fans are obsessed or that you couldnt give a f*ck about what the pigs are doing blah blah ...all I can say is you must live miles away from sheffield and have no proper connection with this steel city rivalry or you are lying ...its always been the case both sides of the city do this and so what?....its part of the fun having two clubs in one city isnt it ?

Or do you all wish it was dull like in Leeds or summat?

Btw waghorn is sh#t and the Brentford player will flop too ;-)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Egan's a good player, and the type we should have signed when we had money to spend.

But we were reluctant to spend big on defenders. and there was a big disparity in quality between front and back.

On paper we should finish higher, but it's if we can keep our better players fit.

Agree, we really could have done with another CB last season

7 hours ago, GEE said:

If Wilder wasn’t the manger I would have them finish below us, reckon while he’s in charge and we aren’t in a position to strengthen I think we will finish below them. Do not underestimate United & Chris wilder 

Take away the first 10 games when they had serious momentum from promotion, and their points total was identical to ours

They’ll stay well clear of trouble as they always have decent home form, but they won’t be anywhere near the top 6

1 minute ago, TaxiMark said:

For those who are saying wednesday fans are obsessed or that you couldnt give a f*ck about what the pigs are doing blah blah ...all I can say is you must live miles away from sheffield and have no proper connection with this steel city rivalry or you are lying ...its always been the case both sides of the city do this and so what?....its part of the fun having two clubs in one city isnt it ?

As I said earlier, obsession is far too strong. It's just a mild interest in rivalry. 

These people obsessed with our mild interest hey!!!!!

1 minute ago, briggowl said:

As I said earlier, obsession is far too strong. It's just a mild interest in rivalry. 

These people obsessed with our mild interest hey!!!!!

Pigs are the first result I look for hoping they lost .

I dont feel no shame saying that ;-)

2 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think he will be a 15 goal a season forward for Sheff United. Solid but nothing special.

One thing we could learn from United it they seem to do homework on signing where Wednesday just seem to but players because they are glamorous and expensive without a though if they will suit Wednesday or the style of play. This is biggest change needed for me at Wednesday.

Yeah but I reckon, DC has learned an important lesson on this......and......just stopped signing players!!!

4 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

Ex Vere Rd pal

I'm not interested in em, I come on this forum to see news about Wednesday, not have some bloke cream about a pig signing.

Just now, quinnssweetshop said:

Ex Vere Rd pal

I'm not interested in em, I come on this forum to see news about Wednesday, not have some bloke cream about a pig signing.

But you opened a thread to read about a bloke creaming about it?  Lol

Ex vere road living in mongolia now ?

Always wondered what ulambataa (sp) was like TBF.

2 hours ago, Jack the Hat said:

A man after my own heart(or woman). I literally do not care about United unless they are in our way in a big game, but usually we are both battling it out for chump change. When we beat them I never gloat and when we lose, I am not bothered by all the stick I get - even though I get a lot cos everyone knows who I support. I do find the stick a bit irritating though. It's a bit like being told I have a big nose by someone with big ears. Yes I have a big nose but people in glass house shouldn't throw stones! Maybe it's because 90% of my family are blades but I just don't care in the slightest.

I'm quite interested in blunts as I enjoy the banter and there's nothing better than beating them even if its......

They sold 1000 tickets at Mansfield on a Saturday 3pm

We sold out 1600 on a Tuesday night

YESSSS we won, we beat them, stuffed them, we're far bigger than them.  I'll use this as my next blunt bashing!!!!!

Edited by briggowl

6 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

Again...I'd say 'creaming' about them, as well as 'being obsessed' about them is a touch too strong. Mild interest is a more adequate description. cheers

13 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Ex Vere Rd pal

Again...I'd say 'creaming' about them, as well as 'being obsessed' about them is a touch too strong. Mild interest is a more adequate description. cheers

Guest Jack the Hat
13 minutes ago, briggowl said:

I'm quite interested in blunts as I enjoy the banter and there's nothing better than beating them even if its......

They sold 1000 tickets at Mansfield on a Saturday 3pm

We sold out 1600 on a Tuesday night

YESSSS we won, we beat them, stuffed them, we're far bigger than them.  I'll use this as my next blunt bashing!!!!!

I do get it. I'm from and live in Sheffield , but they just don't bother me. Maybe because most of my family support them it's just white noise to me. I do feel as though I am superior to them though. A bit like darwins theory of evolution. In the same way man evolved from an ape I evolved from a blade!

24 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

No pal, just wondered why we were talking about pork.

but hey,you love it, crack on.

4 minutes ago, Jack the Hat said:

I do get it. I'm from and live in Sheffield , but they just don't bother me. Maybe because most of my family support them it's just white noise to me. I do feel as though I am superior to them though. A bit like darwins theory of evolution. In the same way man evolved from an ape I evolved from a blade!

Humans and ' other apes' evolved from a common ancestor we are apes ourselves.