If Hunt leaves....

6 minutes ago, Owl14 said:

Step up ash baker 

proved he’s good enough against Norwich 

A one game sample isn't much to gamble on for a team with ambitions at the right end of the division. That said, you may be right re Baker & it does sort out the funds needed to bring in Vacenzio

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Owl14 said:

Step up ash baker 

proved he’s good enough against Norwich 

Despite the score line, Imo the Norwich winger gave him a bit of a runaround. His final ball let him down mind. We were 343 so Baker didn’t have much protection though.

Think Ash Baker, Kieren Lee, Liam Palmer can all play that position. 

If nobody is incoming one of them will have to make the position his own.

Baker looked ok defensively needs to work on attacking side of being a wingback. Lee is 30 with suspect fitness but ideal if fit. A really fit Palmer might be useful as cover.

I'd have like us to have gone to Chelsea to get the lad Dujon Sterling who really impressed me the few times I've seen him in their U21s and is clearly capable of league football.

Sadly it seems it's a week or so too late and Coventry have got him on a season long loan. 

Sure he'll do well there under Robins

19 minutes ago, welsOwl74 said:

wouldn't take much to replace,massively overrated on here,

still laugh at the comment from someone other year saying he could play in a top 4 team in premier lol 

Dont worry mate,the said poster has been recaptured and is responding well to treatment 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

Seems bizarre to get rid of the best right back at the club. Not really in keeping with DC's survey is it. 

He might be the best RB at the club but he's not irreplaceable and he's not one of our 'stars'. He's a decent quality Championship RB. To my mind he was a better player in his first season than he is now, maybe my expectations are higher now than they were back then or he's been trained out of what he offered before.

If he was bought for say £2.1M* on a 3.5 year contract he will be carried on the books at £600k, the rest has been written down. Now we have £1.6m coming in and we won't have to write off the £600k he would have cost us this year. We also save his wages, result all round if my figures are in the right ball park.

*I've no idea what we paid for him. 

• Like 1