Clare tho!

Guest The Claw

7 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

Agree with this

Imagine if Clare signed for a Hearts, wtf kind of career move is that 

A chance for him to develop at a club that could challenge for Cups, play in Europe, and has a proven history of bringing through and developing younger players.

A slightly smaller club in a worse league but Edinburgh is a great city to live in and he’d be playing in front of a full home end every 2nd week and he’d have the benefit of better training facilities than at Wednesday. There’s quite a few positives I’d say.

• Haha 1

Surprised the club haven't announced he's left us

No great loss. Would have liked to see how he developed as he was a breathe of fresh air at the time, but like Hirst he doesn't yet deserve a big paycheck. To say we gave him a chance too it's not much loyalty

Would they avoid compensation, I presume so?

Hed be in the team here, playing in the championship and putting himself in the shop window. A move north of a border makes no sense under those circumstances other than it being another personal reason why they won’t stay here.

3 hours ago, edinburghowl said:

A chance for him to develop at a club that could challenge for Cups, play in Europe, and has a proven history of bringing through and developing younger players.

A slightly smaller club in a worse league but Edinburgh is a great city to live in and he’d be playing in front of a full home end every 2nd week and he’d have the benefit of better training facilities than at Wednesday. There’s quite a few positives I’d say.

Well it’s all a matter of opinion I guess, firstly I have nothing against Edinburgh as I went there on holiday with my gf in April and we love it. And I think I’m right in saying that we’ve had debates about the state of Scottish football before so I won’t get into that again. 

But in my opinion sheffield Wednesday is a bigger club, with a larger stadium and fan base, playing in perhaps the most competitive league which is one step from the premier league - the biggest in the world. Our youth system is improving every year, and now we have a manager who is playing those young players in the first team. Including Clare, who only left the first team due to injury.  And we have better players than Hearts too, for him to train with every day. 

My personal feeling is Clare didn’t like the criticism he got from Jos after his performances and has decided he wants to be at a smaller club where he can be more of a billy big b*llocks.  

BUT, we will wait and see what happens as I don’t mind saying I was wrong 

• Like 2

Tony Blair's legacy I'm afraid. What I call the "self entitled generation". They want the top money and wages of seasoned fully skilled workers before they've even finished they're apprenticeship or proven themselves capable of being left to do the job they've been asked. Back in the day during my engineering apprenticeship I remember sweeping up and tidying the workshop etc.. That's what you did, proved you could follow orders and competently fulfill what you'd been asked to do, you worked hard, did your training and worked your way up the ladder getting a pay rise when deemed you'd earned it. 

The boys not really done anything to warrant a big pay rise and first team wages, so let him go and realise what the big bad world is all about. One of the things I always loved about Chris waddle, got set back when he was young and had to re climb the ladder to be successful. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

Hashtag 

11 hours ago, WAWAWUTO17 said:

The lad puts the #seanflair after every tweet. Confident.

So because he's used a hashtag that's a play on his name (that fans gave him) it means he thinks he's better than he is? Come off it, based on that logic everyone who tweeted #itscominghome over the last week or so is arrogant and thought England would win the World Cup. I very much doubt you'd be saying that if he'd signed a deal at Wednesday.

Just now, TomtheOwl95 said:

So because he's used a hashtag that's a play on his name (that fans gave him) it means he thinks he's better than he is? 

Dunno about that but i think it undoubtedly displays poor judgement 

2 minutes ago, scram said:

Dunno about that but i think it undoubtedly displays poor judgement 

I think it's a young lad using social media like most people his age. I can see why that would annoy some of the (dare I say) older generation of supporters but lets be fair. This is the world we live in. People need to stop taking it so seriously.

4 hours ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

So because he's used a hashtag that's a play on his name (that fans gave him) it means he thinks he's better than he is? Come off it, based on that logic everyone who tweeted #itscominghome over the last week or so is arrogant and thought England would win the World Cup. I very much doubt you'd be saying that if he'd signed a deal at Wednesday.

Which fans? Certainly not ours. I'd just say it makes him a supercilious littleprick who thinks he's better than he is, hence his refusal to sign a new contract and his current self-inflicted predicament.

17 hours ago, shezzas left peg said:

Tony Blair's legacy I'm afraid. What I call the "self entitled generation". They want the top money and wages of seasoned fully skilled workers before they've even finished they're apprenticeship or proven themselves capable of being left to do the job they've been asked. Back in the day during my engineering apprenticeship I remember sweeping up and tidying the workshop etc.. That's what you did, proved you could follow orders and competently fulfill what you'd been asked to do, you worked hard, did your training and worked your way up the ladder getting a pay rise when deemed you'd earned it. 

The boys not really done anything to warrant a big pay rise and first team wages, so let him go and realise what the big bad world is all about. One of the things I always loved about Chris waddle, got set back when he was young and had to re climb the ladder to be successful. 

Absolutely spot on.

One goal he's scored... one bloody goal.

Seriously, If I was the gaffer, I'd wait while he begged to come back, and then tell him he was released.

Edited by quinnssweetshop

Being pimped around, still trying to find a club, so desperate it could now be in Scotland. Turned down the opportunity to carry on playing for promotion chasing Wednesday.

The lad is obviously thick.

A bit like the Hirsts.

Edited by theowlsman

8 hours ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

I’d said the same before his contract was an issue and id assumed he was staying at that point. 

There has been a bit of bigging up on social media, whether it’s that hashtag or his ice in his veins celebration. It’s just a modern footballer thing started by the likes of Alli, Lingard and Pogba where they almost market themselves. Might be a bit of fun, but to the average fan it doesn’t come across that way when you’re turning a contract down or at least do something consistently first. 

Nothing like “it’s coming Home” which wasn’t tweeted by the England camp was it. It was a clear parody from after the Tunisia game