• Owls
    • Blunts
  2. 2. Who will boast the highest Championship Goal scorer

• Owls
    • Blunts

5 minutes ago, Watto said:

Matias hooper and Fletcher all crocks

Winnall out till at least November

That's leaves 3 strikers of varying ability and who between them have never got more than 15 goals in a season each 

Doesn't look so rosy when you look at it like that does it ?

We need freshening up and we definitely need pace 

I'd still rather have our 3 than Clarke Sharp and Donaldson.

1 hour ago, GEE said:

Agreed on that, CC completely fu*ked that one up, my point is united had a great season last year and played some amazing football, if it wasn’t for the bad run of form in the latter stages of the season they would have made the playoffs, I think they will have a similar season if not better. Like i said in previous post I genuinely hope my prediction is wrong 

You could say that if it wasn't for the bad luck/preparation that caused almost all our first team to be uinjured for the majority of the season, we would have finished in the play offs. It was inevitable that when our players started to come back we started to make gains on them as they got found out.

7 minutes ago, GEE said:

Why? What is it I’ve said that’s so shocking? 

Bigging that lot up........................thats what..................amazing football.....................really  ?,the @ss fell out of em second half of last season,we had injuries the likes of which we as far as i can remember we've never had before,they did well for the first season,but christ on a bike,blowing sunshine up there backside......................behave.

Egan seems a solid champ player and the kind of no nonsense ball winner we need but 4m seems expensive.

Utd won’t have momentum but wilder will have them grafting and motivated. The key difference is that this season I see the same “hungah” and “desiyah” in us. I think both sides top half. Whereabouts depends on who we keep fit and whether they can afford a Scott hogan or Sam Gallagher 

1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

Egan seems a solid champ player and the kind of no nonsense ball winner we need but 4m seems expensive.

Utd won’t have momentum but wilder will have them grafting and motivated. The key difference is that this season I see the same “hungah” and “desiyah” in us. I think both sides top half. Whereabouts depends on who we keep fit and whether they can afford a Scott hogan or Sam Gallagher 

Ya see,this is what i mean,ya can talk about that lot without giving it the "wilders a premier league manger","they play(ed) amazing football",blowing sunshine up their @ss............rubbish.

4 hours ago, Watto said:

If we were to sign Egan and Waghorn this site would be all over it , cause they've signed em ,it's oh we've got better players etc......so two faced football fans .....I'll be honest and say those 2 players would have improved us without doubt.

If we signed those two for combined fees north of 9m I’d be thinking we hadn’t learned a great deal at all. 

Edited by Bluesteel
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Ya see,this is what i mean,ya can talk about that lot without giving it the "wilders a premier league manger","they play(ed) amazing football",blowing sunshine up their @ss............rubbish.

Never said he’s a premier league manager, said he is a good manager! I’m not blowing sunshine up there arse I’m just speaking the truth, they were better than us last year, they are strengthening while we are cutting, I want them to f*ck up this season just as much as any other Wednesday fan but I just think while wilder is in charge they will always be a tough team to beat. Apologies for using the word amazing in my last post, that was a bit OTT 

4 minutes ago, GEE said:

Never said he’s a premier league manager, said he is a good manager! I’m not blowing sunshine up there arse I’m just speaking the truth, they were better than us last year, they are strengthening while we are cutting, I want them to f*ck up this season just as much as any other Wednesday fan but I just think while wilder is in charge they will always be a tough team to beat. Apologies for using the word amazing in my last post, that was a bit OTT 

By saying further back in this thread,you think they'll do better this coming season than they did last is blowing smoke up their @ss............IMO

Opinion on something doesn't make it truthful.

Thay had no choice but to sign a better quality of player,they can't carry on with "cheapish" signings.

Our "cutbacks" as you say,have seen us lose four first team regulars,two of which is was pretty dammed agreed there time was up (loovens,wallace) one monetary sale,and one a financial decision for ffp p&s or whatever its called this week,are we any worse off really ?

Other than perhaps bringing the average age down of the squad,player for player,they don't have diddly better than we do,me thinks the injuries has clouded peoples judgemnent on how "good" they were LAST SEASON.

Guest Jack the Hat
5 hours ago, OughtibridgeOwl said:

I always used to think united fans were obsessed with Wednesday. The kind of people that look for a Wednesday loss before checking if their team has won. 

But im starting to question some Wednesday fans. Leave them to it. They can finish second for all I care if we finish first. 

A man after my own heart(or woman). I literally do not care about United unless they are in our way in a big game, but usually we are both battling it out for chump change. When we beat them I never gloat and when we lose, I am not bothered by all the stick I get - even though I get a lot cos everyone knows who I support. I do find the stick a bit irritating though. It's a bit like being told I have a big nose by someone with big ears. Yes I have a big nose but people in glass house shouldn't throw stones! Maybe it's because 90% of my family are blades but I just don't care in the slightest.

Think he will be a 15 goal a season forward for Sheff United. Solid but nothing special.

One thing we could learn from United it they seem to do homework on signing where Wednesday just seem to but players because they are glamorous and expensive without a though if they will suit Wednesday or the style of play. This is biggest change needed for me at Wednesday.