#SHIRTGATE

If you have a tinpot supplier, but don't want to admit it, you do a 'Soft Launch'

If you're f*cked over by a Financial 'Fair' Play system, that shares philosophies with tuition fees, You charge £99 for lycra shirts

Just now, camffiti said:

If you have a tinpot supplier, but don't want to admit it, you do a 'Soft Launch'

If you're f*cked over by a Financial 'Fair' Play system, that shares philosophies with tuition fees, You charge £99 for lycra shirts

If you've had bad PR with the previous shirt launch and lack of availability at the previous Owls in the park event, you make sure it's there in all forms at the next one.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Rebowl Yell said:

If it sells more pro shirts and generates more proffffit into the club’s coffers that’s a good thing for me. 

But there will be people who would have bought a shirt tomorrow that now never will. We will not get more money. Very few will spend £99 on a shirt so instead of tomorrow being our biggest day of shirt sales we’ll sell hardly any and make very little money.  

Its seems foolish to try and package this as a marketing masterstoke when everyone can clearly see its as a result of us failing to get an adequate number of shirt available for release. 

What makes it more frustrating is that we were promised last season that the club had learnt from their mistakes and we all know the situation with ffp that surely would be helped by improved merch sales. 

They've basically messed up the launch again.

Not enough Supply.

In fact, no supply of men's replica shirts.

None!

So if you don't want, or can't afford the "one off" price of £99, and you're a man... you're not getting a shirt tomorrow.

Unless, you have a feminine body, or suffer from dwarfism. 

Edited by The Batman
  • Haha 3

It seems to me (if this rumour is true) - that Chansiri has yet again completely misjudged the market here in South Yorkshire.  If he thinks more than a handful of people will pay £99  for a shirt, he's completely lost the plot.  Frankly I begrudge even £59, whether the quality is good or not.  These items cost single figures to manufacture and FFP or not - it's a rip off to be making these sorts of margins out of working class people.

The whole football world has gone off the planet for me.  Transfer fees, agents' fees, players' wages, ticket prices - everything.  And frankly I blame Sky TV and BT etc for most of it.  As much as I will always be a Wednesdayite, football is no longer a game for the people.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, The Batman said:

They've basic messed up the launch again.

Not enough Supply.

In fact, no supply of men's replica shirts.

None!

So if you don't want, or can't afford the "one off* price of £99, and you're a man... you're not getting a short tomorrow.

Unless, you have a feminine body, or suffer from dwarfism. 

Not true I know someone who’s got hold a £59 shirt size small already.

:ghoulguy:

Just not available to people tomorrow. 

7 minutes ago, Miruic said:

Not true I know someone who’s got hold a £59 shirt size small already.

:ghoulguy:

Just not available to people tomorrow. 

That's even worse!

Why are they making out, tomorrow is too early?

Like it's brought the released date forward?

They decided on the OiTP date!

lol

Soft launch! :rolleyes:

Am I missing something here because I cant see on the club website that the shirts are not available.

With the Owls’ community fun day taking place earlier than normal on the first day of July, we were committed to revealing the kit alongside one of our most engaging days of the calendar year.

So from 10.00am in the Owls Megastore, the blue and white striped replica shirt will be showcased to supporters from the infant range, juniors, men’s and ladies through to the Pro-Fit kit to be worn by the players next term.

The Pro-Fit kit is manufactured from superior moist management fabric featuring EVAPOR8 technology laser cut for improved athlete fit.

Infants shirts up to four years and the ladies version can be purchased on Sunday to mark our family fun event, with prices ranging from £35 to £59.

• Thanks 1

You couldn't make this sh!t up....

I blame the deep state, working in the shadows, undermining us from within....either that or someone just f****d up again!!!! lol

Bang.gif

Edited by Morepork
  • Haha 1

I can’t wait to see the que snaking all around Hillsborough to buy a shirt that’s absolutely disgustingly overpriced and nobody will ever buy 

8 minutes ago, Kevan said:

It seems to me (if this rumour is true) - that Chansiri has yet again completely misjudged the market here in South Yorkshire.  If he thinks more than a handful of people will pay £99  for a shirt, he's completely lost the plot.  Frankly I begrudge even £59, whether the quality is good or not.  These items cost single figures to manufacture and FFP or not - it's a rip off to be making these sorts of margins out of working class people.

The whole football world has gone off the planet for me.  Transfer fees, agents' fees, players' wages, ticket prices - everything.  And frankly I blame Sky TV and BT etc for most of it.  As much as I will always be a Wednesdayite, football is no longer a game for the people.  

Once you've finalised the design, even with the embroidery, bespoke collar, 'evapor8' material etc I reckon you're looking at around $15 per shirt.