Rhodes

Since mid October 2015, at 3 clubs and under 5 managers...

63+32 appearances, 20 goals.

Meanwhile, just last season, two of the blokes (Lucas Joao and Atdhe Nuhiu) he was being paid a bundle to be rendering semi-redundant...

38+32 appearances, 23 goals.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

I may not have been happy with every performance but I would never dish out the type of abuse that was levelled towards him on here. 

100% correct. 

It's been even worse with abuse directed at Atdhe Nuhiu. 

Much of it, way out of order !

12 hours ago, RichSheffWeds said:

It was his fault he didn’t take a penalty in a vital play off semi final though.

Yeah, have to admit that wasn't his finest hour, 0 confidence and mental weakness could have been hidden and he let us down as well by taking one and missing, always 2 sides and we'll never know more that what we see.

Yeah but no service ..

criminal excuse. How about this for service. I put the ball on the penalty spot, you can take as much of a run up and as much time as you want. No defenders and goalie can’t come off his line l. How is that for service Jordan?

still not good enough ?

Guest Arcadianrocket
17 hours ago, A12owl said:

Is there one true Wednesday fan who didn't want Jordan to score bucket loads for us when we signed him? 

Is there one true Wednesday fan who didn't expect him to score bucket loads for us when we signed him?

Is there one true Wednesday fan who is very disappointed that it didn't work out for him at Sheffield Wednesday?

Is there one true Wednesday fan who thinks that Carlos didn't want him and didn't set up a team to play to get the best out of him?

Yes there is one..... @RocketOwl or @Arcadianrocket whoever he happens to be at the moment.

I personally would have loved Rhodes to have banged in the goals for us. Carlos ruined the guys confidence and destroyed the proven best goalscorer in the championship.

The abuse he has taken on here is unwarranted . He didn't decided the fee nor his wages. 

A potential great Wednesday player ruined. 

Yes @RocketOwl I still keep banging the Rhodes drum as I think it's an opportunity missed. 

bore off

22 hours ago, CLswfc said:

Hi its a buggar when your on 40k a week and constantly watching his fluffed chance after chance. Wonder how he feels. Bet he doesnt give a flying fvvck. 

To all the neggars its amazing what Jos did for Big Dave and Joao, so what excuse does  Rhodes have. . Come on dont be shy spit it out. Both there wages a fraction of Rhodes yet he still couldn't produce. Hope he does well for Norwich nothing against the lad, but for the complete outlay just exactly what did he bring to the table for us. Give us some facts to back your bias towards Rhodes. Im all ears.

22 hours ago, handworth52 said:

to be fair to Rhodes and other strikers they had no service under carlos , Rhodes and other strikers need a ben marshall type ,Rhodes thrives on confidence we sapped it all away ,if he scores 20 plus this season then it proves that there aint nowt wrong with him its the style we play. under carlos it was sideways and backwards so slow and predictable ,Rhodes needed the ball getting forward far quicker .

To be fair, most decent strikers of the alleged pedigree of Rhodes should be able to play under the likes of 'Brian the Blade'.