Rhodes

24 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Good for him. The abuse from some of our so called fans on here was shocking. Wish him all the best. 

Hi its a buggar when your on 40k a week and constantly watching his fluffed chance after chance. Wonder how he feels. Bet he doesnt give a flying fvvck. 

Are people actually expecting Rhodes to flop at Norwich ??   Interested to know on what basis ?   For me with the way Norwich play and with a decent direct winger in Marshall I fully expect him to start scoring goals 

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

Are people actually expecting Rhodes to flop at Norwich ??   Interested to know on what basis ?   For me with the way Norwich play and with a decent direct winger in Marshall I fully expect him to start scoring goals 

I like him but I would guess it's on the basis that he's been gash for at least the last 3 years.

34 minutes ago, BIG D said:

I liked Rhodes and wanted him to do well here but if he was still here he’d be about 5th choice.  His time here is done, good luck to the guy

Exactly this. There were always going to be 4 scenarios:

1. We kept him, he played well & scored loads of goals for us. No problem

2. We kept him, he didn’t get in the team & didn’t score as a result & people would whinge we didn’t offload him

3. We did offload him & he does well & people moan that we loaned him out

4. We loan him out & he does badly do the decision is vindicated. 

Each outcome is just as likely....we have to trust that the management have come to the right decision for SWFC....

2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Boro had some decent wingers. Didn't pull up trees there.

Not saying he won't score goals at Norwich.

But I can't believe 3 managers have all missed that the key to get Rhodes scoring is a decent direct winger and not thought of trying it.

Hope he scores goals and we get some money for him in 12 months.

But let’s be right here, if everyone is fit, he wouldn’t get in our 18 man squad. So what’s the point of keeping a player who’s on £35k pw. Moreover, he doesn’t suit us and our playing style.

Apparently this deal is worth £3m to us over the season - loan fee and wages saved. Very good deal in my opinion.

Jordan Rhodes doing well and rediscovering his prolific scoring form at Norwich will mean 1 of 2 things...

Either we make a profit on him when we sell him in the summer OR we get to recall and proven goal scorer bang in form for the following season.

Just now, pazowl55 said:

Boro had some decent wingers. Didn't pull up trees there.

Not saying he won't score goals at Norwich.

But I can't believe 3 managers have all missed that the key to get Rhodes scoring is a decent direct winger and not thought of trying it.

You make a good point to be fair, but it’s not just a direct winger it’s the whole formation and tactics in general 

he swapped a situation at Boro that wasn’t working for him for a situation here that was pretty similar, probably because we was the only ones willing to spend the money at the time 

I’ve honestly every expectation he will score goals at Norwich, there’s not as much competition as there was for him here and at boro so he will get more of a run in the side and I just think he will get goals from there system 

we’ll see though I suppose 

48 minutes ago, bedders2012 said:

They probably play with Wingers and pace and get the ball to him in good areas, good on him, not all his fault that he flopped with us at all.

Si

It was his fault he didn’t take a penalty in a vital play off semi final though.

Lets sign a star striker and watch him bottle the type of situation where star strikers earn their big money. Marvellous.

Guest Arcadianrocket
32 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

What game do some people see.

Most of the chances Rhodes fluffed for us were from crosses.