If Hunt leaves....

1 hour ago, Walt said:

Despite the score line, Imo the Norwich winger gave him a bit of a runaround. His final ball let him down mind. We were 343 so Baker didn’t have much protection though.

Sorry to disagree. Yeah his final ball looked nervous but I thought he had an absolute worldy defensively. Really impressed me. One game is one game though so we'll see

I still firmly believe a fit Kieran Lee would be immense in the wing back role (if that's the formation Jos persists with) as he's such an intelligent footballer with a great engine and ghosts into good positions. I wouldn't worry too much with Hunt going as Jos could well have a trick up his sleeve. The Dominic shout from Wolves is also a good one.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

The England team have shown that replacing established names with young hungry upstarts can provide more success

Trust in Jos and Chansiri

I know.

And we all remember the you will never win owt wi kids statement.

I just think some of us were surprised that we are losing a fullback over almost any other position on the pitch.

But we don't know what Jos has up his sleeve and in a months time we may all be glad Hunt went.

But at this moment in time it seems an odd choice.

FFS.

• Like 1

The revolution has begun... there will be young, hungry and previously ignored players gracing the first team, and what’s more they will be fit.

The whole squad will be fit and we know what sort of edge that can give a team.

A fit team playing in blue and white stripes.... can’t flippin wait.

• Like 1

If Jos has a strategy of how he wants to play and feels he needs to sell players that don't fit into his plans then he's going to let them be sold to allow him funds and wages to go get the style of players in that he does want. 

I trust Jos, though I'm hoping for no more hap hazard oh he's a good player dosent fit how we play or formation, but well sign him anyway like the last couple of seasons under Cc.

Jack Hunt has improved over the last 18 months and will be a loss IMO. However, it looks like that could provide the cash to buy Venancio which isn't a bad swap. Palmer is not the answer for me, whilst Baker may not yet be ready. Lee could be the man to do the job as he was originally brought in as a FB but was then converted to midfield if he has fully recovered from his injury. Interesting to see how the rest of the transfer window pans out.

27 minutes ago, akbuk said:

Didn't Kieran Lee come to us as a right back ,I think he would be best suited to R.W.B with Palmer and Baker as back up 

I’d be surprised if jos trusts the likes of Lee and Hutchinson as “first choice” players next season. Hopefully we have a younger and energetic right sided player lined up and Lee can make appearances when available or appropriate. And I’d let Palmer go 

Edited by Southie_Owl

Might be a sign of sticking with three CB at the back and playing more of a winger on the right side in the 5 midfield slots

Hunt lost his man too many times for me

Maybe this money is to sign Fred for the back three so not to fall foul of FFP in case Rhodes does not leave

The best clubs sell and change the squad else they are found out. He been here 3 years, and while he's outright in my first 11 3 years is already 1 year too long to have the same starting 11.

Edited by cbirks

10 hours ago, Sultan_Pepper said:

Sorry to disagree. Yeah his final ball looked nervous but I thought he had an absolute worldy defensively. Really impressed me. One game is one game though so we'll see

No worries fella, we all see things differently.

I meant that the Norwich wingers final ball was poor, for me he’d often beat Baker then choose the wrong option.