Rhodes

If we had Rhodes here in Carlos first season he’d be on the way to be some a Hillsborough legend and maybe even playing at a higher level but a change in tactics with dire football starved of chances gave him very little chance by the time that chance cane around he was shot of confidence and looked a shadow of himself which is a shame

one of the nicest guys in football and undoubtably a goal scorer when supplied and in form. I’m still hoping he goes to Norwich rediscovers his form and comes back full of confidence next year to help us 

sadly I think we’ve seen the he last of him 

good luck Jordon 

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

No smoke without fire eh , so you were happy with his performances then ? His price tag was his downfall . 

I may not have been happy with every performance but I would never dish out the type of abuse that was levelled towards him on here. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, handworth52 said:

to be fair to Rhodes and other strikers they had no service under carlos , Rhodes and other strikers need a ben marshall type ,Rhodes thrives on confidence we sapped it all away ,if he scores 20 plus this season then it proves that there aint nowt wrong with him its the style we play. under carlos it was sideways and backwards so slow and predictable ,Rhodes needed the ball getting forward far quicker .

But the rest of our strikers managed to do ok with our style of play

2 hours ago, fpowl said:

If we had Rhodes here in Carlos first season he’d be on the way to be some a Hillsborough legend and maybe even playing at a higher level but a change in tactics with dire football starved of chances gave him very little chance by the time that chance cane around he was shot of confidence and looked a shadow of himself which is a shame

one of the nicest guys in football and undoubtably a goal scorer when supplied and in form. I’m still hoping he goes to Norwich rediscovers his form and comes back full of confidence next year to help us 

sadly I think we’ve seen the he last of him 

good luck Jordon 

He had that chance in the playoff semi final. Didn't take a good chance that he had and then declined to take a penalty.

2 hours ago, A12owl said:

Is there one true Wednesday fan who didn't want Jordan to score bucket loads for us when we signed him? 

Is there one true Wednesday fan who didn't expect him to score bucket loads for us when we signed him?

Is there one true Wednesday fan who is very disappointed that it didn't work out for him at Sheffield Wednesday?

Is there one true Wednesday fan who thinks that Carlos didn't want him and didn't set up a team to play to get the best out of him?

Yes there is one..... @RocketOwl or @Arcadianrocket whoever he happens to be at the moment.

I personally would have loved Rhodes to have banged in the goals for us. Carlos ruined the guys confidence and destroyed the proven best goalscorer in the championship.

The abuse he has taken on here is unwarranted . He didn't decided the fee nor his wages. 

A potential great Wednesday player ruined. 

Yes @RocketOwl I still keep banging the Rhodes drum as I think it's an opportunity missed. 

No

yes quite a few of us

I would hope we all wanted it to work

He wasn't/isn't good enough to set the team up around him. Jos had the same view as Carlos. I actually thought Carlos gave Rhodes too meant chances but thought he had to because of fee paid for him.

• Like 1